Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Secular Priest ( )
Date: May 21, 2018 04:26PM

Attended all 3 hours yesterday so I could get a ticket to Pres Nelson and his wife speak in devotional in three weeks. You had to be johny on the spot as we have 480 members, average attendage at sac meeting is about 240 and stake only gave us 217 tickets. So some active members will not be attending in person!!! That is another story.

Well no one in major leadership positions spoke to me yesterday. I tried to make some laughter when I picked my ticket up. I said to the 2 counsellors, "I'll take 10, so I can scalp 9 of them" You should have seem the looks on the Priesthood leaders faces. They did not even acknowledge me and as they handed me the ticket it was like they wanted to take it back. It was a tense scene to say the least. They must have been talking about me in their meetings.

My "minister brother" was all buddy buddy with me at Church yesterday. I did get a phone call from as assistant clerk who said that after the meeting I left, several of the brothers talked to him and said they felt uncomfortable about talking about that inactive member. He said he felt it was the wrong approach to talk about a member like that. I asked him if they were going to say or do anything and he said no.

No one made eye contact was made with me in the large circle yesterday. "Yes I could feel the pure love of Christ." Not

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: May 21, 2018 04:34PM

You're quite the rebel. Seriously, I am surprised that you scored a golden ticket to see the cut-up Nelson. He's a rock you know.

Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: May 21, 2018 04:49PM

I want to see this man face to face. The man that went into a poor country and told them to pay tithing to get out of poverty. I bet that most of them do not have a full time job. I want to see this man face to face to see how how insensitive he is. My money is on Wendy telling him how to run the Church. What did she talk about? Why is her name on the ticket I got yesterday? She is a nobody.

If Pres Nelson comes and talks about how his first wife, who has passed, and Wendy and how they are going to be in the life here after, that would be inspirational. I get the feeling that this guy has thrown his first wife under the bus.

So I an going to go with an open mind to really see what this guy is like. He is bring Elder Rasberry, or what ever his name is with him and he is bringing his wife too. Yesterday's Priesthood lesson was a rehash of his talk from last conference. I could not make any sense of what he said. Too much pop psychology mixed with religion and some weird stories. But the leaders teaching it loved his message.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: May 21, 2018 04:45PM

You dared to disagree.
It used to be that "the glory of God is intelligence" nowadays it's " the glory of God is obedience ".

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: May 21, 2018 04:53PM

Obedience is the first flaw of Heaven.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: May 21, 2018 10:09PM

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: May 21, 2018 08:00PM

Have other "prophet's" wives acted like she does? I believe her talk will be about gays. She seems to be obsessed by the subject and thinks she has all the answers.

Personally, I think she is running the show, not Nelson.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: May 21, 2018 08:01PM

How dare you question THEM?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.