Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: ExMormonRon ( )
Date: June 03, 2011 11:37AM

I have a pet peeve. So often on this board we turn stories and rumors into fact just because we thing "that's the way it is".

There's another thread about a dude divorcing his wife and it morphed into "..I think he's fucking somebody else already.." and pretty much the whole crew posting agrees.

GET OFF THAT SHIT! Not all men follow their dicks through their entire lives. Some? Yes. All, no way.

Unless you saw him doing the nasty, shut the hell up.

All men aren't whore mongers and all women are not long-suffering. Live with it.

Just sayin'...

Ron

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: June 03, 2011 11:51AM

Posted by: AmIDarkNow? ( )
Date: June 03, 2011 04:13PM

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: June 03, 2011 05:50PM

Posted by: kimball ( )
Date: June 03, 2011 11:54AM

That's what she said

(*duck from Ron's fist*)

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: June 03, 2011 12:10PM

LOL! Epic.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: June 03, 2011 12:01PM

name calling, vulgarity, and making accusations with no thought to who they are talking about and no real information to base their allegations on.

I'm not surprised to find it here.

There is some kind of bizarre entitlement to attack people personally just because it's anonymous.

Stooping to the lowest level of cowardly human behavior on the Internet is often very prevalent.

Date: June 03, 2011 12:03PM

I'm more saying that I'm sick of folks flying right to "..he's fucking somebody.." when "he left her"... "they're getting a divorce"... comes into play.

Just sayin'...

Ron

Posted by: Timothy ( )
Date: June 03, 2011 12:07PM

... spend so much time on-line.

Must like it or somethin'.

Timothy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2011 12:08PM by Timothy.

Date: June 03, 2011 12:09PM

Or just trying to see what innane comments would be made in response.

Posted by: AIC ( )
Date: June 03, 2011 04:24PM

Yes you are right.

Susie is right too...too many personal attacks incognito!

Anonymity has its perks!

Date: June 03, 2011 02:00PM

critical comments about how I am doing it wrong, just like one of my bishops used to do! :-)

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: June 03, 2011 06:00PM

SusieQ#1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> critical comments about how I am doing it wrong,
> just like one of my bishops used to do! :-)

May be it IS your former Bishop, Susie? Or one very like him...

Date: June 03, 2011 06:27PM

matt Wrote:
> SusieQ#1 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > critical comments about how I am doing it
> wrong,
> > just like one of my bishops used to do! :-)
>
> May be it IS your former Bishop, Susie? Or one
> very like him...

nah, just the same behavior of one of the most obnoxious, outrageous bishops I ever had. On the whole, they were a decent lot, but this one and one stake president were the epitome of controlling, annoying, fit throwing behavior -- very un-Christ-like. Shocking, actually.
There is a need with some men, in particular (some women do it too) but my experience is with men in leadership positions that thought they had to control me and fix me and teach me how to do things "right." My view? Let them try! I feel sorry for men like that. Poor things.

Posted by: jessica ( )
Date: June 03, 2011 12:09PM

Not enough bosomage for you? :P

Posted by: Sorcha ( )
Date: June 03, 2011 02:02PM

Date: June 03, 2011 02:25PM

:) I'd love to get off it...But i don't recall getting on it in the first :D

well said!

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: June 03, 2011 04:08PM

Because of political correctness, almost everyone except white guys get special consideration and multiple chances these days and that doesn't seem fair to me. Being male doesn't make a guy is guilty of any crime or offense.

Posted by: captaincaveman ( )
Date: June 03, 2011 04:27PM

Unfortunately in this day and age, producing sperm is a legal risk and having a penis is almost a crime:

Family Court decisions from hell:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1392045/Man-ordered-pay-100-000-children-ex-wife-tricks-clinic-using-frozen-sperm.html

http://articles.cnn.com/2009-08-11/justice/georgia.child.support_1_child-support-services-jail-payments?_s=PM:CRIME

also what scares me, guilty until proven innocent:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/12/10/AR2010121006996.html

and it's starting to take root...

http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2011/04/04/education_department_civil_rights_office_clarifies_colleges_sexual_harassment_obligations_title_ix

“Preponderance of the evidence” means that if a school thinks there is as little as a 51% chance that the accused is guilty, the accused must still be disciplined.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Education Department alters burden of proof in Title IX sexual harassment cases - Washington DC SCOTUS | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/scotus-in-washington-dc/education-department-alters-burden-of-proof-title-ix-sexual-harassment-cases#ixzz1OFO92Exc

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2011 04:35PM by captaincaveman.

Date: June 03, 2011 04:30PM

... I think us white heterosexual males have had more than our fair share of perks.

Near the close of the 2008 election cycle, it seemed to me that something great was in the process of happening, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. I turned to Beloved and axed if she felt it too. She answered in the affirmative, so I axed if she could identify it.

She says, "Yeah, grumpy old white men aren't in charge anymore. Now, sit your a** down and shut up!"

I just bowed my head and said, "Yes, dear."

Timothy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2011 04:31PM by Timothy.

Date: June 03, 2011 04:32PM

What the hell?

I mean really?

Is your wife black? What is that your betta axe somebody crap?

Hmmmm....that stinks if ya aks me!

I never could understand why people struggle with saying ASK!

but you totally took it to another level!

Date: June 03, 2011 04:43PM

I have good friend from Jersey who says "axe" instead of ask. He's as white as they come. Ever been to New Orleans? Its quite common for folks of all colors to say axe, worsh and so-on in that neck 'o' the woods. Its the same in Detroit and Chicago. I live in Texas. "Axe" is pretty common among white folks round these parts as well.

I just think its funny, just like when my old granny used to say "worsh" and "peench"

Assuming its a "black" thang (that would be another bit of southern drawl) indicates that you haven't been around the block as often as you think you have.

Timothy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2011 04:44PM by Timothy.

Date: June 03, 2011 08:29PM

AIC Wrote:
> What the hell?
>
> I mean really?
>
> Is your wife black? What is that your betta axe
> somebody crap?
>
> Hmmmm....that stinks if ya aks me!
>
> I never could understand why people struggle with
> saying ASK!
>
> but you totally took it to another level!

Seems like it's easy enough to say: ask, not axe.
Yes, there are dialects in the English in the US, but I don't speak them so I don't use them. Just a personal preference.

Date: June 03, 2011 05:01PM

Old white men lose job opportunities left and right for no other reason but there skin color and being over the age 45. Big turn around from days gone by around these parts. My son is saying he might have to move to Texas.

Date: June 03, 2011 05:08PM

The last time I went job hunting was 2002. The "kids" who interviewed me were at least ten years younger. I was only 45. My age and resume most decidedly scared them. I'm sure most thought I would quickly take their positions.

First time I've ever felt the nasty sting of discrimination. Not fun to say the least.

Timothy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2011 05:18PM by Timothy.

Posted by: captaincaveman ( )
Date: June 03, 2011 05:13PM

My bud's dad filed an age discrimination suit and lost, he's now a 65 year old mechanic busting his ass to pay alimony to a woman that makes 6 figures. people ask me why I don't remarry...

Date: June 03, 2011 05:29PM

all being harassed and ridiculed for being white. They used the same attorney who helped them get a better settlement but couldn't save their jobs.

I'm in no mood to hear about how it is where I live from someone who hasn't been here or worked here in eons. I have lived worked and know the territory.

I'm done!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2011 05:30PM by Cheryl.

Posted by: anona ( )
Date: June 03, 2011 08:24PM

"resume most decidedly scared them. I'm sure most thought I would quickly take their positions."

Posted by: spaghetti oh ( )
Date: June 03, 2011 04:30PM

I was hoping for more extreme cussin' than what's there.

;-)

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: June 03, 2011 07:03PM

Posted by: BadGirl ( )
Date: June 03, 2011 05:00PM

I don't remember that.
Long-suffering means "patient".

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.