Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dunno ( )
Date: April 23, 2018 04:10PM

I saw two co-workers come out of one of their cars at lunch the other day. Both married, both with kids. I’m a bit suspicious that they are more than co-workers. Do I say anything?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: East Coast Exmo ( )
Date: April 23, 2018 04:13PM

No, it's none of your business.

Posted by: A Citizen ( )
Date: April 23, 2018 04:16PM

Is it really any of your business, or are you running for Bishop or Relief Society President?

Stay out of it.

Posted by: Richard the Bad ( )
Date: April 23, 2018 04:24PM

I agree, stay out of it. BTW, I go out to lunch or dinner with my female coworkers all the time. Guess what we do? We eat food and BS just like we do with any of our other friends or coworkers.

Posted by: Jonny the Smoke ( )
Date: April 23, 2018 04:25PM

Say what to who?

Coworkers of the opposite sex who are married do sometimes go to lunch without anything else going on but lunch. Done it myself a few times.

Many years ago, I worked with guy and gal that were having an affair. I did say something to my boss, but only after it became an issue during the work day. They would disappear for 20 - 30 minutes, turn off their cell phones and then were not getting the escalation calls to go out and support production when something was wrong and needed fixing. That meant I had to cover for them and after a while, I got tired of it.

Posted by: gettinreal ( )
Date: April 23, 2018 04:35PM

Co-workers of opposite sex are perfectly capable of having a professional lunch together without it turning into something unprofessional.
No, it’s none of your business. All you would be doing is spreading rumors and THAT is unprofessional.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: April 23, 2018 04:37PM

There's a reason they're called "suspicions" instead of "facts."
It's because those two things aren't the same.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: April 23, 2018 04:49PM

It is none of your business. To say anything is demeaning gossip

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: April 23, 2018 04:58PM

There's nothing you can do about it, anyway.

If you found out, someone else will also find out. If there's an affair, the spouses might already know. Some married people choose to overlook infidelity, and stay together for the kids.

My husband cheated on me for quite a while, with various women, until I finally found out (when he ran away to go live with one of his women).

It would depress me to observe adultery in others. I would want to do something, just ease my own pain. Maybe cure your own uneasiness, and leave them each an anonymous note, that you saw them together, and where, and that it looked bad, and that you do NOT want to see that again, in the future.

Don't go any deeper than that.

Posted by: Dunno ( )
Date: April 23, 2018 05:15PM

I plan to stay out of it. Thanks. I should clarify that they did not drive anywhere to go to lunch. I park right next to the car in question. I needed something from my car and then decided to go on a short walk. Not even 10 min later I was nearing my car and saw them walking back to the building

I realize that I don’t actually know what happened. Just don’t want you to think I’m paranoid cause I saw them coming out of a car at lunch.

Regardless, I agree that it is none of my business. Thanks

Posted by: beardedatBYU ( )
Date: April 23, 2018 05:16PM

Unless it personally impacts you or your work it's absolutely none of your business.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: April 23, 2018 07:02PM

Butt out.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.