Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: icanseethelight ( )
Date: June 02, 2018 02:30PM

So DW is getting more disillusioned with the church by the day, and if the next bishop is who I hope it is, she will quit going.

But here is where I need help. I need a place to socialize that both of us are invested in. A different church is a no go, and we don’t have that many shared interests. Living in a major metro I know there is something, I just need to find it.

For those of you that have kept there spouse, and they are still hanging on because the double-bind is so strong, have you been able to find anything where you both are able to make friends and participate in on a regular basis??

Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2018 02:43PM by icanseethelight.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Curry ( )
Date: June 02, 2018 02:46PM

Go to https://www.meetup.com. There should be lots of groups in your area, people getting together to visit museums, hike, walk dogs, cook, ski, discuss books, etc. If you don’t find something to interest you, you could start a new group.

Posted by: GNPE1 ( )
Date: June 02, 2018 04:45PM

IF you're OK / like the claimed values of MoMism (love, honesty, etc), those seem to be widely accepted, at least Claimed;

Mormonism provides plenty of excuses/ exceptions to them, be careful in others.

me: Mennonites of Seattle

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: June 03, 2018 12:24AM

Volunteering someplace you might find a common interest?

Take up a new hobby together like a dance class, hiking or photography club, etc?

The meetup.com is an option.

Taking a community class together like learning conversational foreign language. Then plan a vacation to travel to foreign country to try out your new skills. Say like Spain, or France, or Russia, lol.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.