Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: think4u ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 08:55PM

Ah, but now there is more to the story. That all happened Sat. On Sun. the Colonel came over for dinner. I told him about what had happened and how surprised the woman had been, kind of funny, actually.

As we ate, about 4 pm, I glanced out my window at their house and sure enough I could see that same young man, Clayton was his name, in the front yard again with the same young woman. Col. M. asked me to call him over to my house, said that he wanted to speak with him.

So I opened the side door and and asked him to come over for just a minute if he could, to which he said sure. The Col. opened the door and told the young man how very sorry he was about what had happened, then pulled another $100 out of his own pocket, and said he really wanted to help too, and wished he had thought of it earlier. He told him that if for some reason his insurance covered it all to just keep the money and take his wife to dinner.

This young man was seriously nearly crying, he just kept saying, "You two are so kind, you are two of the kindest people I have ever met in my life". In this conversation we learned he is actually 30 and married and that the woman he was visiting is his mom, not his aunt. Anyway, it just felt good.

What I really wanted to say was to him was , "listen, we don't pay tithing so we can easily afford to help a little", but he well knows we are apostates, from his mom, I am sure, Col. M.'s car is always over here, and I just wanted to leave things on a pleasant note.

I am sure, however, if his mother ever says one unkind thing about me he will be the first to stand up and let her know that all people that leave the mo church are NOT bad, and he might even think we had a good reason for leaving. Whatever he thinks, I can guarantee that he will NEVER judge us.

Col. M. is a gentle, genuine and generous giant of a man. It is through his loving kindness that I have recovered from living with abuse no woman should ever have to know. He taught me to believe in myself and that I am lovable, as my ex constantly told me that if we ever divorced no man could ever possibly love me. He has brought me out of the darkest of hours many a time. I love you with all my heart, My Dear Colonel Moroni.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2011 09:25PM by think4u.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: AIC ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 09:51PM

:)

Er does the Col. have brothers?

I am thrilled for you to be loved. I am thrilled for you to show that boy what true religion is.

I am thrilled for you you get to go to SD.

In short, I AM THRILLED FOR YOU!

Posted by: think4u ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 10:12PM

He has 2 great brothers that have left the church as well, but they really do not know why, just did not like it, so quit.

Good for them! And though they are great guys, they are nothing like the colonel in personality; absolute no one I have ever met is like him. He is a one in a million kind of guy.

Date: June 06, 2011 10:20PM

:(...BUT happy for you!

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 10:09PM

Great story! It's so important to be kind and generous, I think.

Posted by: WiserWomanNow ( )
Date: June 06, 2011 10:30PM

That young man has now experienced kindness and compassion, with no strings attached, from so-called "apostates." He will never be the same--in the best possible way!

What a good example you & Col. M. set!

Posted by: colonelmoroni ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 11:55AM

You know, when you're free to act, without it being an assignment or a calling, or wanting others to see how wonderful and righteous you are, you actually are finally free at last to act and be who you truly are, for better or worse. What a shame most "members" never get to know that....they are only expected to follow and obey....and pay of course.
Think4U and I have our grumpy,stay out of our face days like most every one, but we have so much fun being ourselves, appreciating life and each other so much more now that we're free ("free at last, thank God Almighty?, free at last"), and in this case, seeing the money we use to pay for tithing (and our time), actually doing some good and making someone's day a lot better....better than he felt going to church I'd bet.

Date: June 07, 2011 12:34PM

AMEN COL.

I met my home teachers on Sunday and I thought...Really this man did nothing to get to know me.

No smile, no joy, no love, why do I want them in my home?

You guys rock!

Indeed I didn't really appreciate MLK's statement as much as I do now

FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST
THANK GOD ALMIGHTY I AM
FREE AT LAST

To chose to act, without being compelled by guilt!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.