Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: May 09, 2018 07:19PM

They need to sever ties with themselves next.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: May 09, 2018 09:12PM

Good one.

In a way, that is going on right now as MORmONISM dwindles toward nothing.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: May 09, 2018 07:40PM

I personally did not like Boy Scouting very much as I had to deal with Scouting, because scouting was mostly a huge generality which was a diversion from things/ interests that I wanted to concentrate on doing, just like everything else that LD$ inc does, and my ward did a horrible job of administering the Scouting program when I was involved in it. oh well.

However, I think Boy Scouts was a very good organization overall, founded out of genuine concern to assist and improve boys on the path to manhood. I also think the Boy Scouts did a lot of net good, which is something that I will NOT say about MORmONISM.

So I am a little bit sad to see BS ravaged by current times and attendant PC. It will be kind of interesting to see what LD$ Inc comes up with to replace BS, but unlike many MORmONS, I do NOT see this a sign that Jesus is coming even sooner.

It will be kind of interesting to see what LD$ Inc comes up with to replace BS, but it is almost a certainty that it will NOT be as good. then there is the potential for Law suits if the New MORmON program too closely resembles The scouts program because just like MORmONISM, Scouting has turned out be a business concern more than anything else. and businesses compete with each other and attempt to maintain their turf.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: May 10, 2018 09:41AM

My father was a Boy Scout back 105 years ago - in Troop 1 in Stamford, CT. It was the Presbyterian Church in Stamford.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: May 10, 2018 11:43AM

Oh my. He was just a little tyke then? My dad wasn't born until 1917.

Posted by: JulieG ( )
Date: May 10, 2018 11:35AM

I think the lack of a scouting program will help to lead some men out of the church. I know several men who really weren't into church, but were involved because they had a calling with the scouts. The church is taking more fun things out of it and helping to lead more people out. Which is a good thing.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: May 10, 2018 11:45AM

Good point! It's a plus for the scouts too. Less brainwashing.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.