Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: May 21, 2018 12:45PM

As the church population (stateside) continues to decline, the cult is seeing an upsurge of mini temples being built in the heart of the Morridor: Utah, Idaho, parts of Wyoming, the Southwest, etc. Is it shoring up its resources for its concentration of Mormons in the 'heartland' of Mormonism?

Many of the East Coast Mormons who stay in TSCC migrate to Utah. This includes converts, not only BIC.

With a caveat: one such couple who retired to Utah moved back to New York because they decided the medical care they received was superior here to the care they were receiving in Utah when the husband learned he needed open heart surgery. And that is what brought them back East.

As for the so-called "New Jerusalem," I doubt even among Mormons they'd consider Missouri "the place" where the Garden of Eden once stood.

Salt Lake makes more sense since that is the headquarters for the corporation.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: rhgc ( )
Date: May 21, 2018 02:34PM

I have determined that the "New Jerusalem" is wherever I live. I don't live in Salt Lake OR Missouri.

One daughter goes to Jerusalem (in Israel) for about a month every year.

Date: May 21, 2018 06:19PM

Good determination, rhgc!

Does your daughter need to travel to Israel for business? Or personal? I'd love to have a job that paid me to go there every year.

:)

Posted by: PHIL ( )
Date: May 21, 2018 06:39PM

The only ones heading to mormonia are the ones who fled utah to try to make it big out here.They've taken over leadership in a lot of areas here in the east.When they achieve their goals they head back to Utah.

Date: May 21, 2018 06:48PM

In Utah they're among their own kind in a predominantly Mormon populated area. That's what they weren't able to replicate on the East Coast. Is the continuity of their community. As the Mormons thin out elsewhere, they do seem to be gathering in kind to Utah, just based on personal observations where I used to attend on the East Coast. Many of them were adult converts here, before becoming transplants there.

You may be right about lifelong members making the same move.

Am hopeful of retiring there myself. That is because of family and personal ties, not because of TSCC. It's where I'm from. It's home to me.

Posted by: anono this week ( )
Date: May 21, 2018 09:25PM

"Is it shoring up its resources for its concentration of Mormons in the 'heartland' of Mormonism?"

I think the answer can be found in what was said in 2008 posted in Mormon Leaks where they fret over YSA. They practically say that the international church is doomed. Only Morridor has a chance to survive into the future. And this is for numerous reasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBH045ooaY0

Date: May 21, 2018 10:30PM

I wish the speaker didn't speak in such a monotone drawl. It might be easier to listen to. At nearly an hour length, I'll take your word that's what was said.

Ten years old already. Nelson and Oaks younger versions of who they are today.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.