Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mrtranquility ( )
Date: March 22, 2018 06:12PM

It's really beautiful with my girlfriend. Guilt has never even crossed my mind. Any other fornicators out there?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: March 22, 2018 06:16PM

Keep it PG-13ish, amigos!!!

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 22, 2018 06:17PM

Consider me anonymous on this one!!!

It's adultry when you're married and have sex...

It's fornication when both you and your partner are single.

What is it when you get engaged and have sex, before the wedding?

Back in the early 80s, I carried an engagement ring with me, and I'd propose once I got her clothes off and then slip on the ring, and then...

I figured it was neither adultry nor fornication, which I love calling fornimacation...just as adultry is adultimary. Credit Homer Simpson, him and his saxamaphone and edumacation.

Posted by: Razortooth ( )
Date: March 22, 2018 07:16PM

There is one very familiar word for it whether you are single, engaged, married or divorced.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: March 23, 2018 11:58AM

I'm proud of myself. I'm not sure which relationship was "fake"--the temple marriage to my gay husband or being with a straight man?

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: March 23, 2018 12:00PM

Congratulations!

I gave up my status as "fornicator" (though I happily earned it!) when I got married 25 years ago.

Now I'm just a plain old f**ker :)

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: March 23, 2018 12:11PM

Some words ruin everything.

Fornication is a very ugly label for what can be sublime entertainment and has much more honorific nomenclature to choose from when describing one's favorite part of life. I think that word, fornicate, should be reassigned a new definition--like cleaning church toilets.

"Brother Jones. It's your turn to fornicate this Saturday. Perhaps your wife could help?"

Posted by: xtremewayz ( )
Date: March 23, 2018 05:00PM

I'm so tired of the adjectives that describe societal "norms" for behavior when intimacy is involved both in and out of marriage.
For me, there is nothing that compares to that which arcs between two souls in the most intimate of unions.
This BS of "being ye therefore perfect, even as I am" is mistranslated and bears an unbelievable subliminal effect in the mormon culture.
For one, the scripture was poorly translated, as the word "perfect" in both Hebrew and Greek has a more defined reference to "being complete"......not perfect.
When i am with my GF in physical union, I feel complete. She does complete me in so many ways, in unfinished thoughts or sentences, in making our house a home, in fulfilling my definition of happiness, in being willing to completely submitting myself to her and being willing to completely protect her at the peril of my own life.
When you arrive at that level of completion then you have perfection, at least in your world and that's a wonderful thing.

Posted by: Free Man ( )
Date: March 24, 2018 01:46AM

"For me, there is nothing that compares to that which arcs between two souls in the most intimate of unions."

Perhaps for you, but there are many who hate sex and find it disgusting. This should be read by all who contemplate marriage or a committed relationship:

https://forums.webmd.com/3/sex-and-relationships-exchange/forum/9407?pg=1

Posted by: CheapGrace ( )
Date: March 24, 2018 03:17AM

Love grows best while you stroke a cheek as she is busy doing whatever at the kitchen table. Walk away, and watch what it does to a lifetime. It's the little things that remain most cherished. Big gifts mean nothing in comparison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GmVajkqLNU

I'm all for mutual exhaustion. But the gentlest, tenderest and most subtle acts we do pay the best dividends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GmVajkqLNU

When was the last time you brushed your wife's hair?

When was the last time you hugged your daughter, for a full 7 seconds?

When was the last time you locked eyes with your son till two smiles exploded?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhfWiU8wGCc

Posted by: Trails end ( )
Date: March 25, 2018 02:00AM

Ahhh..ya gotta love the ol romantics...or should I say young romantics...I'd have to think really hard to come up with old ones who still drink the kool aid...if I thought hard I could remember those days...not to pee on your parade but reality lies somewhere between brushing your wife's hair and her throwing the brush at you...about once a week we have secks...she hollers $&@& you...I holler $&@& you and we retire to our own rooms for blissful fulfilled pill induced slumber...she seems happy with the arrangement...not my idea of wonderful but it's really up to her in the end isn't it??...if I attempted that hair brushing thing I'm fairly sure it would lead to secks...we never go to bed angry...we stay the hell up and fight...haha...enjoy it while it lasts kids...I used to believe in joes myth too..it was nice

Posted by: blueskyutah2 ( )
Date: March 25, 2018 04:48PM

I have a child to prove it...

One of my holy co-workers came in and called me a fornicator the other day.

I called him an adulterer... he said, not really because I repented.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: March 25, 2018 06:25PM

Because having a child outside of Mormon hell is something to repent of.

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: March 25, 2018 08:00PM

What were you doing before fornication? Masterbating?

Its not considered a choice really, its just life.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.