Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: beardedatBYU ( )
Date: May 18, 2018 03:49PM

Anyone else having to change their family's Memorial Day weekend plans because their kid's stake decided to hold seminary graduation during the holiday?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jthomas ( )
Date: May 18, 2018 04:00PM

They have a graduation for waking up early before school and sleeping sitting up in someone elses living room???I made it through 1 year of that and no more. Its the total immersion and constant affirming that thew church is true (even EVERY day before school) that they need to keep the brainwashing effective. Its all so blatant and easily visible to ANYONE not in the midst of it to see the brainwashing happening daily. Count how many times do you remember people saying " I know JS was a prophet" and I know the BoM is true". Say it OVER and OVER and OVER again, and you start to believe it.So sad and evil.

Posted by: Moe Howard ( )
Date: May 18, 2018 05:17PM

"I know JS was a prophet" and I know the BoM is true".
What was I thinking? We said it as children and had no idea what we were saying.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 18, 2018 05:29PM

Graduation ceremony?

I got my 4 year graduation certificate the last day of class...

Posted by: beardedatBYU ( )
Date: May 18, 2018 05:36PM

To expect a family to change its plans for its sake seems to be very arrogant. They could do it any other weekend instead.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: May 18, 2018 11:09PM

They don't understand service.
The LDSc DOESN'T CARE about others.
TSCC wants, expects and exists for the members to serve (slave FOR) it, not the other way around, to serve the members-public.

It puts GC on EASTER and forgets JESUS CHRIST.

It's INDOCTRINATION, not simplicity, efficiency, sustainability, convenience, beauty, community, or common sense.

LDS doesn't exist to IMPROVE your life, but to DISAPPROVE of it.

You can't love something
That doesn't love you!

M@t

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: May 18, 2018 06:12PM

"I'm sorry, but our family has already made other plans for the holiday. When would it be convenient for my child to pick up the diploma?"

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: May 18, 2018 06:49PM

Mormonism ruins most - IF NOT ALL - holidays (everyday).

You'll just have to take another holiday... or, hop, SKIP or jump 'seminary'.

M@t

Posted by: Mother Who Knows ( )
Date: May 18, 2018 07:37PM

Seminary. All that time and effort, just to listen to LIES. That's one of my huge regrets in life. I got a seminary pin. I had to study all of the same garbage all over again in BYU's mandatory religion classes.

I remember getting up in the dark, shivering in the cold, too tired and rushed to eat breakfast, and sitting in the uh-heated church building, while the morning hunger turned to nausea that would last until lunch. I thought that if I was faithful and good enough, that God would make my older brother stop beating and torturing me, and maybe my nightmares and nightly stomach aches would go away. All religion ever brought me was nausea.

Enough! Why does Mormonism always want "one more." Wasn't graduating from Seminary enough? Now the kids have to give up their Memorial Day plans?

Just say NO!

Even before I left the Mormon cult, the only way I could survive it all my life was to learn assertiveness. Read a book on the subject, and learn the saying-no dialogs. You will recognize these dialogs, because Mormons use them all the time.

Have a nice Memorial Day Weekend!

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: May 18, 2018 07:47PM

A double wammie would be if you had to clean the pissers on Saturday.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.