Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: April 17, 2018 05:09AM

SOMEHOW, after joining MORmON missionaries in a reciting a prayer to MORmON Heavenly Father, some person later finds them self on the phone in the middle of the night telling the MORmON missionaries that they want to be baptized, and at the very same time also wondering what the Hell they just said and why they said it. Or, STRANGE Stories that MORmONS LOVE to tell .......but really should have avoided telling.

https://youtu.be/5Lqn5gBo6rk

are you listening ???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K88-oo4VZXg

The more that is heard and seen, the more CREEPY and STRANGE that Gordon BS HinckLIEy seems !!!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 17, 2018 05:55AM

Chemical (hormonal) warfare. Love bombs are dropped daily. Investigators are showered with care. Golden converts get golden showers. It's just a matter of time.

Posted by: Bill ( )
Date: April 18, 2018 09:54AM

Oh Don...LMAO...good one. I think there may be a white handbook rule against "golden shower" but I could be wrong.

Yeah I think the love bombing, especially when the opposite sex (male missionaries to female investigators) get the hormonal juices flowing, seems to have a reinforcing effect upon the answers they are praying about. Not the spirit telling them, but sort of a "complex" if you will - a "missionary complex" where they are subconsciously recalling past emotions into the context of the handsome/pretty missionaries suddenly paying attention to them.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: April 23, 2018 07:51PM

You nailed it, don!!

I was in a terribly vulnerable place, emotionally, when the mishies "found" me. (Although "golden showers" were not an issue, back then!!)

It wasn't the "religion" at all. It was the friendship, the caring, the compassion (all of which were genuine in my first ward.)

When I had to move to a State in the Morridor, it was like stepping into an ice-cold shower.

Posted by: zelphoncrack ( )
Date: April 20, 2018 04:54PM

I have always suspected that Brother Joseph had some rudimentary knowledge of hypnosis(Martin Harris springs to mind).

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.