Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 17, 2018 11:51AM

Since the rules state that people are not allowed to be raptured with their clothing, I shall be looking for a banana next to a pile of clothing.
==============================================================

"Biblical prophecy predicts the Rapture is April 23: Christians look forward to the end of the world, when they will rise in the sky and meet Jesus.

Fox News reports the end of the world is April 23, according to prominent Christian numerologist David Meade:

For a certain branch of evangelical Christianity, Revelation 12:1–2 describes the beginning of what is known as the Rapture and the second coming of Christ.

The passage reads: “And a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of 12 stars. She was pregnant and was crying out in birth pains and the agony of giving birth.”

In the passage, the woman is represented as Virgo.

According to Meade, the alignment represents “the Lion of the tribe of Judah,” marking the Rapture, the belief that Christ will bring the faithful into paradise prior to a period of tribulation on earth that precedes the end of time.

“Christian numerologist” Meade told the U.K.’s Daily Express:

During this time frame, on April 23, 2018 the moon appears under the feet of the Constellation Virgo.

The Sun appears to precisely clothe Virgo… Jupiter is birthed on April 08, 2018.

The 12 stars at that date include the nine stars of Leo, and the three planetary alignments of Mercury, Venus and Mars – which combine to make a count of 12 stars on the head of Virgo.

Thus the constellations Virgo, Leo and Serpens-Ophiuchus represent a unique once-in-a-century sign exactly as depicted in the 12th chapter of Revelation. This is our time marker.

According to the “Christian numerologist” Planet X, also known as Nibiru, will appear above the sky on the April 23, causing volcanic eruptions, tsunamis and earthquakes.
However, NASA has repeatedly pointed out that Planet X, also known as Nibiru, is a hoax. Commenting on the Rapture story, Space.com reports:

What planet is responsible for this alignment? It’s Nibiru, a mythical world supposedly orbiting the sun in an extremely long, eccentric orbit that has been debunked again and again by NASA — but it somehow keeps popping up in forecasts of doom. In the latest prediction, Nibiru is supposed to pass by Earth this October, causing volcanic eruptions as the gravity of this massive world disturbs our own.

Nibiru has been implicated in all sorts of planetary trouble, going back as far as 1995, when there were nasty predictions that it would collide with Earth. NASA, however, reassured us a few years ago that “No giant, rogue planet has been found in the outer solar system to play the role of Nibiru.”

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: May 17, 2018 12:02PM

Oh good. Spring cleaning.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: May 17, 2018 12:08PM

Um...that was three weeks ago.
No rupture...err...rapture.

Should I be surprised? :)

You won't find any bananas or piles of clothing.
The rapture-obsessed are busy coming up with a new date to fail at.

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: May 17, 2018 12:24PM

Maybe not, he didn't specify a year......Sorry I missed that he did. Should not be reading between running jobs at work

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2018 12:25PM by sbg.

Date: May 17, 2018 12:25PM

"During this time frame, on April 23, 2018 the moon appears under the feet of the Constellation Virgo.
The Sun appears to precisely clothe Virgo… Jupiter is birthed on April 08, 2018."

Yeah, he did :)

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: May 19, 2018 11:44PM

I ruptured a muscle right about then....must be true!!

Posted by: jackman ( )
Date: May 17, 2018 12:29PM

"Since the rules state that people are not allowed to be raptured with their clothing, I shall be looking for a banana next to a pile of clothing."

Banana? Wait does that mean people will go up only wearing a banana hammock. If that is the case then meeting all my dead ancestors is going to be awkward.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: May 17, 2018 12:36PM

The doctrine of the rapture is fairly recent. It can be traced back to the Plymouth Brethren in the UK. The Brethren themselves were split on the issue. Its fascinating that the notion of dispensationalism also can be traced back to them.

The notion of dispensationalism shows up in Mormonism as we are in “The Dispensation of the Fulness of Time.”

As with the rapture, Dispensationalism is not a doctrine of the majority of Christians—Catholic, Anglican, Mainline Protestant, or Orthodox.

The LDS view of “the tribulations and rapture” is best summarized in D&C Section 45.

As others have pointed out, part of Horny Joe’s brilliance was to weave contempory 19th Century American religious concerns into Mormonism—everything from debates about infant baptism to Dispensationalism, to “secret combinations.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/2018 12:40PM by BYU Boner.

Posted by: Concerned Citizen 2.0 ( )
Date: May 20, 2018 12:15PM

...plus, he was ahead of his time with his own unique Nauvoo variation of "Planned Parenthood."

"Doctor John C.Bennett...Serving the Nauvoo area since 1840. Call 1-800-COATHANGER for appointment."

Posted by: ookami ( )
Date: May 17, 2018 01:44PM

NOW you tell us.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: May 17, 2018 01:56PM

in b 4 ~ April 23 ~

wait ~

wut ? ~

Posted by: quatermass2 ( )
Date: May 19, 2018 09:55PM

Best not renew my TV license then :)

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: May 20, 2018 12:11AM

If the "righteous" go naked into the rapture does that mean Mormons will be leaving their magic underwear behind?
The thought makes reason stare.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: May 20, 2018 12:20AM

These raptures would be much more popular if Jesus scheduled them before tax day.

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: May 20, 2018 03:31AM

I have a theory that The Rapture already happened and nobody was
righteous enough except Jimmy Hoffa.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: May 20, 2018 04:15AM

Dammit I forgot to be dead. CRS!

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: May 20, 2018 04:18AM

If this is the Rapture, nuthin from nuthin leaves nuthin.

As if Global warming isn't bad enough.

Posted by: MOI ( )
Date: May 20, 2018 12:04PM

Wake me when it's over.....again!

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: May 20, 2018 12:16PM

I especially get a kick out of Shinehah's comment!

Posted by: Kentish ( )
Date: May 22, 2018 04:38PM

How appropriate. Perhaps I'll have my English flag of St. George at the ready together with a volume of Shakespeare.

Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: May 22, 2018 04:46PM

Didn't you all notice it!!!!!
It clearly only applied by a very small area, like maybe one acre of the world.....

Date: May 22, 2018 06:22PM

Oh, I see.

So it's like the JW "second coming" then.
It happened, but nobody noticed.
Got it.

:)

Posted by: anonyXMo ( )
Date: May 23, 2018 02:12AM

I'm old enough to remember when that radio preacher Harold Camping predicted the end of the world for May 21, 2011. He had billboards put up all over the world months in advance. There was a huge brouhaha, he even gave a final radio broadcast the night before. Then ... nada

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.