Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GregS ( )
Date: April 19, 2018 02:38PM

I have no love for the church, so I would be 0 on a love scale.

But on a hate scale, I'd be 3 and would spike to 6 or 7 when my wife has periodically said that she feels she must choose between me or the church.

Posted by: quatermass2 ( )
Date: April 19, 2018 02:42PM

For the majority of the 'ordinary' members-on-the-ground, I'd say maybe a 2/3. Yes, you'll get a few cads, but by and large the 'average member' is a decent sort, just trying to get by in this world.

For those at the top of the hierarchy? A definite ten. They are nothing but self-serving, lying iniquitous toads (and I apologise to iniquitous toads for associating them with these contemptuous leeches).

These are people who have no conscience, no compunctions about lying and robbing and commanding whilst having contempt for those who look up to them.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2018 06:08PM by quatermass2.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: April 19, 2018 03:36PM

i really have gotten to the point that I am apathetic, so that scale doesn't fit for me.

I simply don't care even enough to hate it.

Go figure.

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: April 19, 2018 05:00PM

Congratulations, Angela! That's what I'm striving for. I want Mormonism to be completely irrelevant.

Zero for me on liking the Mormon cult. It has zero to offer. It takes, without giving anything back. It takes credit for good things and good people, who happen to be good in spite of the cult and JS's example.

Hate. It is a 10, when I think of the Mormon adults who physically abused me and my children! They got away with it, and were all promoted on up the LDS ranks.

Now, I'm working on trying to overlook people's church affiliation, in general, and prefer to not know if they are Mormons. On an individual basis, I give them the benefit of the doubt, until they say something racist or sexist. When they try to cheat me or someone else in business--game over! I will not do business with crooks. Those creeps, and the bishop relative who stole many thousands of dollars from our family business, are not in our life, and never will be again.

Hate is a strong word. I think in terms of boundaries, and self-preservation. I admit to having prejudices against Mormons, in general, until I get to know them. I don't like liars. I always look for an ulterior motive, if a Mormon tries to be too friendly. These motives are real, and not imagined, because Mormons really do want to try to recruit new members, and earn prestige for "ministering" to us. I hate how Mormons won't leave us alone. Mormons are rude, and don't take "no" for an answer. Who likes that?

I especially "hate" how they stalk little children, and try to brainwash them, and bribe them into the cult with candy, cookies, fake friendship, adult authority, etc.

OK, I admit it...it's still a 10 on the hate scale, except for a handful of nice individuals I know personally, but only in a guarded, arm's-length kind of relationship.

Posted by: ExAmmon ( )
Date: April 20, 2018 07:12AM

Your message means a lot to me, you put my feelings into words better than I could.

Posted by: Moe Howard ( )
Date: April 20, 2018 09:58AM

Angela, I was browsing the answers when I saw yours, exactly what I was going to say. Hate takes too much energy

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: April 20, 2018 11:54AM

Moe Howard Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Angela, I was browsing the answers when I saw
> yours, exactly what I was going to say. Hate takes
> too much energy

So agree. Hate does take so much energy, and, for me, the Mormon church isn't worth my energy.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: April 22, 2018 10:06PM

The Mormon Church is nothing more to me now than an annoying memory.

My wonderful DH is the best thing I found at the Mo-church.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: April 19, 2018 03:41PM

Hate the organization at the highest level because it is corrupt and led by corrupted leadership. But since I was once a member, and feel where they are coming from, I must say I feel mainly pity for the members who are trapped in that brainwashed mentality.

Posted by: Justin ( )
Date: April 19, 2018 03:53PM

The local members are fine. By and large the BYU professors are no problem. Sometimes the local authorities can be overbearing, but generally they are just stuck doing work that fell in their laps. I have no use for the SLC hierarchy. I would probably be a 7 love overall. I don't hate them. Even the SLC hierarchy is simply playing a role they may have been forced to accept out of social tradition.

Posted by: quatermass2 ( )
Date: April 19, 2018 06:13PM

> Even the SLC hierarchy is simply playing a role
> they may have been forced to accept out of social
> tradition.

That is perilously close to a Nuremberg Defense; they were only following traditions.

(substitute the word "orders" for "traditions" and you get the point).

Posted by: dogblogger ( )
Date: April 19, 2018 04:35PM

I don't love them but I don't have time or space in my life for hate either. Let them be, they're dwindling fine on their own

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: April 19, 2018 04:47PM

From 1-10 ?

For duped members: <1
For bishops: >6
Stake presidents: >7
Missionaries: 0
Mission presidents: 10
Nelson asking for money in Africa: > 397

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 20, 2018 01:55AM

Well done, Kathleen! I'm sure I'm not the only one who began reading your list with a serious attitude, only to have a good laugh break through with the last item!!

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: April 20, 2018 01:57AM

I'm not much of a hater, but I would love to tickle the church with the funny truths they try to hide, until it was laughing so much it peed its garment bottoms.

Posted by: ExAmmon ( )
Date: April 20, 2018 07:15AM

Thank you for this. My mission president was truly awful.

Posted by: TheHumanLeague ( )
Date: April 19, 2018 06:22PM

Its not a "Hate" but a "Resentment" in my World.
Its phony. Its fake. Its a BAD joke in 2018.

Mormonism is so INSANE...in so many ways/so many
circumstances. The entire "LDS" is a warped ideal
that leads so many folks into oblivion.

The very sad thing: Once your hooked into their
World its nearly impossible to get out of it. SAD!

Posted by: quidprostatusquo ( )
Date: April 19, 2018 07:21PM

I'm almost at 5 which would be the ideal rating. Equanimity.

Posted by: zenjamin ( )
Date: April 19, 2018 10:19PM

zero/zero. No hate no love. Could care less.

Stick around because I'm a psychopath. It's entertaining watching the corporation serially impale itself.
Like watching Hindenburg at Lakehurst https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jH-mhZLuGRk

But - what drives the question, that's what's interesting

Posted by: unbelievable2 ( )
Date: April 19, 2018 10:45PM

10. I feel absolute hate for the cult. They damaged my life in more ways that I could count. A complete waste. I am happy to close this nightmare chapter of my life.

Posted by: abby ( )
Date: April 19, 2018 11:09PM

The upper leadership; 10. The gullible members? Around a one or two. I used to be like them. I can't judge too harshly.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: April 19, 2018 11:44PM

I love the believer but hate the belief. It's easy to destroy almost anyone's mormon testimony once you know how (I am pretty good at it). But it is usually an empty victory because the person usually ends up freightened and without direction when they realize that you are right and that the church is an obvious fraud. So it's kind of like the Matrix (the movie). You shouldn't unplug someone - free a mind as Morpheous says - from the matrix, until they are ready.

Posted by: alsd ( )
Date: April 20, 2018 03:53AM

5. Unlike others on here I actually have some good memories from my time in the church. There are many people, including my family, who I admire and care for who are still TBMs. But I have just reached the point where I can no longer believe it (or any religion for that matter). Once I no longer believed, a lot of it just looks silly, but some parts can look quite sinister too.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: April 20, 2018 04:15AM

The Mormon Church is an abusive, devious, and degrading cult, plain and simple and obvious in my eyes. It controls members' behaviors, information, thought and emotions by lying and bullying to bolster its own position, power and finances.

Those in control who knowingly carry on this abuse to other human beings are the scum of the earth. I personally cannot fathom anyone in high leadership positions not realizing they are lying and bullying. Rather, I believe they must have items on their shelves which they have chose to ignore and even belittle in order for them to bask and brag from the prestige, the greed, and the power they feel they get by controlling the MormonCult.

So....I give the leaders of the cult a 10+ for their abuse and intense harm to others, especially, especially the children, the widows, and the poor. And, rather than using the word hate, I prefer to use instead, "extremely detest and have total lack of respect" for the MormonCult.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2018 04:34AM by presleynfactsrock.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: April 20, 2018 07:41AM

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: April 20, 2018 10:25AM

I have ZERO tolerance for the Mormon church. I don't think of it as hate. I think of it as disgust as I watch the damage it does to so many and continually gets a pass, because, hey, this is America and hey, hands off religion! Religion gets Carte Blanche here pretty much.

Posted by: Now a Gentile ( )
Date: April 20, 2018 10:55AM

I am like some here, mostly apathetic towards the morg now. I used to hate them but then I came to the conclusion that through the hate, the morg was still controlling me. Once that settled in, I strive to be emotionless about them. I know I will never forget about them but I hope to be totally unconcerned about them.

Posted by: Chica ( )
Date: April 20, 2018 12:45PM

I want to only feel apathy for TSCC, but the fact that I'm on this page means I'm not there, yet.

I have a very strong dislike of religion in general. I think religions, overall, do more harm than good.

I rate TSCC as more of a business-cult than a religion, which I dislike even more than religion.

I think the majority of Mormons are good people with good intentions. They're just gullible and naive. I think the top Mormon leaders are power-hungry egotistical pricks.

I think TSCC has some very harmful policies/teachings.

The longer I'm away, the closer to apathy I feel, and I start to think I'm almost free.

And then Nelson and his minions go to Africa to promote a new temple and to tell them they don't need to buy their brides, but they do need to buy their temple recommends by paying tithing.

And the anger towards the one true cult and its leaders resurfaces.

I very much dislike religion, especially one specific business-cult pretending to be a religion.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: April 20, 2018 04:27PM

Well said. "And then Nelson and his minions go to Africa to promote a new temple and to tell them they don't need to buy their brides, but they do need to buy their temple recommends by paying tithing". Shows how much arrogance he has and complete lack of any attempt to gain insight into another culture.

How steaming would Nelson be if someone from where he was visiting said to him, "No bride money for Wendy?---Crazy that you married someone not worth anything."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2018 04:28PM by presleynfactsrock.

Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: April 23, 2018 05:50PM

koriwhore Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> n/t

I'd be a 5.5 more dislike intensely. I hate to be on the side of hate more than love, but I have limits.
My love stops with abusers.
Once an abuser, always an abuser.
If it were up to me we'd line abusers all up against a wall and execute every last one of them, salt the Earth where they were born so it doesn't grow anything like it again.
But not all Mormons are abusers. Most I know are good people, despite the lying con men at the top and despite singing praises to a pedophile.

Posted by: The Voice of Reason ( )
Date: April 24, 2018 02:07AM

10 for hate. It took away everything that was important to me.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: April 24, 2018 05:11AM

Love is zero degrees Kelvin, and hate is supernova level heat.

Posted by: lazylizard ( )
Date: April 24, 2018 09:48PM

For me, it's a bit complicated. I have love for those faithful members who have NO IDEA they are being scammed, but once they start making those covenants (after eight. At eight you hardly know wtf you're doing) I get a little leery. I guess I feel for them out of pity?

Temple workers, and the higher ups, I get a bit furious.

I must confess I am hella cautious towards the elderly generation - specifically the men due to being sexually assaulted by one. It happened at a non-church setting, though.
He wasn't a family member either, some mofo who wanted his jollies and saw the opportunity. Unfortunately he assaulted my sister as well, and I was never taught what to do in those situations. I felt helpless.

The b**ch is dead now.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: April 24, 2018 10:57PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.