Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: April 02, 2018 03:58PM

Had my oil changed at Jiffy Lube about 30 minutes ago in Wilsonville, OR. I noticed a copy of the "Ensign" in their magazine rack. I checked it out and it was a brand new April copy, with an April copy of the Friend and New Era behind it.

I suppose if they don't VT and HT anymore, they could start leaving LDS magazines in more public places, and call it "ministering"?

Just thought it was weird seeing the LDS magazine trifecta at Jiffy Lube. Haven't seen that before.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: abby ( )
Date: April 02, 2018 04:13PM

Hell, I don't see them in Utah!

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: April 02, 2018 04:13PM

Perhaps the owner is mormon...?

Wouldn't surprise me, given the scam shenanigans Jiffy Lube has been caught at over the years...

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/You-Were-Robbed-NBC4-I-Team-Exposes-New-Tricks-and-Tactics-at-Jiffy-Lube-Stores-207304771.html

Posted by: Drew90 ( )
Date: April 02, 2018 06:32PM

I'm never going to Jiffy Lube again ever since they charged me for a new air filter. But the next time I got another oil change elsewhere I found out they didn't even put it in my truck.

Posted by: numbersRus ( )
Date: April 02, 2018 04:58PM

You did do your own "ministering", right?

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 02, 2018 05:15PM

Be careful about Jiffy Lube. IMO their training is sub-par. They did more than $700 worth of damage to my car by over-tightening a bolt using a power bolt tightener. They stripped the threads of whatever the drain pan attaches to. It's far better (and often just as cheap or cheaper) to have a certified mechanic change your oil.

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: April 02, 2018 06:38PM

Didn't expect the Jiffy Lube backlash :) I don't go there all the time and I was overdue for this change, but in the years I have gone there, I've never had an issue. The only time that was weird, and I wasn't even there, is when my wife took her car in a few years ago and the manager hit on her, gave her his phone number I think.

I'll reconsider doing business with them.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: April 02, 2018 07:23PM

in Utah. I've chosen a nonmormon doctor and my dentist is obviously not active mormon, so I usually don't see these. I don't think Discount Tire had them either, which is where I have my oil changed.

I used to take my car to the dealer to get the oil changed. They offered free tire rotation. They broke 2 of my hubcaps (luckily, they replaced them for me) and then they all went to lunch one day and forgot about me waiting for my car. I never went back.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: April 02, 2018 07:58PM

I also enjoy seeing The Watchtower in the stacks. They make for perfect doodling pads. The Portrait of the Boner as a Young Man.

Posted by: AJM ( )
Date: April 03, 2018 08:49AM

They should put them in the restroom for toilet paper!

Posted by: Backseater ( )
Date: April 03, 2018 08:54AM

I've seen Gerald Flurry's "Philadelphia Trumpet," a spinoff from Armstrong's Worldwide Church of God, at the barber shop. Sometimes I even read it as part of my ongoing unaccredited program in comparative religious studies.

Posted by: Pathfinder. not logged in ( )
Date: April 03, 2018 03:21PM

Wilsonville... I live in Newberg...

Posted by: pathfinder ( )
Date: April 03, 2018 03:27PM

I live in newberg

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: April 03, 2018 03:58PM

Of course they would minister at a place like that after screwing everybody in the @ss. Next is the prostate exam place.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.