Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anon the Great ( )
Date: April 24, 2018 11:25PM

I am sorry. Please forgive me. I don't know why my initial thread was deleted about finding the author of a book about the origins of Mormonism. I don't mind at all, and I apologize to the moderators for being ignorant about the rules. Should I not go to the other board and ask the same question? Please let me know so I won't bother anyone. It's kind of humiliating to get nuked but not knowing why, and I don't want it do happen again. Did you want to provide my email or something? You said it was optional, so I didn't think it mattered. I don't know. Thanks.

You don't have to answer my questions if you don't want to. If you delete this post too I will just leave without any hurt feelings, but just curiosity for the behavior. Thanks. This is just one board of many different places I've looked for Greg Olson.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: April 24, 2018 11:30PM

No one is allowed to proselytize on this board, and according to your post, you were seeking this information in connection with a religion you said you have created (which is somehow both anti-Semitic, at least in part--and also political, at least in part, both of which violate the rules of RfM).

Once you mention your religious and/or political views in the particular context you posted about, you are over the line.

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: April 24, 2018 11:45PM

Anon the Great:

The link is not allowed, because it is a proselytizing site, and is not allowed on RfM.

Date: April 25, 2018 12:07AM

Thank you. Now I understand. Except, I have no interest in NCCG, and I'm dying to know why Greg Olson was excommunicated from the nccg church but his book is still kept on the site. I would not be surprised if Greg Olson didn't asked to have his book taken down after he butted heads with the leader of nccg and was excommunicated, but perhaps nccg refused because the middle of the book says how great the nccg leader is and Greg was baptized, so that is why it is probably kept on the website. I have no interest in nccg. Mr. Olson's book is so different than the rest of the nccg site. I want to know what happened. Sorry.

I have no problem with you removing the link. but I don't know how to link to the interesting book without linking to the nccg site. I first tried looking for Greg Olson's book all over the internet, but I can't find it anywhere else. I gave up and finally had to link to nccg. Sorry. The nccg is a very weird site, so I can definitely understand why you deleted the link. However, Greg Olson's book is very different. He probably complained about something that was not rational and got excommunicated. That is my assumption. Unlike the rest off the nccg website, his book is very rational and that is why I am trying to find him.

Maybe his book is published somewhere else, but I couldn't find it. Does anyone know?

Since it is such a unique view of the origins of Mormonism, I figured someone would know what happened that was here 18 years ago.

Date: April 25, 2018 12:53AM

Finally, if I never find Greg Olson, then I will have to assume he wrote the book and gave the originals to nccg trusting the nccg leader. When he was excommunicated, perhaps he was not given back the original files, and that is why it is not published anywhere else. nccg believes Jesus appeared to Joseph Smith and then was later deceived by the fallen sons of God (also called fallen angels) who created the Nephilim children. See the NIV translation of the Bible. It is mind blowing if you are a Mormon. Note the word Nephi. "lim" makes Nephi plural in Hebrew (Gen 6:1-6). The nccg view is a bunch of irrational logic. If the sons of God appeared to Joseph Smith in the end and taught him false ideas about the Bible, then a fallen son of God also appeared to him in 1820 as well, and it was not Jesus Christ or God.

If this is true, then Lucifer has a glorified body, and the lie that Lucifer is a spirit was to deceive the Mormons. Of course, the handshake method of detecting the devil was given to Joseph Smith so the fallen angels could deceive Mormons because they all have physical tangible bodies. See how rational things like a handshake to discern the devil suddenly becomes very rational to deceive the Mormons? (D&C 129)

Because they are sons of God, they are full of emotional love, but lie about who God is and where God came from. So the experience of Oliver Cowdrey explains how much love he felt in the presence of a fallen angel who pretended to be John the Baptist. But they are liars. Just like humans can love other humans, and we can feel it, loving humans can also tell lies.

If my assumption is correct and Greg Olson changed his mind and refused to believe Jesus Christ or God ever appeared to Joseph Smith, that would explain his excommunication as well as why I can't find the book anywhere else. But I can't confirm that theory/assumption is true without talking to Greg Olson. His book is very interesting and rational to explain the origins of Mormonism. Too bad it is in the middle of the nccg shit.

By the way, Clare Gregory the author is Greg Olson.

Date: April 25, 2018 12:56AM

See how *irrational* things like a handshake to discern the devil suddenly becomes very rational to deceive the Mormons? (D&C 129)

Sorry for the typo.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.