Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: think4u ( )
Date: June 08, 2011 11:31AM

Really expensive dark chocolate and ice cold diet coke. I don't do it too often, but for me, there are no 2 things that taste this incredibly good together.

Once, just a few years ago, my youngest daughter told me those were the best two things, together, that she could ever imagine eating.

I was stunned because I had all my adult life thought the very same thing. Maybe she learned it from watching me, do not know, but she was gone and married with her own family when she made the comment. Maybe we share the same tastebuds.

So what is your very favorite food in the entire world? Want to know.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: June 08, 2011 11:31AM

Date: June 08, 2011 11:32AM

No, tell me more, is it chocolate?

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: June 08, 2011 11:34AM

usually filled with fruit and fresh whipped cream.

Posted by: GayLayAle ( )
Date: June 08, 2011 11:41AM

If made correctly, it's lighter than air, yet somehow rich and creamy. It's incredible.

Posted by: rogertheshrubber ( )
Date: June 08, 2011 11:33AM

But chocolate and diet coke is pretty damn tasty!

Posted by: dthenonreligious ( )
Date: June 08, 2011 03:58PM

Right on, only I have to have beer.

Date: June 08, 2011 04:24PM

Date: June 08, 2011 04:29PM

But if you like, you can e-mail me off-board and I can provide links either to my blog, or to some "Beer 101" type websites.

Date: June 08, 2011 06:18PM

rgrtheshrubber@gmail.com

Date: June 08, 2011 06:26PM

Date: June 08, 2011 11:35AM

That qualifies as my new sacrament.

Posted by: jon1 ( )
Date: June 08, 2011 11:47AM

Date: June 08, 2011 11:48AM

It's like the two things were invented for one another.

Date: June 08, 2011 11:51AM

I'll try it!

Date: June 08, 2011 11:50AM

Bruschetta and Valpolichella(can't spell either one) is great siting on the porch as the evening cools...

Date: June 08, 2011 11:40AM

I will respond for Colonel Moroni, Spegetti ( of which I make better than ANY restaurant ever dreamed of) and ice cream. He LOVES ice cream, and I probably only eat it twice a year.

I would LOVE to hear more of YOUR favorites.

Posted by: jan ( )
Date: June 08, 2011 11:42AM

Date: June 08, 2011 11:52AM

Now that does sound really good!

Posted by: sd ( )
Date: June 08, 2011 11:54AM

whipped cream on man sausage.

Date: June 08, 2011 11:56AM

How is that prepared? Do you whip the cream, then apply or...

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: June 08, 2011 12:00PM

Now, the best chocolaty thing I've had recently was a brownie from the food court in concourse E of the Atlanta airport. I expected it be merely okay, but WOW! Moist, dense, dark, rich with just a hint of sourness. Too bad I had to rush for my flight.

Posted by: jpt ( )
Date: June 08, 2011 01:10PM

Re Atlanta's airport, a pilot for Eastern Airlines a number of years ago got tired of waiting, taxied his plane back to the ramp, and quit. His quote: "When you die, it doesn't matter if you go to heaven or hell, you still have to connect in Atlanta."

Date: June 08, 2011 03:56PM

I am so with you. Nothing like a really great chocolate brownie- but hard to find!

Posted by: colonelmoroni ( )
Date: June 08, 2011 03:49PM

That Chocolate cake from "Flower Girl and Dough Boy's". Yummmm! I'll get you another soon!

Date: June 08, 2011 04:08PM

OMG my favorite! You and that chocolate fudge cake thing you brought! So fun to see you on line here! I love my colonel!

Someone asked today on one of my posts about my Dec. 6 confrontation with Tom Perry, wanted to read it, and then some other kind soul quickly found and put the link on that post for anyone interested that did not hear of it.

Of course I reread it, and it brought back all the feelings I had that day. Remember how excited I was when I met you at the restaurant right afterward? My heart started beating faster even today as I once again read through the conversation I had with him. It still makes me happy!!! A once in a lifetime encounter for sure.

And whomever mentioned I have cahones of steel, lower down on that thread, was right I'm afraid; I know you would verify that on my behalf! I was a bit scared, but the excitement of the moment just took the fear away. We have experienced much together Col. M. Love to you!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2011 04:10PM by think4u.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 08, 2011 03:54PM

I like medium-rare prime ribs of beef with Yorkshire pudding. I also like lobster tails with drawn butter and lemon.

On the fruit/desert end of things, I like chocolate covered strawberries, strawberry shortcake with whipped cream (I'll even have that for breakfast!), and raspberry zabaglione.

Posted by: Stray Mutt ( )
Date: June 08, 2011 04:23PM

...without worrying whether God will punish us. We might suffer some natural consequences, like putting on pounds or getting drunk, but no being cast into a lesser kingdom, never to see our righteous loved ones again.

Date: June 08, 2011 04:27PM

Most excellent thoughts, SM, you pretty much always have something wise to say!

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: June 08, 2011 04:28PM

crepes
grn peppers stuffed w/ rice & grnd beef.

desert:

a) HOT butterscotch pudding w/ dolop of vanilla, french van. ice cream on top (or, on bottom)

b) tapioca with strawberries mixed in...
c) strawberry / rhubarb PIE

Gals: I'm not a picky/fussy eater, I just happen to like the above.

Honest.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2011 04:43PM by guynoirprivateeye.

Posted by: Little nevermo ( )
Date: June 08, 2011 05:54PM

Has to be the Honey Maid brand...none other even comes close...

Posted by: lily ( )
Date: June 08, 2011 06:01PM

Steak. Really good steak, prepared correctly. Roasted asparagus. Baked potato with sour cream.

And coke. Ice cold coke in a glass bottle. Heaven.

Posted by: nevermo-beck ( )
Date: June 08, 2011 06:15PM

Since visiting Kaua'i last year, I've been crazy for passionfruit (lilikoi) - had the most amazing lilikoi pie while we were there. And just the other day, I found frozen passionfruit in the freezer section at a Bloom grocery store - I was super excited and bought out everything they had. I quickly made a passionfruit chiffon pie, which was okay - but turns out I'm not a huge fan of chiffon. Today, however, I made a lilikoi pie using a recipe for key lime pie (substituted the passionfruit and a tablespoon of lemon for the key lime) and it is fabulous! Hooray!

Posted by: Glo ( )
Date: June 08, 2011 06:24PM

The best dessert EVER is pecan ice cream between two large white meringes, topped with real whipped cream covering the whole bowl.

YUM.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.