Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: April 24, 2018 03:38PM

Hi Bob,
Thank you for your interest in chatting with a member of the Church. What would you like to talk about?

A representative will join the chat once you send a message.

Bob 9:23 AM
I have a few questions for Mormon representatives.

Jacqueline 9:23 AM
Hi Bob! My name is Jacqueline. How can I help you?:)

Bob 9:23 AM
Why did Mormons exclude Blacks from the temple prior to 1978 if you don't need the priesthood to get into the temple?
Since women have always entered w/o the priesthood.

Jacqueline 9:25 AM
I could be totally wrong but in part from what I have heard it is because at the time since racism was so awful, and the church actually doesn't believe in slavery at all and so if you were of another race and joined you would be free. But for those in the south, that angered them even more, and so at the time it was more dangerous for their well-being to be openly apart of the church than to not

Bob 9:30 AM
That doesn't make any sense at all. So the Prophet thought it was more important to placate Southern Racists than it was to keep the commandment to love our fellow men as ourselves?

Jacqueline 9:31 AM
I know you are talking more about the temples but this website https://www.lds.org/topics/race-and-the-priesthood?lang=eng has more on the matter

Jacqueline 9:31 AM
Like I said, I could be wrong on my answer, because I am not completely sure

Bob 9:31 AM
Doesn't Christ's main commandment take precedence over the backwards attitudes of Southern racists?
You make it sound like the Prophet is just a politician playing to his racist base, instead of an actual Prophet.

Jacqueline 9:32 AM
I really apologize because I was not trying to make the prophet sound like a politician.

Bob 9:33 AM
Following Christ. How could a Prophet be a real Prophet if he violated Christ's main commandment to love our fellow men as ourselves by discriminating against an entire race of people based soley upon their skin color, to get White Southern approval?

Jacqueline 9:34 AM
I know that what the prophet tells us is directly from God and so even if I don't know the exact reasoning of God, I follow what he says

Bob 9:34 AM
Also. I got my DNA tested and it came back 2.8% Neanderthal, which is about average for a Eurasian. How is that possible if we all came from Adam and Eve 6,000 years ago in the Garden of Eden, when Neanderthals went extinct 35,000 years ago?

The Chat Session has ended

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: April 24, 2018 07:03PM

I like how she just made up something on the fly (first answer), 'cause she thought it sounded "nicer" than simply being racist.

Even though it's completely false and clearly made up on the fly.

And then tries to play off that it doesn't matter that she just made up some complete bullshit -- that doesn't matter! It's all true anyway!

Sigh.

Date: April 25, 2018 04:56PM

There is no excuse for blatant racism.
I guess if I was still Mormon and thought about it I'd say it doesn't matter because we're not racist anymore. Sure some old guys in the past were just because they were products of a really racist era, but we can't judge them by today's social standards now can we?

But that's total bullshit, since Abraham Lincoln was Brigham Young's contemporary and he ended slavery and he didn't claim to represent Jesus. Brigham did. So did Joseph and the shit he penned was as racist AF! No getting around it. There are no more racist scriptures than the BoM or PoGP, unless you call Mein Kampf scripture.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: April 24, 2018 07:33PM

It would be great if they would admit that their profit used to be racist, but now it doesn't matter because the current profit only hates gays.

Good mormon logic.

Date: April 25, 2018 04:58PM

messygoop Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It would be great if they would admit that their
> profit used to be racist, but now it doesn't
> matter because the current profit only hates
> gays.
>
> Good mormon logic.

When you've sworn to take a suicidal oath to commit hairy carey if you speak evil of the Lord's Annointed, that means all of them, even the abusive ones, no matter how obvious it is that they were no better than Warren Jeffs, in the TBM mind, they love Joseph Smith as much as the guys singing praises to Warren Jeffs.

Posted by: severedpuppetstrings ( )
Date: April 24, 2018 09:01PM

How, their "reasoning" or justifications get more and more ridiculous! We didn't want to piss our [racist] southern brethren so we kept the preisthood ban to protect Black people.

No matter how much I try to make sense of it, I just can't.

Troll on koriwhore...troll on...
:-)

Maybe I'll join you in trolling the Mormon.org chats! :-D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2018 09:02PM by severedpuppetstrings.

Date: April 26, 2018 03:24PM

severedpuppetstrings Wrote:
> How, their "reasoning" or justifications get more
> and more ridiculous! We didn't want to piss our
> southern brethren so we kept the preisthood ban to
> protect Black people.
>
> No matter how much I try to make sense of it, I
> just can't.
>
>
> Troll on koriwhore...troll on...
> :-)
>
> Maybe I'll join you in trolling the Mormon.org
> chats! :-D

They try to make racism seem like a virtue, as if they cared so much about Blacks that discriminating against them was for their own good.When it was the exact opposite.

Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: April 26, 2018 10:33PM

Haha and typical missionaries! I follow the prophet! Muslims do also! And Jehovah's witnesses think everyone is going to die except them! They are a hate group and now hate gays!

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: April 27, 2018 12:20AM

They can't answer because they don't know.

Simple as that!

M@t

Date: April 27, 2018 04:35PM

moremany Wrote:
> They can't answer because they don't know.
>
> Simple as that!
>
> M@t
Ignorance is a deliberate choice 20yrs into the Google age.
They don't know because their leaders designed the deception that way. They made independent thought seem like a sin. If the PRofit said it, they believe it.
Since a PRofit did say exactly why they chose to discriminate in their racist scriptures they lie.
They pretend JS and BY were angelic and perfect and it was society that was evil, contrary to society that produced Abe Lincoln, Bring'em Young's contemporary.
MORmONS lie through their GD teeth to avoid admitted JS was a pedderast and Bring'em Young was a rapist and a racist.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2018 05:01PM by koriwhore.

Posted by: TheHumanLeague ( )
Date: April 27, 2018 11:44AM

The deception continues: Its their ONLY answer.
They CANT admit the truth. They CANT accept the truth.

The entire Business of LDS is built on LIE after LIE.
It reminds me when someone pisses off someone else, in
a conversation, then says "I was just joking"...Yeah right.

Date: April 28, 2018 06:09PM

TheHumanLeague Wrote:
> The deception continues: Its their ONLY answer.
> They CANT admit the truth. They CANT accept the
> truth.
>
> The entire Business of LDS is built on LIE after
> LIE.
> It reminds me when someone pisses off someone
> else, in
> a conversation, then says "I was just
> joking"...Yeah right.

What pisses me off is them pretending that blatant Mormon racism was out of concern for black people. I would love to have somebody explain to me why blacks were excluded from tge temple prior to 1978 when you dont need the Priesthood to enter a temple.

Posted by: carameldreams ( )
Date: April 27, 2018 08:33PM

I loved this! If it’s not too much exasperation, koriwhore, I would love to read future excerpts!

You, too, crszyhorse’

Ever thankful I do not know anyone like this Jacqueline irl.

Posted by: Southern ExMo ( )
Date: April 28, 2018 12:23AM

I was in college when the profit finally changed the racist policies of TSCC. I am born and raised LD$, and was TBM back in those days.

I was also a very liberal minded sociology major in college, and accused of being a "N-word lover" by my Bishop, because of how vocal I was about the policy in the years before it changed.

I can tell you that many GOOD people -- non-racist TBMs, honestly -- did not approve of the policy, but they did not want to make waves. So they were quiet about it.

Other TBMs disassociated themselves totally from the issue. Just tried to pretend it wasn't there. Hoping that by pretending it wasn't there, they didn't have to ask poignant questions like the ones Bob asked in the OP.

Then, you had the racist folks. The ones that gave me a hard time. The ones that said if I'd do what God wanted -- that is, get married to a good RM, get pregnant, and start the baby production line up -- that I wouldn't be "deceived" into questioning the LD$ doctrine concerning blacks and the priesthood. I even had one Bishop call me a "N-word lover," suggesting that marriage and pregnancy might cure me of that.

There was a mix, back then. Not all church members supported the racist policies of the church.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: April 28, 2018 07:12PM

My Fav:

your guy was found to be a charlatan just before his 'revelations', why would God choose him to be a prophet?

Then, he 'married' the wives of men he'd sent away on missions?

Is it true he tried to sell the copyright for the BoM in Canada?

Posted by: Honest TBM ( )
Date: April 28, 2018 09:04PM

The anti-Mormons are wrong to claim that Mormonism gave up racism in 1978. Those anti-Mormons need to read the Book of Mormon if they want to know the truth on this topic.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: April 28, 2018 09:45PM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.