Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: knight2284 ( )
Date: February 23, 2018 04:08AM

What the heck is that? A mormon friend just told me that it is a form of theocratic government established by Joe Smith! It sounds sinister to me because he also said that he doesnt know much of it since it is secret. What the hell!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: February 23, 2018 08:16AM

When I was stationed in Mountain Home Air Force Base Idaho in the mid 80s they had a local council of fifty.

The base commander was asked to be a member. I had to explain its origins to him.

The concept at one point was you did not need to be a mormon to be on the council.

It included business leaders and church leaders of various denominations.

I am sure it was more of a nickname for what most would call a chamber of commerce mixed with a community council.

Again this was the local folks imitating the church.

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: February 23, 2018 04:20PM

Our leader joe had huge as in YUGE aspirations and had almost the means to make it happen ...as in enough voter support and an army large enough to make it happen had it not been for pesky buggers like Bill Law with his printing press and frivolous lawsuits..and joes inability to keep it in his pants...the world just wasn't ready nor is it now for wholesale YEEHAW fornicatin....Joe had himself ordained king of the world by this very council...even now the early minutes are under wraps likely due to how utterly outrageous they were...read volume five of JofD where good ol lapdog hebes yaps about Briggs being prez of US and he brown noser that he was being VP...delusional doesn't begin to describe early moism...they say if your gonna peddle dope or religion...be careful how much of your own product you use...I'm thinking joe might have been half way through a ten kilo bag...king of he world...aw shit...hilarity...dream big or move to Utah I guess...it is also thought that the Danites may have been the bloody bizness arm of the council...another reason to keep things quiet...what say yee...grampa Gordy...I don't know that we ever taught this...I don't know that we emphasize it...haha

Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: February 23, 2018 04:47PM

IMO the Morg has got to have a secret shadow modern day Council of 50. Someone has to run their real estate empire efficiently, and make other major decisions, and I doubt it would be the puppet GAs.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.