Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kilgravmaga ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 03:00AM

Its greatly encouraged in the mormon church to not just respect, but worship the apostles and prophets, etc. They'd never admit it, but If you are selling pictures of your glorious leader for his followers to admire in their homes, If you are able to tell stories about your childhood where you are painted as the hero and people consider it right up there with scripture. I think its pretty clear they are deifying you.

Its culty... Its very culty.

And when you look at the lives of these leaders... its respectable, but there isn't much heroic or really outlandishly noteworthy. I don't want to degrade the good things they've done, but if you went around to your elders in your own family and asked about their youth, their hardships, their family dramas and sacrifices, their war-stories. You'd get a lot of the same. Most descent people have amazing stories.

But, yet these men are treated like Jesus himself. They can go around making special demands of others and make 'normal' people feel like crap for not obeying.

I never got it. even when I was drinking the Kool-aid. I was never really impressed. Not that I'm much myself, its just... they're people. So, what?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Visitors Welcome ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 04:40AM

Posted by: montanadude ( )
Date: April 14, 2018 10:11AM

Well......there was Paul H. Dunn :-)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.