Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: April 02, 2018 07:56PM

She replied, "Oh, ick!" Seems she's not interested in a youth experience. Her only interest left in Mormonism was her beloved visiting teacher who was recently given the job of supervising the cleaning of the chapel. Now Mom never sees her. Seems she is drowning in cleaning responsibilities. If losing the company of her dear friend for a visit from an unknown child doesn't end the last remaining hope she had that LDS, Inc cared about her, I don't know what will.

Actually, the ward is so dismissive of Mom as an elderly woman I doubt they will even try ministering to her. She hopes they give up on her cause she's not interested in the new and improved system.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: April 02, 2018 08:10PM

That's too bad. For your mom, the visiting teacher was more like a friend who made house calls.

That's what's facetious about church relationships. They tend to be pseudo, shallow, and temporary.

Posted by: Bruce A Holt ( )
Date: April 02, 2018 08:13PM

I fear for my in-laws. They are neglected too often as is.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: April 04, 2018 11:52PM

He asked me, "Are you sure about this?" I said, "It's all over the Exmo Board, and you know they always get the good stuff first."

He just shook his head and said, "Wrong, wrong, wrong."

Over the years, he has loved engaging in serious Mo-talk with our longtime HT. They would get knee-deep into all sorts of doctrinal issues, and they both had fun with it. Your typical teenybopper isn't going to have much more depth than a teary-eyed testimony.

I'm not sure he will even allow them into the house. He sounded totally disgusted.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 04, 2018 11:58PM

What resources are going to be given by the church to the 'ministering home teachers' and 'ministering visiting teachers' so that they can carry out their ministries?

Kind words and hopeful prayers are probably not going to do the job.

Will a 'ministering home teacher' have the authority to forward a request for food or funds to the bishop? If not, the entire thing is hocus pocus bogus.

Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: April 05, 2018 12:05AM

My thoughts exactly.

Unless Salt Lake stops sucking Tithing and Fast Offerings out of the wards not much real "ministering" can be done.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: April 05, 2018 10:07AM

Send us ALL YOUR MONEY.

Minister to others (telling them to SEND US ALL THEIR MONEY).

This is OUR ministry.

M@t

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.