Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Razortooth ( )
Date: February 15, 2018 01:30PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: perdition ( )
Date: February 15, 2018 01:41PM

Good but still can't compete with Brother Joe who got to meet just about every major prophet in the Bible!

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: February 15, 2018 01:41PM

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: February 15, 2018 02:29PM

Was he off his medications?

Or was he on medication?

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: February 15, 2018 04:04PM

Who wants to bet that the "Jesus" he saw was "white and delightsome?"

Any takers? :)

Posted by: East Coast Exmo ( )
Date: February 15, 2018 04:29PM

I'm told that my great-great-grandmother had sex with Jesus! That may or may not have been face to face, but it was certainly something to something.

Her small grandchildren had come home early one day and could hear her praying in the bedroom, "Oh God! Oh God!". They also heard a man's voice inside and wondered who she was praying with, since g-g-grandpa was in town getting supplies. As she opened the door, the children shouted, "Who's in there with you, Grandma?". G-g-grandma jumped when she saw them and shrieked, "Jesus!".

The grand kids wanted to meet Jesus, but g-g-grandmother shooed them outside and told them to go play for a while. Those children were naive at the time, but as they grew up, they realized the truth: their grandmother had been having an affair with The Savior.

Of course, family legends get exagerated over the years so this may not be completely accurate. Or maybe I'm just making shit up, like a lot of Mormons do.

Posted by: paisley70 ( )
Date: February 15, 2018 05:49PM

If you repeat a lie over and over again, it will eventually become true! Just ask Paul Dunn. It worked for him!

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: February 15, 2018 04:36PM

Not sure what the big deal about seeing jesus is.

Posted by: paisley70 ( )
Date: February 15, 2018 05:52PM

Lot's of people in the Bible Belt had Jesus appear to them in the bedroom closet. There is nothing extraordinary about this phenomena!

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: February 15, 2018 04:46PM

"......and my grandfather literally spent hours on his knees asking for guidance and inspiration"

Let me guess, he started praying, after a few hours he saw Jesus, then he woke up and said, "aww shucks, my legs went to sleep too."

Exact same thing happened to me once too in the MTC, I just didn't see Jesus.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: February 15, 2018 06:03PM

I saw Jesus' face on a piece of toast one morning.

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: February 15, 2018 06:05PM

I have Mary holding baby Jesus in a jalapeno cheeto. Seriously.

Posted by: GQ Cannonball ( )
Date: February 15, 2018 06:50PM

His was ribs recipe was better than yours, he could tell you how to change the oil on your faster, and he saw Jesus in a waking dream. Ole Ballard knew better than everyone, yes siree!

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: February 15, 2018 08:35PM

Note that there is no date mentioned. Where have we seen this before? Earth-shattering events, like John the Baptist of Peter, James and John or even somebody named God just showing up one day, and nobody could quite remember whether it was sometime last October or maybe June of the year before that- but it really happened, for sure, for reals!!! I Promise!!!

Personally, I think it was after the same party in which James E. Talmadge did some experimenting with some Cannabis indica. Yes, he really did.

Posted by: brigham666 ( )
Date: February 16, 2018 12:28PM

Remember the prophet who had all the signers of the Declaration of Indepencence come to him in the St. George Temple and ask why their temple work had not been done?

So he did it.

Even though a number of them had already been done?

Imagine that, lying to the Prophet in the Temple?

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: February 16, 2018 12:45PM

There *is* hope for mental illness, Brother Ballard, but bullshit?

You just have to stop.

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: February 16, 2018 03:13PM

Great story east coast...it was dark...I never saw his face...but I felt his....ahhh...presence....story goes of an old gal ran a house of I'll repute...she'd open her little talk hole in the front door...that'll be twenty bucks...guy gives her he money...she takes him to the back door and shoves him out hollering ...congratulations you've just been $&@& by gramma

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.