Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: February 24, 2018 07:55PM

Please go to Mormon.org and ask a Mormon this question for me....

<Insert question>

Copy and paste responses below...please.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: East Coast Exmo ( )
Date: February 24, 2018 08:01PM

I see what you did there.

It doesn't matter what the question is because their response will be either "we don't have a good understanding of that" or else some official pablum that evades the real question.

They may as well be pre-programmed chatbots. In fact, because they're probably reading scripted answers off of a monitor, they kind of are.

Date: February 24, 2018 08:26PM

East Coast Exmo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I see what you did there.
>
> It doesn't matter what the question is because
> their response will be either "we don't have a
> good understanding of that" or else some official
> pablum that evades the real question.
>
> They may as well be pre-programmed chatbots. In
> fact, because they're probably reading scripted
> answers off of a monitor, they kind of are.

That kind of sounds like you're suggesting the Missionaries could be a part of the world's largest army of full time Zionist ideologues going out to convince the world every day to join up with the "General Authorities" and "the Prophet" to sing praises to a pedophile and a cuckold bull who abused his obscene power and authority to rape his followers wives and kids. That kind of reminds me of Agent Smith in the Matrix. Only instead of Agent, they go by Elder.
As if calling an 18y.o. an "Elder" automatically gives him more power and authority than anybody who's not an "Elder of Zion".
I give the missionaries shit every time I see them walking down the road. I pull over and have a conversation with them when I can. Half the time I post the conversations on YouTube.
In this #metoo moment, why isn't more pressure being applied to the church to quit singing the praises of a cuckold bull rapist worse than Warren Jeffs, who's rotting in prison on child rape convictions?

Posted by: East Coast Exmo ( )
Date: February 24, 2018 08:31PM

You got all that from my response to your original post? I think you have your own issues.

Posted by: Honest TBM ( )
Date: February 27, 2018 09:54AM

I got so sick and tired of people pretending to defend the Church through lying, evasiveness, and other forms of dishonesty. Thus I decided that someone needs to tell the TBM perspective with the honest truth.

How in the world are we going to convince the world that the LDS Church is true - i.e. a completely honest/transparent organization - if we don't tell the honest truth about anything? Dishonesty will get us nowhere at all.

So here I am doing my best to present the honest TBM perspective :) I assume that the people on this RfM board will be going back to Church in droves as they read what I write and think to themselves "oh my heck - this Church is so super honest/transparent and this Honest TBM person is so non-delusional". If that does happen then please don't thank me. Besides you won't have time to thank me anyway because you will be so super busy keeping those chapel toilets scrubbed so Heavenly Father can save some money while you are reminded how you are just a tiny piece of cow manure whose whole mission in life is to be a pawn of the beloved local middlemen in the Church :)

Date: February 24, 2018 08:02PM

They finally blocked my ip addy,

Please ask the missionaries this one question for me,

If we came from Adam and Eve 6,000 years ago in Missouri, how did Eurasians get 3% Neanderthal DNA in us?
When the Neanderthals went extinct 30,000 years ago, when we first arrived in Europe.

How could Neanderthals be a different species from us if they interbred with us?

So we know humans had to have been around at least 30,000 years ago and probably, for hundreds of thousands of years, if not millions, before Homo Sapiens Sapiens, if you count our ancestors, the Neanderthals, as humans
and science does.
So do I.

https://nypost.com/2018/02/23/neanderthals-may-have-been-europes-first-great-artists/

Posted by: Adam Ondi ( )
Date: February 27, 2018 04:54AM

You should read this. According to this guy Neanderthals actually used to eat humans, and looked like demon gorillas, forming the base for our ogre and goblin stories.

https://youtu.be/mZbmywzGAVs

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: February 24, 2018 10:35PM

What question?

What Mormons?

M@t

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: February 25, 2018 12:30AM

Can I ask why you waste your time asking a bunch of teenagers doctrinal questions?

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: February 27, 2018 08:36AM

Religious S&M?

Date: February 27, 2018 09:35AM

angela Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can I ask why you waste your time asking a bunch
> of teenagers doctrinal questions?
#1. They're adults. Why do ExMos feel a need to coddle grown ass adults?
I have kids theur age in the Army.
#2. They are the representatives of the church. Its not like I csn expect to engage the CEO of MORmON Inc to answer my questions.
#3. I was a missionary once and I just wish somebody who knew wtf they were talking about had talked to me.
#4. Because post Google Mormons are lying sacks of shit and it makes me feel good to expose their blatant lies to the world, to counteract the lies I unknowingly spread as a missionary. The difference between me and missionaries these days is Google.

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: February 27, 2018 10:42AM

>> #1. They're adults. Why do ExMos feel a need to coddle grown ass adults?
I have kids theur age in the Army.
#2. They are the representatives of the church. Its not like I csn expect to engage the CEO of MORmON Inc to answer my questions.
#3. I was a missionary once and I just wish somebody who knew wtf they were talking about had talked to me.
#4. Because post Google Mormons are lying sacks of shit and it makes me feel good to expose their blatant lies to the world, to counteract the lies I unknowingly spread as a missionary. The difference between me and missionaries these days is Google. <<

All true. Yet at the same time, you know what lies there, you know what you're going to get. It's like the guy that picks up the sweet talking snake and is surprised when he gets bit, and the snakes say's "you knew what I was when you picked me up." Don't act surprised if you never get anything different from the missionaries.

Why continue to pick up the snake? I understand that you want to shout from the rooftops and see the world crash down on mormonism, but aren't there better things to do? People are just going to have to figure out mormonism for themselves because in my experience, no one can do that for them.

Date: March 01, 2018 04:00PM

Now chatting with: Nathan and Tyler
Thank you for your interest in chatting with a member of the Church. What would you like to talk about?

BILL 12:28 PM
Hi. I got my DNA tested and it said that I am 2.8% Neanderthal. As it turns out Eurasians are on average 3% Neanderthal. How does that fact fit in with Mormon world view that we all came from Adam and Eve if they lived 6,000 years ago, according to Mormon scriptures and Neanderthals died out 35,000 years ago?

Tyler 12:30 PM
Okay I'm just looking up something really quick

BILL 12:30 PM
Or was Eve a Neanderthal who lived 35,000 years ago, not 6,000 years ago?

Tyler 12:31 PM
Here is the church's official stance on this issue: The scriptures do not say how old the earth is, and the Church has taken no official stand on this question. Nor does the Church consider it to be a central issue for salvation.

BILL 12:34 PM
But we can do the geneology between Christ and Adam and figure it represents about 4,000 years, right? That's way off according to the DNA evidence

Tyler 12:34 PM
I'm not sure the exact answer, but the scriptures aren't really used to be scientific evidence or explanations. However, we do believe that Adam was a literal person, who was the first person to live.

BILL 12:36 PM
That means Adam and Eve couldn't have been the first humans if humans were around to mate with Neanderthals 30,000 years before the Bible narrative picks up.

Tyler 12:36 PM
Also, is Neanderthal a race?

BILL 12:37 PM
No. Neanderthals are a sub species of Homo Sapiens, who have existed for at least 500,000 years. Homo Sapiens Idaltu was the first human, The First Wise Man. So if there was a real Adam, that'd be him and he lived in Africa about 500,000 years ago.or about 100 times longer ago that Adam , according to the Bible.

Tyler 12:38 PM
So how long ago were your neanderthal ancestors alive?

BILL 12:39 PM
Your Neanderthal ancestors, if you're Eurasian, and mine, died off 35,000 years ago, after we replaced them in Europe, where they lived for 300,000 years before we showed up on the scene.
So do you reject the story told by our DNA in favor of the Bible story, which is about 1/100the of the story of human history?
How is accepting the reality of our origins, as proven by our DNA, not relevant to our Salvation? If Adam and Eve is just a story, then no need for a Savior, right? It's all just a myth.That has been debunked by DNA evidence, which is good enough to send somebody to the electric chair or prevent them from being executed. Why isn't it good enough to base our world view upon?

Tyler 12:48 PM
Okay. I've never heard of anyone who had Neanderthal in their DNA. But I think if you're trying to see how scientifically true the Bible is I think you're not understanding the purpose of the book. But if you don't believe that Adam and Eve existed that's fine. I still do.

BILL 12:52 PM
Do you believe Neanderthals existed? They were humans who died off 35,000 years ago. We've found their remains and their DNA matches ours. We've never found skeletons of Adam and Eve, even though they supposedly lived only 6,000 years ago, which is 3,000 years after Kennewick Man was wandering around in present day Washington State.

Tyler 12:54 PM
Bill, I think we're just are going to have to agree to disagree on this topic because I think we are just viewing this problem in two completely different ways.

BILL 12:56 PM
Yeah. My world view is real, based on real evidence. Your world view is based upon an impossible fairy tale that is completely irreconcilable with reality. Which is why I am no longer Mormon, even though 5 generations of my family before me were.

Tyler 12:57 PM
Okay. That's fine if you don't agree, but please don't be rude or condescending with your view.

The chat session has ended.

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: March 01, 2018 04:16PM

>> "Tyler 12:57 PM
Okay. That's fine if you don't agree, but please don't be rude or condescending with your view."

OKay that's fine, but please don't be ignorant or uninformed in your view.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.