Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: March 16, 2018 08:36PM

Hi Gary,
Thank you for your interest in chatting with a member of the Church. What would you like to talk about?
Now chatting with: Kirsten and Taylor
Taylor 5:08 PM
Hi Gary!​
Gary 5:09 PM
Hi. I saw an ad that said I could get answers to my real questions here about Mormonism.
Taylor 5:09 PM
We will try our very best to answer your questions:)
Real answers?
Taylor 5:09 PM
We do not know all things, but we will share what we know!
Why did Mormons exclude blacks from the temple prior to 1978 when you don't need the priesthood to get in the temple?
Kirsten 5:10 PM
Hm, that is not something I have heard before. Can we see where you are reading that?
Gary 5:11 PM
I am a Mormon. I remember.
Gary 5:11 PM
5th heneration.
Taylor 5:11 PM
Okay we would have to look into it a little more.
Gary 5:12 PM
That doesnt sound like a real answer.
Taylor 5:12 PM
I am sorry we would love to look into it a little more for you.
Gary 5:13 PM
You have no clue?
Gary 5:13 PM
Or amnesia?
Gary 5:14 PM
You dont think it might have had something to do with a curse of Cain?
Gary 5:15 PM
Written about in Book Of Abraham?
Kirsten 5:15 PM
Here is an article you can look at :)
Kirsten 5:15 PM
https://www.lds.org/topics/race-and-the-priesthood?lang=eng
Gary 5:15 PM
Ive read it. It doesnt say why. It just talks about priesthood.
Gary 5:16 PM
Thats not my question. Youre avoiding.
Not giving real answers at all.
Why were blacks excluded from the temples?
Gary 5:17 PM
Skin color?
Kirsten 5:17 PM
That is because there is no reason why. There is no official doctrine that said blacks could not have the priesthood or enter temples, etc. I think it was greatly influenced by the times.
Gary 5:19 PM
So MLK was unworthy to enter a Temple of Jesus Christ because of conventions of racist, corrupt, greedy, society, in a church supposedly run by Christ?
Gary 5:19 PM
How do you reconcile those two competing realities?
Taylor 5:20 PM
Many church members of different races were segregated and living their faith was hard for those of any faith. I believe that this had to do more with laws at the time, no because any of them were not worthy in the ees of God.
Taylor 5:20 PM
*eyes
Kirsten 5:20 PM
Skin does not change someone's worthiness. (Also Martin Luther King was not a member of the church...) There is no doctrine excluding members of any race. That must have been a greatly influenced by the times.
Gary 5:22 PM
So the leaders of the Mormon church misled society, into dehumanizingvan entire race of people, for 170 years, by discriminating against them based soley upon their race and I am supposed to believe they were inspired Prophets of Christ?
Gary 5:23 PM
That is impossible for me to reconcile as a Mormon. Just curious if it was possible fir you to reconcile?
Taylor 5:23 PM
Many church leaders openly opposed slavery and everything similar to it, it was the rest of the world that greatly affected the lives of those of different races.
Gary 5:25 PM
The rest of the world didnt claim to be Christs sole representative on Earth.
Gary 5:26 PM
The rest of the world passed anti discrimination laws against discrimination 14yrs prior to Mormons ending discrimination against blacks.
Gary 5:27 PM
Society is evil, yet Mormons are 14yrs behind the rest of society on every social issue.
Taylor 5:28 PM
I am very sorry you feel this way, have you ever asked a bishop or other church leader?
Gary 5:28 PM
How is that possible if it is led by Christ?
Gary 5:29 PM
Shouldnt the Mormon church be leading the push for human rights if that were so?
Gary 5:30 PM
I am asking you how you reconcile those two realities?
Taylor 5:30 PM
There is nothing today that keep anyone who is worthy from the Temple no matter who they are or where they are from. God is loving and He has always loved each of us equally. I wish there was more we could say
Gary 5:32 PM
The only way I can reconcile my belief in Christs commandment to love my fellow man as myself, is to admit that the faith of my Fathers does not represent Christ, but the will of artificially powerful men like Joseph Smith and Brigham Young.
Gary 5:33 PM
And current false Prophet Nelson/LDS Inc
Money is the Idol of modern Mormonism,
Taylor 5:33 PM
I am very sorry you feel this way. I do know that you are loved and always will be. Your bishop hopefully ma be able to answer a few more of these questions for you! We do thank you for your time and we wish you the best. Have a great night!
Whichbis why Mormons put Trump in power.
Kirsten 5:34 PM
Goodbye
The chat session has ended.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2018 08:37PM by koriwhore.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: March 16, 2018 08:43PM

MORmON racism was just a personal sentiment of Brigham Young that was some how misconstrued as Official MORmON DoctUrine...... You know the very kind of thing that having a divinely guided church is supposed to prevent, not facilitate. ......thank god for the benefits of having a church that is guided by the Lower Head Lord
MORmON Jesus !!!!!!

Date: March 16, 2018 11:59PM

smirkorama Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> MORmON racism was just a personal sentiment of
> Brigham Young that was some how misconstrued as
> Official MORmON DoctUrine......

MORmONS act like people are stupid and won't know they are lying through their GD teeth when they feign ignorance. They hope people will just forget about it, while their scriptures are still packed with racist, white supremacist dogma. They know exactly why. It was because of their black skin, which Mormons considered cursed. Mormonism is institutionalized racism, sexism and homophobia, dressed up in business attire. .

You know the very
> kind of thing that having a divinely guided church
> is supposed to prevent, not facilitate.
> ......thank god for the benefits of having a
> church that is guided by the Lower Head Lord
> MORmON Jesus !!!!!!

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 16, 2018 08:51PM

They only have denial.

Date: March 17, 2018 03:35PM

donbagley Wrote:
> They only have denial.

Their only excuse is, "All's we can say is that we do not exclude anybody based upon their race, but we don't know why others did in the past. There is no reason."

Which is bullshit. There's a good reason that's well documented in the historical record and in Mormon scriptures which are more racist than any scriptures on the planet. Brigham Young couldn't have been more clear about it in his Journal of Discourses or his General Conference addresses, which still, to this day have never been repudiated and stand as "revelation from God".

Posted by: Free Man ( )
Date: March 16, 2018 09:42PM

The country is 1.6% Mormon. How did Mormons put Trump in power?

Date: March 16, 2018 09:47PM

Free Man Wrote:
> The country is 1.6% Mormon. How did Mormons put
> Trump in power?
That was short for, "No wonder Mormons voted for Trump more than any other demographic. He is the ultimate racist authority figure and Mormon doctrine is white supremacist AF!"
www.google.com/amp/www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/11/09/how-the-faithful-voted-a-preliminary-2016-analysis/%3famp=1

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2018 09:53PM by koriwhore.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 16, 2018 11:56PM

Dammit ! Happens every time ! *LOL*

Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: March 17, 2018 01:40AM

Hopefully the Mormon cult will go bankrupt soon! Goodbye? And I heard we are sorry you feel that way! I am sorry Mormons belong in a money hungry hating cult!

Posted by: Zeezromp ( )
Date: March 17, 2018 06:36AM

" Your bishop hopefully ma be able to answer a few more of these questions for you"

Mormon Bishop? Answer Questions? Just shows how ignorant or stupid the whole organisation is.

Twice I was called into the Bishops office for just 'investigating' the church and on both occasions it was a complete joke. Neither of the two bishops I experienced knew anything about real church history.

Just the mention of hat and rock and they were like ... whaaat, eghh?? lol

Even the so called 'Ward Historian' didn't know about Smith marrying other mens wives. He was like 'what the fff, where did you get that from'? lol

Date: March 17, 2018 04:49PM

Zeezromp Wrote:
> " Your bishop hopefully ma be able to answer a few
> more of these questions for you"
>
> Mormon Bishop? Answer Questions? Just shows how
> ignorant or stupid the whole organisation is.
>
> Twice I was called into the Bishops office for
> just 'investigating' the church and on both
> occasions it was a complete joke. Neither of the
> two bishops I experienced knew anything about real
> church history.
>
> Just the mention of hat and rock and they were
> like ... whaaat, eghh?? lol
>
> Even the so called 'Ward Historian' didn't know
> about Smith marrying other mens wives. He was like
> 'what the fff, where did you get that from'? lol

When I went to my Bishop with these questions instead of answering them he denied Mormonism was racist, tried to deflect the racism to Christ by asking if he was racist because he said to preach to the Jew's not the gentiles? I told him gentiles are not a race. He told me, "It's fine for you to harbor these kinds of doubts, but if you share them with other Mormons, I'll be forced to discipline you."

I was shocked. I asked him, "Even my wife and kids?"

He said, "Especially your wife and kids."

He had my resignation the next day.

Posted by: doyle18 ( )
Date: March 17, 2018 12:46PM

They're mostly in denial about the racism that was more open in the past, and the ones who were openly racist are mostly dying off. The others might actually leave the cult if the leaders decided to crack down on racist views that are public, but I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 17, 2018 04:08PM

Sadly, some people leave the church but bring the racism with them. We see that frequently.

Date: March 17, 2018 10:22PM

doyle18 Wrote:
> They're mostly in denial about the racism that was
> more open in the past, and the ones who were
> openly racist are mostly dying off. The others
> might actually leave the cult if the leaders
> decided to crack down on racist views that are
> public, but I don't think that's going to happen
> anytime soon.
Not in a political climate where racists are in control and Mormons are their biggest supporters.

Posted by: severedpuppetstrings ( )
Date: March 17, 2018 11:44PM

The next time they say that there's no official doctrine regarding the priesthood ban, mention the "Journal of Discourses" by Brigham Young and "Mormon Doctrine" volumes 1 and 2. Not Volume 3 because that's just a whitewashed version that was released after the ban. Not that they'll read it, they wouldn't want to have their illusion of how "true" the church is to be shattered.

Troll on, man.

Posted by: Sreecn maen ( )
Date: March 18, 2018 05:35AM

That chat showed someone who was unwilling to give a straight answer... meaning they knew the answer, but were unwilling to say. Unwilling to get nailed down. A lie by omission.

Also your bishop would not have answers for you. They likely know that. But, they also know that the bishop can either pressure you into stopping your questions/forbidden thoughts or they could at least identify you and excommunicate you if you do not comply.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: March 18, 2018 09:58AM

For those that say that Brigham Young was a racist and not the church, don't forget the promises by the church that god would never allow a prophet to lead the people astray. Brigham Young led the whole church and its people astray for well over a hundred years on the issue of racism against blacks.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.