Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: danr ( )
Date: March 26, 2018 06:21PM

So I am sure that some community in Utah must be in the top ten healthiest places in America. I mean with the no coffee, tea, or drinking these people are head and shoulders above the rest of the country. The Word of Wisdom must be true.

Actually, no community in Utah made the top 10. something must be wrong with the study:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/wellness/the-10-healthiest-communities-in-america/ss-BBKHFPz?ocid=ientp#image=11

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 26, 2018 06:29PM

LOL! I guess Satan is corrupting the righteous with Soda.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 26, 2018 07:25PM

Virginia has three counties in the top ten, and Colorado has four. Colorado is not a surprise to me (having lived there for eight years,) since people there love to get outdoors and hike, bike, ski, etc. With Northern Virginia, you have a very prosperous population and good medical care.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: March 26, 2018 07:50PM

Mormonism is VERY unhealthy.

I wouldn't recommend it.
If so, I'd recommend taking two and calling me in the mourning.

M@t

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: March 26, 2018 08:26PM

The communities listed are "on the radar," upscale and tend to be upper middleclass to strong middleclass.

The median incomes for 5 out of 10 of those are over $100,000. The rest are between $60,000-$85,000 per annum.

So, pretty pricey. Maybe not the best place for retirees or working class families.

One of my brothers and his spouse lived in Fairfax starting out. They were both working when first married. By the time baby #3 came along, SIL quit job to stay home because daycare for their three children exceeded the mortgage. It cost more for her to work than to stay at home. Not long after they moved away for greener pastures elsewhere.

Posted by: janis ( )
Date: March 26, 2018 08:32PM

Mormonism leaves one feeling depressed, anxious, and often hopeless. Their basic diet is mostly carbs. Not all, but a lot of them are pretty lethargic also. Lots of worry about paying the bills and tithing. All of that takes a toll on a person when they live that way year after year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2018 08:33PM by janis.

Posted by: MeM ( )
Date: March 27, 2018 10:29AM

.....plus the time commitment to attend all those meetings, do the callings and work at least one full time job to pay the bills and tithing. When are you going to exercise?

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: March 27, 2018 10:47AM

The WoW touting Mormons are way down the list when it comes to running and not being weary and walking and not fainting. Seems like it was a hollow promise.

No one in my extreme Utah TBM family has escaped serious health problems but me---knock on wood, fingers crossed. Yet they are horrified that I drink coffee. Can you say "brainwashing" boys and girls?

Posted by: danr ( )
Date: March 27, 2018 02:09PM

For those that don't want to scroll through slides:

1 Falls Church, Virginia
2 Douglas County, Colorado
3 Broomfield County, Colorado
4 Los Alamos County, New Mexico
5 Dukes County, Massachusetts
6 Fairfax, Virginia
7 Hamilton County, Indiana
8 Routt County, Colorado
9 Ouray County, Colorado
10Loudun County, Virginia

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.