Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: steve benson ( )
Date: May 07, 2018 04:16PM

. . . RF was correcting both my spelling and my grammar. I didn’t call him a “Grammar Nazi” for it, but maybe the next time you interact with him you can do so since that’s what you called me and since, as you pointed out, such grammar policing constitutes a violation of board policy.

Check the link if you don’t believe me. I’m sure you’re familiar with the thread in question: https://www.exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,2110939,2110939#msg-2110939

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2018 04:31PM by steve benson.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: May 07, 2018 06:05PM

Seriously ... if you read through that thread it looks like you have more arrows flying from your bow than Richard does from his.

As for who was correcting whom, you started on the attack with your very first post to Richard Foxe. You then attacked his being an educator for 39 years, and that he lives in Japan. And from there his grammar.

You then mixed up my posts with his, and attacked him for saying things he didn't even say. What I said to him when I said goodnight and Sayonara about wishing him the bluebird of happiness was meant as a compliment and a blessing.

And look how you distorted that, taking it out of context. Accusing him of saying it to you and calling it an insult when it was anything but. I sent him that on the wire because I have a child living in Japan, where it is customary to be kind and courteous to others.

Richard Foxe was kind in his comments to me, as I was to him. So you didn't need to interject yourself in that exchange. Yet you confused what I said by accusing him of making statements he didn't make.

I enjoyed a little banter with him on that previous thread. He didn't mind at all either. It was a respite from the quarrel between you and him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2018 06:52PM by Amyjo.

Posted by: Historian ( )
Date: May 07, 2018 07:22PM

I so love the compassion on this board....

Oh - wait - that doesn't happen here....

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.