Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: May 23, 2018 10:48PM

Ok I looked up polygamy still going on in the Mormon church and it still is!! I even saw pictures of Mormon families that had many wives and a lot of kids! Yeah the Mormon church did not end polygamy in 1890 or whenever! ! What a sick so called church

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: May 24, 2018 12:32AM

If you want to see polygamists just go to costco.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: May 24, 2018 02:46AM

Or come to idaho, land of the weird.

Posted by: carameldreams ( )
Date: May 24, 2018 10:24AM

LOL! Ha!

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: May 24, 2018 07:13AM

But most mormon polygamists have their own services in their own homes and facilities.

Posted by: severedpuppetstrings ( )
Date: May 24, 2018 07:50AM

And there are some that still openly attend Sacrament meetings, they just keep a low profile to keep from being in "danger" of being excommunicated.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: May 24, 2018 08:08AM

Any Mormons who are practicing polygamy and are found out, are excommunicated, so in that sense, no, you were not lied to.

Date: May 24, 2018 12:45PM

They use the same sacrament prayer, wear the same garments, sing the same hymns, adore the same early leaders. They're mormons.

Posted by: gettinreal ( )
Date: May 26, 2018 03:08PM

If the organization says you’re not, you’re not... no matter how much you imitate them.

Just because a person dresses like a cop, doesn’t make them a cop.

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: May 26, 2018 03:10PM

gettinreal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If the organization says you’re not, you’re
> not... no matter how much you imitate them.
>
> Just because a person dresses like a cop,
> doesn’t make them a cop.

Exactly

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: May 26, 2018 06:33PM

gettinreal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If the organization says you’re not, you’re
> not... no matter how much you imitate them.
>
> Just because a person dresses like a cop,
> doesn’t make them a cop.

A person who dresses like a cop and imitates one makes for a very dangerous impersonator!

Date: May 27, 2018 03:37PM

Individuals say what they are and what they believe.

Anyone who stops believing mormon doctrine and stops participating in a church is no longer a member.

Thousands of mormons in splinter groups claim to be mormons because that is what they are. They sing the songs, wear the garments, have the rituals, eat the bread and water, quote the scriptures and worship Joe Smith and Brigham Young. They are every bit as mormon as anyone who attends only a mormon ward house and many of these splinter mormons do that as well as attending plyg meetings.

My brother attends both as do his many children and their children. They are mormons through and through, baptized, confirmed, temple married and devout.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: May 26, 2018 06:31PM

You cannot buy the garments either without a temple recommend. So if the polygs have been exed because of their polygamy, they can't legally obtain the wacky underwear. Are there knock-off garments?

Why would they even want to imitate the Mormon rites when the Mormons abandoned polygamy? Without a temple to perform them in, it boggles the mind.

Date: May 27, 2018 03:40PM

They're mormons. They participate.

Many of them have temple recommends and buy garments just like other mormons. Some of them sew their own and embroider on the symbols.

It's like different beliefs among Jewish people. Some are Orthodox and others barely give a nod to the day to day traditions, but they're all part of the Jewish community.

It's a myth that every polygamist who is found out is exed. Many wards and bishops don't want the bad publicity and they look the other way as long as the plygs don't go public.

The groups who have their own church building and temple might or might not attend a regular ward. But they are not imitating when they worship or do temple work. They are following the mormon dictates and participating just as other mormons do.

I own garments as an exmo and my nevermo husband has a pair. I bought mine at an exmo conference and he got his from a friend with a recommend. I knew polygamists who bought garments from members and former members who still had recommends or still had garments they'd purchased when they had a recommend.

It isn't true that no one can have garments unless they have a recommend. Garments are easy to come by.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2018 04:24PM by Cheryl.

Posted by: Babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: May 27, 2018 05:45PM

Yes, the true Mormons. Unlike the apostates who excommunicated them.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: May 27, 2018 03:18PM

By MORmON convention of eternal temple marriage, the current MORmON PRofit is practicing polygamy. MORmON PRofit Howard Hunter was practicing polygamy in 1990, a full century AFTER 1890. Gordon Hinckley performed that plural marriage, Gordon Hinckley also said that LDS inc had "nothing whatever to do" with polygamy. MORmON leaders DAMN SURE have lied on the matter of MORmON polygamy.

do not be a MORmON about MORmON polygamy, or you will end up looking like a real MORmON

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCN3AvH4JRg

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 24, 2018 09:38AM

The current prophet has two wives and the membership believes that they are his for eternity. Is their any non-Joseph Smith based religion that teaches and believed this?

And I'm still waiting for a Muslim from a country in which having more than one wife is legal, to convert, to see what happens. I say if he's rich enough they'll baptize him AND his three wives!

The specific reason the first manifesto was prepared was because ghawd showed Woodruff what would happen if the church didn't (pretend to) cave in.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: May 27, 2018 03:10PM

Posted by: Plygly ( )
Date: May 28, 2018 09:11PM

I think RMN is a hidden polygamist, married to both Wendycakes and her best friend.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.