Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: nomoremon ( )
Date: March 24, 2018 01:51AM

I just wrote a long post and then lost it all, so here it goes again. I'm finally leaving my mormon parents home. I'm going to a non mormon university far away from home. I'm not planning on ever going back home. It's taking be much longer than I hoped and expected for me to transition out of mormonism. It's just baby steps for me. I'm not planning on officially leaving until I'm financially stable. Hopefully by the time I graduate. I already had 2 years of community college

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: nomoremon ( )
Date: March 24, 2018 01:53AM

As another step, I officially signed up for exmormon.org. My first post was actually on my mission. When I'm off to college I'll finally be able to stop practicing mormonism. When I graduate hopefully I won't be afraid of people knowing what I really believe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2018 02:47AM by nomoremon.

Posted by: deja vue ( )
Date: March 24, 2018 02:07AM

Congratulations. Looking forward to hearing more about your journey and how you became a free man. Hugs

Posted by: SusieQ#1 Unregistered. ( )
Date: March 24, 2018 03:21AM

Congratulations on taking your power back and owning it.
Yes, baby steps are best. You are changing your whole World View. Give yourself permission to try on different ideas, try new things, and pat yourself on the back for governing your own life!
You'll likely change you mind about a lot of ideas -- and -- that's all OK.
Be kind to yourself.
Have fun!

Posted by: logged out nli ( )
Date: March 24, 2018 04:07AM

Congrats on the new authentic life.

When I prepare a long post, I write it out and save in MS Word first, then copy & paste into the message box. If something happens (and it has), it's easy to try again.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: March 24, 2018 04:28AM

Congratulations on your well thought out departure. I just respect the hell out of you for having the courage to get away from there and claiming the life that is yours. Your life is about to greatly improve.:>)

Posted by: CheapGrace ( )
Date: March 24, 2018 04:36AM

Sweet way to end the night. Your strength and rational choice process is rare. Take yourself out to dinner.

Infuse your mind with the influences of superior intellects and you'll surprise yourself repeatedly, with little effort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iERo7amlnHU

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: March 24, 2018 06:08AM

Best wishes to you as you embark on a new sweet chapter of your life.

Relish the freedom - and remember the responsibilities associated with that. None of which have you hogtied to a cult or its practices.

It isn't easy transitioning from Mormonism if that's been your lifetime frame of reference. So go easy on yourself. Be gentle and kind. As SuzieQ notes, take baby steps if you must.

It's going to be worth it, because you are worth it.

The way I look at my leaving sometimes is that for whatever reasoning my forefathers were led into TSCC, God led me out. He loved me too much to want me to stay stuck inside that cult for the rest of my life, and for my children.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: March 24, 2018 07:34AM

Try to be patient. Transitioning out of a cult takes time and effort. You're well on your way!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 24, 2018 09:17AM

I think that you are doing really well. You are showing that you have a lot of skill in thinking things through and in advance planning. Both will serve you well in life and in your chosen career field.

I think you will love being away from home. Going away to school is one of the biggest privileges life has to offer. Relish it!

One thing about posts -- if I have composed a longish-post or reply, I copy it by hitting Control-C before I hit the "Post message" button. That way if it is lost, all I have to do is a Control-V to paste it on the next try.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.