Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 06, 2018 12:28AM

Naked & Afraid.

"Reality" tv? I'm afraid NOT!

Yeah, it's me the Village Nudist, that show SUX.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: May 06, 2018 12:22PM

It's better than conference.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 06, 2018 03:36PM

Is that a recommendation?

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 06, 2018 04:40PM

so called "reality" shows in general suck.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: May 06, 2018 05:43PM

Two Broke Girls followed by every "reality" show currently on the sched.

Posted by: scmdnotloggedin ( )
Date: May 07, 2018 02:27AM

Lethbridge Reprobate Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Two Broke Girls followed by every "reality" show
> currently on the sched.

One of my nieces who visited in my home last weekend watches "Two Broke Girls." The program is indeed mind-numbing in its idiocy.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: May 06, 2018 05:46PM

The NFL or the NBA. Fixed games bother the hell out of me. But they got to make the most money possible, it's a business after all.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: May 06, 2018 06:20PM

I defy you to present any credible evidence (the key word here is “credible”-a link to a loony YouTube video doesn’t count) that any NFL game has been fixed.

Date: May 06, 2018 08:51PM

CrispingPin Wrote:
> I defy you to present any credible evidence (the
> key word here is “credible”-a link to a loony
> YouTube video doesn’t count) that any NFL game
> has been fixed.

Jesus, really? Referees admitting fixing games in the NBA. Just keep drinking the kool-aid my friend. Coach belichuk didn't even coach in the last super bowl and sat out his best defensive player the entire game. And that is just one example. Mostly its the referees though with the NFL. Just keep watching i don't want to ruin it for you, i really don't. I watched a lot of NFL and NBA games in my life and i know it's just a business with a million suckers just like the mormon church. Look at my posts from last year i predicted they would put the patriots in the super bowl again and they did. How the hell could i have known that before the season started. I just think what i would do as a business man and that's pretty much what they do. The suckers are the viewers in the end. I do watch mma though although there have been fixed fights. Almost anything that involves money and sports and betting has fixing.

Date: May 06, 2018 09:03PM

It sucks but it is the reality of things. I could never watch a sports game the same after figuring this out. Its like figuring out the mormon church is a cult or just a corporation. You never look at it the same again. If the refs are supposed to make a certain team win they will do everything to make that team win. It's a business with owners with grown men playing a child's game they will force the outcome they want. It's a part of growing up to see the con. I thought it was real too in my twenties but i had to grow up and realize i was being fooled yet again.

Date: May 06, 2018 09:22PM

I asked for credible evidence, and you produced zero, zip, zilch, nada. You have a bright future as a Mormon apologist.

One Mormon apologist tactic you used is starting with the NBA. I never mentioned the NBA. Daniel Peterson would be proud of your ability to bring up something unrelated to the argument and pretend you made some valid point.

You predicted the Patriots would win the Super Bowl the season before last. Wow, only several million people made that prediction. And how in the world does that show any evidence of fixing, in any way at all? BTW, who did you predict as the winner of Super Bowl LII? Once again, an apologist tactic: bring up something that’s factually true, but proves nothing, and pretend you’ve strengthened your case.

Fixing NFL games would require the cooperation of thousands of people, all of whom would have to keep their mouths’ shut. The NFL is a multi billion dollar industry that has everything to lose, and nothing to gain by fixing games.

Go back and read your response, you presented no evidence at all to back up your claim. You may FEEL that NFL games are fixed, but if you present your feelings, with no evidence, as if they are facts, you might as well be a TBM telling me that you know the BoM is true.

Date: May 06, 2018 09:37PM

CrispingPin Wrote:
> I asked for credible evidence, and you produced
> zero, zip, zilch, nada. You have a bright future
> as a Mormon apologist.
>
> One Mormon apologist tactic you used is starting
> with the NBA. I never mentioned the NBA. Daniel
> Peterson would be proud of your ability to bring
> up something unrelated to the argument and pretend
> you made some valid point.
>
> You predicted the Patriots would win the Super
> Bowl the season before last. Wow, only several
> million people made that prediction. And how in
> the world does that show any evidence of fixing,
> in any way at all? BTW, who did you predict as the
> winner of Super Bowl LII? Once again, an apologist
> tactic: bring up something that’s factually
> true, but proves nothing, and pretend you’ve
> strengthened your case.
>
> Fixing NFL games would require the cooperation of
> thousands of people, all of whom would have to
> keep their mouths’ shut. The NFL is a multi
> billion dollar industry that has everything to
> lose, and nothing to gain by fixing games.
>
> Go back and read your response, you presented no
> evidence at all to back up your claim. You may
> FEEL that NFL games are fixed, but if you present
> your feelings, with no evidence, as if they are
> facts, you might as well be a TBM telling me that
> you know the BoM is true.

Just keep watching, doesn't hurt me any. The world needs the brainwashed and i am dead serious. And by the way only a few need to be in on it, not many refs. Can't save people from the cult of the NFL. I know this very well. Get ready for the draft and fantasy football. FANTASY football. Any get ready for general conference, i mean the super bowl sorry. I'm guessing you are younger than me you'll figure out when your 80 years old probably.

Date: May 06, 2018 09:52PM

You still have not produced a single shred of evidence.

How would it benefit the NFL to fix games? A huge part of the NFL’s popularity is the fact that so much money is wagered on games. If there was any credible evidence of fixing games, all serious gamblers would abandon the sport, and they would also lose popularity with average fans who make friendly wagers. Like I said before, they have nothing to gain, and much to lose, by fixing games.

You have made an accusation in a public forum. If you have nothing to back it up, the decent thing to do would be to withdraw your statement.

I understand that being fooled in a very serious matter, the way you were by the LDS church, can make you determined to not be fooled again, but if you still come to conclusions based on feelings instead of evidence, you’re still thinking like a Mormon.

Date: May 06, 2018 10:04PM

CrispingPin Wrote:
> You still have not produced a single shred of
> evidence.
>
> How would it benefit the NFL to fix games? A huge
> part of the NFL’s popularity is the fact that so
> much money is wagered on games. If there was any
> credible evidence of fixing games, all serious
> gamblers would abandon the sport, and they would
> also lose popularity with average fans who make
> friendly wagers. Like I said before, they have
> nothing to gain, and much to lose, by fixing
> games.
>
> You have made an accusation in a public forum. If
> you have nothing to back it up, the decent thing
> to do would be to withdraw your statement.
>
> I understand that being fooled in a very serious
> matter, the way you were by the LDS church, can
> make you determined to not be fooled again, but if
> you still come to conclusions based on feelings
> instead of evidence, you’re still thinking like
> a Mormon.

I trust my sight not my feelings. You believe what you want i don't care. But if a ref admits to it like in the NBA don't come crying to me. I know what i have seen over a fifteen year period watching the NFL, i know when i am being deceived based on sight and just not with one instance. Something hasn't been right since at least the early 2000's. This is my opinion on what i have seen, not youtube videos. Especially the playoffs and super bowl in particular. Sorry i didn't record all these things in my mind for you. The steeler vs the cardinals super bowl was a fix without a doubt. It was the refs and nothing more.

Date: May 06, 2018 10:21PM

You could be right but with the history of different organizations in sports like the NBA it's not very likely. But you could be right, sometimes i think i am right when i could be wrong and i just battle anyways.

Date: May 06, 2018 10:36PM

Yeah, let’s just agree to disagree.

I thought the Steelers vs. the Cardinals was a fun game to watch, decided but an outstanding throw and an even better catch. But... I guess there were some people who didn’t see it that way. ;)

Date: May 06, 2018 10:56PM

CrispingPin Wrote:
> Yeah, let’s just agree to disagree.
>
> I thought the Steelers vs. the Cardinals was a fun
> game to watch, decided but an outstanding throw
> and an even better catch. But... I guess there
> were some people who didn’t see it that way. ;)

I absolutely hated watching that 4th quarter. I called it and said they are going to take this away from the cardinals and its going to be a travesty and that's exactly what happened. Oh well, agree to disagree like you said.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: May 07, 2018 11:51AM

All big time sport, college and professional.

We won! We won!

All I did was sit on my ass and watched.

Date: May 07, 2018 03:12PM

tumwater Wrote:
> All big time sport, college and professional.
>
> We won! We won!
>
> All I did was sit on my ass and watched.

As long as you feel like a part of the team and feel like a winner i guess that's pretty good. I like when a fighter i like wins but i definitely don't feel like i helped the guy win or that i won without getting punched in the face haha.

Posted by: laperla not logged in ( )
Date: May 06, 2018 06:07PM

The worst thing I've heard come out of my TV. Aliens in history on the history channel.

There's not enough history to make a TV show so they have to make things up?

Bigfoot searches are in second place.

Third place is the ghost hunters bathed in green light saying "What was that?"

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: May 07, 2018 01:50AM

laperla +1 !!

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: May 07, 2018 10:53AM

a person knows that alien theorists are desperate when they start quoting Brigham Young and Joseph Smith -guys who talked about inhabitants of the moon and the sun, to try to justify their alien existence and encounter theories.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: May 06, 2018 06:15PM

I want to see BYU Boner on 'Naked & Afraid'!

Date: May 06, 2018 06:17PM

Chicken N. Backpacks Wrote:
> I want to see BYU Boner on 'Naked & Afraid'!

Hahaha i would get cable to see that. As long as i am not on that show i am good.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: May 06, 2018 07:48PM

Reality TV isn't.

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: May 06, 2018 08:03PM

I also vote ANY reality show on TV. I swear reality shows make people dumber.

"Ancient Aliens" type garbage are another. I miss when the History channel had shows that were ACTUALLY ABOUT HISTORY!

Date: May 06, 2018 08:29PM

It seems like ancient history when the History channel had shows about history.

Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: May 06, 2018 09:27PM

I totally agree with you. The History Channel and TLC, Discovery, etc... Have sold out to the conspiracy, new agers, alien believers.

I highly recommend every American watch Drunk History on Comedy Central. It's funny and you do learn real history. http://www.cc.com/shows/drunk-history

Posted by: bobofitz ( )
Date: May 07, 2018 10:01AM

The pressure of providing 24 hr programming for a speciality channel makes it difficult I’m sure. Same with news channels. It makes it necessary for the viewer to use discretion in what they choose to watch.

Posted by: dydimus ( )
Date: May 06, 2018 09:14PM

There are so many now days, no wonder Netflix, Showtime, HBO, etc... are winning Emmys. My sister drives me crazy because of the shows she watches (My 600lb life, Little People/big world, My Giant Life, etc...) I have to point out to her that fifty years ago all of those people would of been in the Circus earning money in "Freak Shows". Isn't this just a new form of Al Jolson doing black face?!?! We want to watch abnormal people living average lives?!?!

The other ones are any of the "Real Housewives" or that ilk. I blame MTV with their Real World and Jersey Shore.

The one I hate the most, not because of the premise; I just HATE, DISLIKE, AM DIGUSTED BY the Duggars (18 kids and counting). Sister Wives or my Three Wives or whatever takes perversion and tries to make it normal?!?!

Posted by: Qwerty Uiop ( )
Date: May 07, 2018 09:35AM

It'a all just a means of shutting the peasants up.

Posted by: Kentish ( )
Date: May 07, 2018 11:20AM

Not necessarily bad shows but I get frustrated with shows like The Americans or House of Cards that are dragged out for too many seasons and just keep repeating incidents that don't advance the overall plot. The original House of Cards was three very short series. The current one is what going on 5 or 6?

Posted by: Anon K Tutu ( )
Date: May 07, 2018 09:18PM

I could not & would not watch Boo Boo shows....

K

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: May 08, 2018 03:27AM

Big Bang Theory tops my list of bad.

I like the actors
I love the writing

But, that canned laughter makes it unwatchable for me!

Posted by: leyan27 ( )
Date: May 09, 2018 12:16AM

I agree! I've never watched a whole episode. The laugh track ruins it.

Posted by: Jimbo ( )
Date: May 08, 2018 06:45AM

Fox and Friends.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.