Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Honest TBM ( )
Date: April 05, 2018 11:39PM

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas tomorrow as we all remember the sacred latter-day teaching about the long settled understanding that its the birthdate of our beloved redeemer and big brother Jesus Christ. If any of us trying to be TBM were to be ashamed of our beloved restored gospel then we might ignore this most important date. But no siree with a foundation built upon "unchangeable eternal truths" we just have to accept this glorious April 6th date as part of our wondrous legacy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: April 05, 2018 11:42PM

Oh, that reminds me. It's my sister's wedding anniversary tomorrow. She can never figure out why I never forget the date. LOL

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 05, 2018 11:50PM

It's been a lovely Jesus Eve. We had cake after dinner, and exchanged gifts. We look forward to imagining he's another year older, and deeper in debt...

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: April 06, 2018 09:11AM

I must be on Jesus’ and/or Santa’s naughty list, because there were no gifts for me under the tree this morning.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: April 06, 2018 09:21AM

Gee, I didn't hear Joseph Smith Claus on my roof last night, with his sleigh pulled by Fanny, Marinda, Eliza, Helen...

Hmm, maybe I'm mixing up my myths! It's so confusing!

Posted by: Now a Gentile ( )
Date: April 06, 2018 09:38AM

I heard that today is National Beer Day eve. Apparently tomorrow is the day that Prohibition was reversed and signed off by Roosevelt.

I'll drink to that.

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: April 06, 2018 11:42AM

Today, by date, is the 38th anniversary of my mother's death. That year it was Easter Sunday, April 6 AND it was General Conference.

She and dad lived in a basement apartment in my brother's new home (they paid for the acre of land he built on and much more as I learned later). She had been sick with cancer for way too long and would have had her 69th birthday on April 22. (I’m the same age now).

She died about 5am and by 7am I was at their house. I got there just in time to see the mortuary guy drive up in their brand new Buick station wagon with Utah new car tags on it. (I’m a car geek) The mortician was a guy my mom had known for a long time, and I was happy to see him there. She and dad had already paid for all of her funeral needs since they knew it was going to be soon.

And because it was GC, the TV was on in the front room, while we sat around eating and calling people. I don’t remember who all was there but I do remember that conference was on TV non-stop, and even though I was still TBM-ish, I wasn’t in the mood for it. And somehow it seemed to be on all day long. IIRC, Gordon B was on a remote deal to dedicate a Utah pioneer place, in central Utah. I tried to figure out which one it was but so far haven’t decided where it was.

I don’t watch GC anymore and barely celebrate Easter, as long as someone invites me to dinner, but I always remember April 6th.

Posted by: logged out 4 mormon xmas ( )
Date: April 06, 2018 12:33PM

And let us not forget that the Last Days Countdown (not all those other LDCs, the REAL Kolob-Approved Last Days Countdown) began just 188 years ago.

Any day now… any day… just you wait…

and when those Ten Tribes show up, won't WE all be sorry!

Posted by: mikemitchell ( )
Date: April 06, 2018 01:08PM

Thanks, that explains the white stuff I woke up to and the winter storm warning in place until this evening. :)

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: April 06, 2018 05:30PM

Sorry, can't make it. I'll be watching my flocks by night.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: April 06, 2018 06:05PM

I thought I saw a star in the east. It turned out to be an airplane landing light.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: April 06, 2018 08:26PM

It's my niece's birthday today. The apostate niece.

Cute as can be and a super mom to boot.

:-)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.