Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: February 27, 2018 09:50PM

I greeted them, but said I would go out on the porch to talk to them, as I know they can't come in without a male present.

As some of you may know, I have a wonderful orange tree in my backyard, so I invited them to go through my back-yard gate, and pick all the oranges they wanted (which they did). But, they were on bikes, so they could only take a few, but put them in boxes I had on my backyard driveway swing (it fits 2-or-3 people), to pick up later tonight.

Interestingly, they mentioned of major "area" changes being made, down to two rather far apart districts--that is, spreading the area they cover out further. (As some RfM poster, if I remember correctly, mentioned earlier.)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: February 28, 2018 12:17AM

If missionaries were to show up where I live, I would be tempted to have them in and be the way I used to be. They are so grateful to not be rejected, to have someone to chat with who understands Mormon concepts. But I don't want to lead anyone on, thinking they can get me back in. I think it's best to ignore them, if they ever come around here again.

Posted by: bettydee ( )
Date: February 28, 2018 01:43PM

The last set that stopped at my house I invited in . It was a very hot day and I offered them water or Gatorade.I explained
to them I was a former member and had resigned my membership.
I was not interested in discussing the Church, However,they were
welcome to visit and be the young men they were with names. They were welcome to use my computer to email or my phone to call family or friends at home.

I invited them to stop in and watch tv ,listen to real music and we have a video gaming room for our teenage grandsons when they visit and they are welcome to play video games.

They were most grateful to be treated as themselves. They both used my phone and stopped by the next week and watched TV, got in my hot tub and played video games. I fed them supper and gave them doggie bags to go and a sack of just baked cookies.

About 2 weeks later I seen one of them back in my neighborhood but he had a new partner.

That was the last time any missionaries came to my house.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.