Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Peenydoodles ( )
Date: May 07, 2018 05:24AM

Due to all the sins of the saints of the one true church, Modbury and golden grove wards in South Australia have been dissolved. Everyone has been released, and boundaries changed. Not for numbers, but due to sin. In the one true church. I’m giggling...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: OzDoc ( )
Date: May 07, 2018 05:31AM

Yeah!!May there be more.

Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: May 07, 2018 08:33AM

Wonderful news, to hear of wards dissolving.

Date: May 07, 2018 08:43AM

#modburywardswingers club (which I find hilarious) sadly, there also has been child sexual abuse by a sister to some of the young women on a camp.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: May 07, 2018 11:42AM

The term "swingers" sounds so 1970s that whenever I read it, I hear Austin Powers voice.

Come to think of it, some of the Mormon men I've known who decided to attempt to be swingers, pretty much had the social skills of Austin Powers.

Posted by: Jane Cannary ( )
Date: May 07, 2018 11:46AM

Hilarious how these eliminations are always accompanied by changing of boundaries. It's like they're trying to convince people that no one is leaving, they're just in a different ward now.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: May 07, 2018 12:44PM

How are things in Canberra? I used to live there, and have many happy memories. I also have unhappy ones, mostly due to my attempts to harmonize my commitment to the church with my vocation as a scientist. I never quite fit into either camp, but that is a story for another day. When I was there there was a big push to transform the branches into wards to give the church a better image in the nation's capital. Any news from there?

Date: May 07, 2018 09:27PM

I don’t know a great deal about Canberra- I think there’s two wards?

Date: May 07, 2018 09:44PM

When I was there (early 1990s)there were several wards- can't remember exactly- 5 or 6, enough to make an official stake. Has that shrunk also?

It really breaks my heart that I, and so many of my friends there, put our hearts and souls into supporting the aims of the LDS church, only to learn later that it was all a scam.

Posted by: Simon Southerton ( )
Date: May 07, 2018 11:21PM

A word of clarification. Two wards and one branch were closed in Modbury Stake. Two new wards were created after boundaries were shifted around to get balanced numbers. The branch in Port Augusta was closed and folk there have to drive 50 miles to Whyalla.

This seems to be the trend these days. Rather than just closing a ward and shifting people into an adjacent ward, they close a couple of old ones and create one fewer NEW wards. Cause NEW wards are exciting and they distract people's attention from what is really happening - the decline of the church.

Posted by: Simon Southerton ( )
Date: May 07, 2018 11:27PM

Canberra now has its own stake which was created about 10 years ago. They broke all the normal rules about attendance in order to create it. There used to be 5 wards in the stake and a branch in Bega and Merimbula. They closed Queanbeyan ward several years ago and the Bega branch is now gone. Membership is gradually declining because most Australians don't give a shit about religion and they like to avoid cults.

On a positive note we have a healthy exmo community in Canberra with a couple of gatherings attracting up to 20 people.

Date: May 08, 2018 01:01AM

I probably know a few of those exmos.

I lived there when they were trying to create the stake. As you said, lots of rule stretching and breaking.

We all tried so hard to make the church work there. I wish I could name names here, but I don't want to get personal.

So much work for a hatful of rain.

Posted by: Barassi Line ( )
Date: May 08, 2018 08:20PM

"most Australians don't give a shit about religion"

Oh, I think you'll find they do. They call it sport.

Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: May 09, 2018 01:51AM

Posted by: Dallin Oaks ( )
Date: May 08, 2018 12:33AM

When did Port Augusta close?I went there when we Perth teens went to the Sydney temple for proxy baptisms.

Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: May 08, 2018 07:08AM

As usual, we get the real story of what's going on inside LDS here, on our exmo forum rather than that fake news outlet, Deseret News.

I'm anxious to hear someday in the near future that "The Canberra Stake has been dissolved." LOL

BTW, I've really enjoyed a couple of exmo gatherings over the past decade in Syndey and Canberra. Oz and Exmo go together splendidly.

Posted by: Anonymoz ( )
Date: May 08, 2018 11:39PM

modburywardswingers ??? What did I miss. I was in both mod bury and golden grove wards years ago. Things must have become more interesting once I left.

Date: May 09, 2018 03:15AM

Oh yeah, there’s swapping and all sorts going on.how long ago were you in the wards?

Posted by: Anonmymoz ( )
Date: May 09, 2018 10:27PM

Now that i think about it, it has been about 16 years since i was in either ward, GAH!! time flies huh.

i spent time in both wards, for about 5 years total. still know a few people from up there, but like all good Mormon friends most vanished when i moved to a different part of Adelaide.

I am hoping the swapping was among the younger crowd, the thought of some of the older members up there getting jiggy, makes me feel ill.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.