Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: stormy's one and only ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 01:53AM

My confirmation was sat at the Cathedral...all adults with the Bishop, a real one presiding. Stormy was my sponsor. The boys were there. No one else. Certainly no one from out west.

Storm had her hand on my shoulder throughout the sacrament. It was reassuring to feel her hand. One of the deacons wanted to do it but storm said no, I will do it. He knew better than to argue. First Communion followed the confirmation, already did first confession which is difficult when you aren't use to it but great when you're done.

We went home changed clothes and went swimming. then later cleaned up and just the four of us went out to dinner. My Mom called later since she knew what was happened and actually said, though she wished I was still Mormon, she was happy that I was happy. Big break through, she didn't cry or sniffle.

This event clears the road for storm and I to be married sacramentally in the Catholic Church.

It's been a long road out of Mormonism. Looking back, I can see the complete indocrination starting from when we first go to Primary. It never stops, it keeps going on, no wonder Mormons can't see anything else. It's so ingrained from we're little ones. You never have time to think or learn anything else.

Some times I think guys have it easier. Not so much perfection expected but then again maybe not. There's that stupid time wasting mission, the feeling of superiority they confer on males at each step. No time to think about anything.

Storm taught me that. Stop and look around what do you see? It took a divorce and losing her before I looked around and found my out. What a waste of time being a Mormon was for me. It caused a lot of hurt. I resent it for that reason.

But with a smile and a light heart and storm by me, I gladly became a Catholic. It felt like it was where I suppose to be for many years but didn't know it. Even though there are things about the Catholic Church worthy of criticism but no one forces it on you and believe not one Catholic ever knocked on my door saying they are the true church, oh yes no profits..

Our boys were extremely happy. They felt important because they could tell me all sorts of things they were sure I didn't know. And they were only family with us.

Storm has been so steadfast, I absolutely know I don't deserve her but I'm so happy and lucky she gave us another chance.

Jake

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: deb ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 01:57AM

Jake, that is fantastic. For you and your family. I'm so very happy for all of you..... I know the children are so excited to have their mom and dad back in the fold. This is just beautiful. Wish I could've been there.

Posted by: bona dea ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 01:58AM

Congratulations.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 02:23AM

Great! Well done to all of you in your family.

Posted by: motherwhoknows ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 02:34AM

The cult destroys a lot of families. It almost came between me and my children.

Thank you. I love to hear success stories like yours. Thank you, too, Stormy.

Posted by: AIC ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 02:44AM

Yes remember that before you join another cult!

:D :D :D!

Just joking ya feel me!

Posted by: LongTimegone ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 11:10AM

To AIC:
Ya mean like the cult of BAC's?

Just kiddin', AIC. Ya feel me?

Kidding aside, I'm not sure I understand how you can dog on someone else's choice of religion while demanding respect (or, at least, demanding that others not disparage your choice) for your own religious beliefs.

I'm agnostic, but if being baptized Catholic is the right choice for Jake and Stormy, I wish them happiness.

Congratulations, Jake! I am another one rooting for you and Stormy.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2011 11:36AM by LongTimegone.

Date: June 07, 2011 12:07PM

I am not dogging...

It's a joke on their story...he was in a cult [Morgdom]

Morgdom ruined their married life.

Then they broke up.

Then they got back together again.

Now he is Catholic.

SO now that he has been thro the ringer, I advise him not to join another cult [so his marriage is not ruined]

Its not about religion....goodness it is a joke, making light of all the pain they have been through because of a stupid cult!

Have you not been following the story?

I didn't dog him out.

I was Catholic and goodness I'd go back in a heart beat.

YIKES!

Date: June 07, 2011 12:07PM

What is BAC's????

Timmy don't hate...

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 12:12PM

Date: June 07, 2011 12:13PM

Ohhhhh!

Tehehehehehehehe

Yes I feel you!

Date: June 07, 2011 12:14PM

Ha ha ha ha ha!

I hope you see my explanation.

I am not dogging the chap.

I am happy for him and his reconciliation with a loved one.

It is a success story like none other!

I feel you!

Posted by: Skunk Puppet ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 03:01AM

The name of the saint you chose is not a super, sacred secret like the Mormon temple name, but you already know that!

Posted by: Storms one and only x ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 11:22AM

Confirmation name is Michael..so now I am Jacob Matthew Michael.

Jake

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 06:27AM

I'm glad that your mom took it well. She is showing real growth.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 07:22AM

summer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm glad that your mom took it well. She is
> showing real growth.

Mormons rarely ***really*** take things well. Though they do put on a good front.

Yet they often bite later.

Posted by: nwmcare ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 10:49AM

Ascension Sunday--great weekend to begin anew! Congratulations and best wishes to you and yours!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2011 10:49AM by nwmcare.

Posted by: Rebeckah ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 11:16AM

May this be the start of a joyous and fulfilled life for you and yours. :)

Posted by: wine country girl ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 11:30AM

I've learned a lot from yours and Storm's threads. Nothin' but hope and happiness for you all.

Posted by: laluna ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 11:34AM

congrats from a fellow Catholic! You guys should look into getting a reality show. Maybe something on EWTN or BYU :)

Posted by: exmowife ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 12:03PM

Keep your faith behind closed doors; public rants are dissuaded & TV is about as public as you can get! I like your keeping things simple and private with just family around. But know that there is a large congregation to draw from should you need.

Congratulations and bless you all, from another Catholic. :)

Posted by: Stormy ( )
Date: June 08, 2011 01:16AM

No reality shows..I cringe at Maury...like how can those people say that, do that, on national tv? I have no idea.

But then the naughty girl says..what about his Mom in the reality show? So I stuff that side away.

Religion and politics ruin things...I'm actually a private person. I came to this board to learn why Mormons behave as they do and do the things they do. I was super hurt by it all and was trying to understand. And your posts always helped..this board is fanastic. It kept me sane for a long time as I wondered WTH happened? What did I do wrong? Now I know, nothing. Brent says when he's not quite sure about something...I think it's mirrors. He just may be right.

stormy

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 01:02PM

I'm glad you've found what makes you happy too. Congratulations. :o)

Posted by: bignevermo ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 01:46PM

instead of a deacon.... and the little jab at the Bishop reference!! :) and ya dont mean Joey Bishop either! gotta be OLD for that reference!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2011 01:47PM by bignevermo.

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: June 07, 2011 03:28PM

The Catholics have better music and better paintings.

And they let you ignore old doctrines you don't like.

Congrats.

Date: June 08, 2011 01:21AM

Most Catholics do a good job of ignoring things they don't like. You just ignore and keep your mouth shut. Ah yes confession...never in public...no one knows in your parish..

And yep the paintings and sculptures are better...but then many famous paintings of Jesus and pleasing ones are by Mormon artists..go figure.

Thank you to everyone..couldn't of been this far without all of you..

stormy

Most Catholics do a good job of ignoring things they don't like. You just ignore and keep your mouth shut. Ah yes confession...never in public...no one knows in your parish..

And yep the paintings and sculptures are better...but then many famous paintings of Jesus and pleasing ones are by Mormon artists..go figure.

stormy

stormy

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.