Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Journeyman ( )
Date: May 04, 2018 12:43PM

Last night our DD was watching YouTube about RMN’s 11-day “World Ministry” tour. The camera’s showed people crying and proclaiming their testimonies of the presence of the Spirit.

Holland was with him and declared that RMN was “God’s Prophet to the World”, as though every administrative decision in the Church was prophetic and revelatory. We know there is no “prophecy to the world” in any way otherwise.

It was sad to see how deceived the flock can be when they cry tears of joy as though they were in the presence of deity. How pathetically misguided and deliberately deceived by the Church leadership.

It’s really hard to believe now that I was once part of this deluded and deceptive cult.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: May 04, 2018 01:01PM

God’s prophet to the world is doing a shitty job prophesying.

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: May 05, 2018 08:50AM

He either ran from the ongoing, yet heated up conflict in Syria, or didn't know that the shit was going to hit the fan. Either way, not signs of a prophet

Posted by: edzachery ( )
Date: May 05, 2018 09:53AM

BONER!!! You are speaking truth, my friend! -edz

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: May 04, 2018 01:14PM

Oh, the incredible arrogance!

I wonder if the older Mormons can see this happening--all these changes away from Christ, away from humility, away from unconditional Love, equating a man with God, throwing around the word "ministering"--this has got to have some impact on the wiser Mormons, right?

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: May 04, 2018 01:17PM

Just what "the world" needs--more psychopath leaders.

Money, business, and temples/real estate. That's what the world is supposed to worship?

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: May 04, 2018 01:27PM

I'm pissed that the "mormon newsroom" stuff about this trip keeps popping up on my FB page.

I was amused at the bit about India where they proudly reported that in a country of over a billion people there were 2,000 mormons--and they're going to build a temple!?

Now, where's that "block" button.

Or better yet, should I report it as...?

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: May 04, 2018 02:16PM

Offensive.

I report all the Mormon stuff they shove at me as offensive.

Posted by: kilgravmaga ( )
Date: May 05, 2018 03:09AM

Not directly related, but Building temples world-wide makes me wonder what they will say when one of them gets destroyed by an angry mob?

All the temples from this point out are supposed to stand until Jesus returns.

Posted by: lilburne ( )
Date: May 04, 2018 02:06PM

Religion is always about emotion and not about facts. Mormonism is totally dependent on that reality.

Problem is, many members love the delusion even when they know it is a delusion. It feels good to them and scratches that mortality and social structure itch until something sharp jars them awake - and that can come in the oddest of times and ways.

Religion is irrational. Mormonism makes a point of it being irrational - pray and feel the spirit and that feeling tells you it is true? How? How does a feeling confirm that a historic event is factual? Especially when that feeling occurs in circumstances where the questions are not remotely religious and even pertain to fiction like Will Lara Croft decipher the jewelled stone?

All these events are shared delusions.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: May 05, 2018 08:04AM

Show your DD videos of Rev Jim Jones or Marshal Applewhite and their weeping follows.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: May 05, 2018 08:08AM

Followers. Look at the eyes in cult promotional videos. Yay, the Mormon glow! Damn, I was one of those.

Posted by: perdition ( )
Date: May 05, 2018 06:26PM

Have they ever sold off meeting houses/chapels in unprofitable areas? I mean we know how much LDS Corp is involved in real estate.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: May 05, 2018 06:50PM

Yes

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: May 05, 2018 06:53PM

Cool how a group of men sit down and dictate to God who his
"Prophet to the World" is.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 06, 2018 01:37PM

What kind of job skills does one need in order to become a profit ?

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: May 07, 2018 01:34AM

Bullshitting and shaming.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: May 07, 2018 10:47AM

...and the ability to run a shadow corporation under the guise of "religion," keeping the financials secret so nobody knows the enormity of the scan you're running.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: May 06, 2018 01:47PM

He couldn't prophecy about his supper tonight.

M@t

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.