Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 07, 2018 01:02PM

Mormon logic: Flat earth was falsified but how does one attempt to verify Kolob let alone that God is the source of all light and that is how Kolob gets its light and how "Kolob gives its light in a similar way"???

So, Bible writers were ignorant of the shape of the earth but Joseph Smith and Brigham Young know the astronomy real good?

" “Do you really think there was a global flood?” he asked, as he modeled the shape of the earth with his hands.
“Wait. Do that again,” I quickly shot back.
This time, his hands were still as he posed the question.
“No. Ask the question like you did the first time with your hand motions.”

After he repeated the exercise, I asked him a simple question: “Wasn’t the world flat until 1492 when Columbus sailed the ocean blue?”
He laughed.
“Makes all the difference when you think about it from the perspective of biblical narrators, doesn’t it?” "
http://www.ldsliving.com/Why-You-Should-Talk-to-Your-Children-About-Controversial-Church-Topics/s/81886

"As the first creation and the star nearest to the source of all light, God, it makes sense that Kolob gives its light in a similar way. The explanation for figure 5 in Facsimile 2 in Abraham explains that the planet Enish-go-on-dosh “borrows its light from Kolob through the medium of Kae-e-vanrash, which is the . . . governing power. . .” It also later says that two other stars, Kli-flos-is-es and Hah-ko-kau-beam, also receive “light from the revolutions of Kolob.” "
http://www.ldsliving.com/3-Fascinating-Things-Every-Mormon-Should-Know-About-Kolob/s/82249

Makes me laugh how crazy it all seems now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: March 07, 2018 01:31PM

Come now, it's all so simple when you study it out in your mind:

http://egyptianalphabetandgrammar.blogspot.com/p/what-are-basics-of-this-theory-about.html

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: March 07, 2018 03:20PM

Now just wait until December when Kolob shares it's light with the star "O-bye-gosh-by-gollie" and the planet "Its-tyme-fer-miss-eltoe-n-hollee"

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: March 07, 2018 03:32PM

EB, you do know that the Greeks figured out that the earth was spherical and not flat (and came up with a darn good estimate of its size) close to 2,000 years before Columbus...

Right? :)

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 07, 2018 03:51PM

Yes, I also understand that the Flat Earth thing was Only a biblical metaphor prior to Columbus' day.

Now, the "four corners" are limited to Ut., Co.,Az.Nm.

Date: March 07, 2018 04:36PM

Utah's corner is where they put Baby.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: March 07, 2018 05:36PM

But...nobody puts Baby in a corner!

GNPE, there's a great deal of evidence to counter the idea that a flat earth was "only a biblical metaphor prior to Columbus' day."

Things like Galileo's trial and such.

Might want to look into that :)

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 07, 2018 05:38PM

When I get A Round To-it, Thanks!

Date: March 07, 2018 04:36PM

They did? Oh. My. Gosh!!!! :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.