Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: April 29, 2018 08:52AM

Good Morning Ya'll! It is another beautiful morning here in Eastern NC. I am going to be having an incredibily busy day today between church, homework and packing. Right now though I am sitting on my butt eating my oatmeal and drinking some milk.

I got the usual church and Sunday School this morning but then I get to come back and finish packing and try to do some homework before going back to church for a 5th Sunday singing then I get to come home and get ready for tomorrow which will be another crazy busy day as I have school, work and then come home and move my stuff over to my new place.

So, my question is, What is everyone else doing today!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: April 29, 2018 09:19AM

Hi Kativicky,

Happy Sunday to you.

Will check back in later. Still waking up.

Cheerio! Have a good one. Best wishes on your new move.

Posted by: TheHumanLeague ( )
Date: April 29, 2018 09:19AM

Just being GLAD I aint in some "Ward" somewhere
watching the Circus for 3 hours or more? Nothing
WORSE than little kids going up to the mic, to say
"I know the Church is true". Thats so sick.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: April 29, 2018 11:13AM

Sleeping in....then COFFEE!...then going to see my granddaughters dance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2018 11:14AM by Lethbridge Reprobate.

Posted by: severedpuppetstrings ( )
Date: April 29, 2018 11:33AM

Relaxation. Then yoga. Then laundry.
And preparing for my San Francisco trip later this week since I'm nowhere near ready.

Have a great day everyone!

Posted by: Journey (Not logged in) ( )
Date: April 29, 2018 11:45AM

I decided to ditch the Keurig because I'm such a big coffee drinker and all the little plastic cups bothered me. This morning I unpacked the new 12 cup drip machine I just bought and am waiting for the first pot. I should never have gotten rid of my old coffee maker.

I'm a fan of Don Francisco's Kona blend.

Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: April 29, 2018 04:18PM

Watching the Washington Capitals and Pittsburgh Penguins game. Go Caps!!

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: April 29, 2018 04:40PM

Our entire yard is full of pink and white blossoms, and yellow daffodils. The deer ate all the tulips. I'm eating lunch, and watching the birds out the window, with my cat.

Later, my children and grandchildren are coming over for a barbecue, and to play in the playhouse, swing set, sand box, and roller coaster, and of course baseball.

It is such a contrast to Mormon Sundays, which I dreaded. Church took so much preparation, and left me in such despair, that I would have to go to bed, in a darkened room, and pull the covers over my head, until the depression passed. Then, I would recover, and order a pizza for the kids. NOT cooking Sunday dinner was my rebellion, in those days. Now, I laugh so much on Sundays, and I love being with my family so much, that Sunday is a happy day. Saturdays are better, too. We do more on the weekends, than before, and are closer as a family, since we all resigned together.

Good luck with your move, Kativickie!

Have fun in San Francisco, Severedpuppetstrings!

Yeah, I still use my old coffee maker, and a large mug. Those fancy systems are too expensive, and too complicated for just one or two cups. Drink up!

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: April 29, 2018 06:53PM

As little,
As big, and
As between
As possible

Not much homemaking, or breaking
Just a little organizing

I just scratched my head
And nothing came up

I guess we'll see
I must have to pee

I've eaten and had coffee.
Now I'm relaxing. Inspiration. Laziness. Taking stock. Stretching. Napping?

I'll do something big, small, good, or bad, today... if I haven't already.

M@t

Date: April 29, 2018 08:00PM

I watched Fiddler on the Roof from start to finish. One of my high schools (Ogden, Utah) performed the stage play when I was a junior, so I suffered through that watching Mormons playing Jews.

This is so much better than that was, by far. Thanks Turner Classic Movies. One of the very few cable channels that is commercial free. :)

Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: April 30, 2018 04:55PM

I love that movie! I do hate the long credit part in the beginning and the long intermission.
It was sad how he disowned the daughter who married the Russian Orthodox guy. He was very sweet and nice , treated her well.
At least he made up with her at the end when they were all leaving their village , after being kicked out.
Sad that they picked Kraków, Poland though, hope they got out of there too, before it was too late.
I’m just glad the oldest girl got out of marrying that butcher guy .
That fake dream scene that Tevye made up to convince his wife that it’d be dangerous if she married the butcher was funny.
I didn’t like the Starskey and Hutch guy that the middle daughter liked.
I liked the Russian dance scene and the Wedding dance scenes.
I never saw the play, but I heard that the constable who was sympathetic in the movie , was brutal in the play

Date: April 30, 2018 05:32PM

That fake dream cracked me up too, lol.

Tevye was more like a brother to the butcher than a FIL. Two old geezers playing matchmaker. Tzeitl married well nonetheless.

All the girls did actually. I knew that guy looked familiar (Starskey and Hutch actor.) Was happy for the family they were able to immigrate to America.

The movie is nearly as old as I am. 47 years old and counting. And timeless .... ;-)

The high school play would have paled next to the Broadway version. The LDS kids really tried their best I'm sure. Only the most popular kids performed in the plays and musicals at that high school, so there was an air of arrogance to the whole production. It was the "Mormon clique" thing ongoing at that high school that was one reason I was really glad to move away for my senior year to somewhere I fit in for a change ie, Palo Alto, CA.

The Jewish presence was lacking in the stage production, unlike the movie version. :)

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: April 29, 2018 09:44PM

Hanging out with my son, his wife and my grandson in Lima, Peru, waiting for the arrival of grandson number two,expected this week :-D

Tom in Lima

Date: April 29, 2018 10:52PM

How exciting! Congrats!

Posted by: Moe Howard ( )
Date: April 30, 2018 04:49PM

I'm in Bordeaux, France drinking wine.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.