Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jackman ( )
Date: May 17, 2018 09:34AM

Ice cores record the pollution from mining and smelting operations in the early Americas.

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2015/02/ice-core-suggests-humans-damaged-atmosphere-long-industrial-revolution

This for me is the biggest nail in the coffin for the validity of the Book of Mormon.

Taken from a comment about this article from another website:
"You would think all that Book of Mormon metallurgy including the manufacture of 2 million swords would leave some trace of pollution in the ice cores.
It's one thing to argue that the archeological evidence is there and we just haven't found it yet. But to have a pristine ice core with no pollution in the layers where there should be pollution is pretty damning if you ask me."

It will be interesting to see what else scientists find as they continue to study the secrets recorded in these ice cores. Science is awesome.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: TheHumanLeague ( )
Date: May 17, 2018 09:46AM

I dug a bunch of swords up. They were so amazing!
I put em on online for sale. I got $5,000,000,000 for
the one signed by Joseph Smith.

I had to PAY tithes on that!!!! I was so MAD. It was
take it or leave it they said in Salt Lake. I almost
LOST my temple recommend. Glad as Hell I saved it.

Posted by: Done & done ( )
Date: May 17, 2018 09:57AM

Thanks for the link, jackman. Love this stuff.

Had to be thousands of acres of the continent littered with Nephite swords, chestplates, chariots, and silver sacrament cup trays, and whatnot, and yet there isn't a single chariot hub cap or lucky horse shoe left. Wow. Not even a stray page from a gold book.

I guess when God hid it all to test our faith He even cleansed the ice cores. Very thorough. He is God though, so, no surprise there!

Date: May 17, 2018 11:35AM

I didn't consider God cleansing the ice cores too.
Damn he is thorough. What a jerk to not leave a single artifact except for the Charles Anthon Transcript with a couple of lines of deformed Egyptian.

I blame it all on Satan and his scientists for deceiving me.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: May 17, 2018 12:03PM

lolz were had ~

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: May 17, 2018 10:08AM

Satan rules the frozen waters of glacial ice cores....

Posted by: TheHumanLeague ( )
Date: May 17, 2018 10:13AM

You GOTTA pray about it!!!!

Posted by: Jane Cannary ( )
Date: May 17, 2018 11:41AM

Yes, pray and view this information through your spiritual eyes.

Posted by: edzachery ( )
Date: May 17, 2018 01:48PM

...and the truth will be, as it were, as clear as "...a city through a mountain." (hat tip to Martin Harris, Apostate).

Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: May 17, 2018 11:52AM

God is tricky. He purposely plants fossils and also screws with all kinds of other scientific evidence just to test faith. :-)

Apparently God rewards people who have a high threshold for ignoring evidence and sticking to their determined religious explanation - facts be damned.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: May 17, 2018 12:46PM

Glad to have you back eJackman! Anthropology damns any literal interpretations of creationism.

Date: May 17, 2018 01:51PM

Boner,
I have been trying to abstain from posting but after so long I couldn't constrain myself and it just erupted involuntarily onto the computer keyboard.

Posted by: Hedning ( )
Date: May 17, 2018 02:16PM

Artifacts of all sorts are appearing in the lower arctic regions and alpine regions of northern Europe that show life in the iron, bronze ,neolithic and mesolithic ages. All kinds of arrows and arrow heads used by small bands of hunters, swords,arrows, tools of war. BYU scholars can't find a single sword, spear or arrow head made from any metal in the new world that could be traced to supposed Book of Mormon times when supposedly thousands upon thousands of warriors took part in battles. Steel arrow heads decompose rapidly in wet soil, but they leave behind an iron oxide ghost that is readily identifiable as an arrow head.

I stayed on a B and B on a farm in Northern England, you could walk along an old stone wall and pick up bits of metal and pottery from the Romans (probably no more than a couple of hundred) who occupied the site during BM times. God sure likes to play tricks on those Mormon archaeologists.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.