Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Free Man ( )
Date: June 05, 2018 12:40AM

Why can't I shower in the women's locker room?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: June 05, 2018 12:49AM

and this has to do with what, exactly ?

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: June 05, 2018 01:53AM

We'd rather do the time warp.

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: June 05, 2018 02:27AM

Posted by: xxMMMooo ( )
Date: June 05, 2018 03:02AM

Who says you can't?

Posted by: All that Jazz ( )
Date: June 05, 2018 03:03AM

After I left the Church, I became a nudist (naturist), and I used to shower with naked girls at the nudist camp. It was fun until it got to be "normal" then the thrill was pretty much gone.

Posted by: zarahemlatowndrunk ( )
Date: June 05, 2018 01:21PM

Probably has to do with the fact that you don't live your life as a woman. If you decide to live your life as a woman, then feel free to use the women's restroom or whatever.

Personally, I'll shower in the privacy of my own home, thank you very much!

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: June 07, 2018 01:06AM

I remember once when I was in Southern France - Aix, I think - I found a public restroom that had nothing but holes in the floor. There were a few old ladies in there, hiking their skirts and doing their business, but my American bladder could not deal with that. I found a café, ordered something, and used their restroom.

And wow - I remember those dreadful "gang"showers. There was a teacher assigned to perch atop the wall between shower areas, and make sure that everyone actually got wet. It got so that nobody really cared.

Posted by: Finally Free! ( )
Date: June 05, 2018 01:40PM

"To those against hate and bigotry..."

So... You're arguing FOR "hate and bigotry"?

That seems an odd stance to take. So, I want to be clear.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: June 05, 2018 01:57PM

https://mic.com/articles/114066/statistics-show-exactly-how-many-times-trans-people-have-attacked-you-in-bathrooms#.FmCLbwoH8

However, there are many cases of trans people being attacked and killed

https://www.advocate.com/crime/2018/6/04/trans-woman-murdered-jacksonville-12th-year

Most trans people are poor, rejected by family and society and live on the margins or existence. There's not much chance of someone pretending just to enter a restroom or locker room. They'd just do it anyway without the pretense.

Posted by: Greenleaf ( )
Date: June 05, 2018 03:30PM

anybody Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> https://mic.com/articles/114066/statistics-show-ex
> actly-how-many-times-trans-people-have-attacked-yo
> u-in-bathrooms#.FmCLbwoH8
>

Sure, if you use the "no true Scotsman" fallacy. There have been several in which individuals who have at least claimed to be transgender to gain access to a rest room, homeless shelter, or prison facility and then assault others.

There's also the case of Michelle Martinez (in which most agree she is a transwoman) and she molested a 10 year old.

You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts.

Date: June 05, 2018 04:17PM

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/miguel-martinez-transgender-bathroom-controversy/

https://mic.com/articles/185436/fox-news-misrepresents-report-of-sexual-assault-by-a-trans-person-in-a-private-residences-bathroom#.udw2ybNee

https://abcnews.go.com/US/sexual-assault-domestic-violence-organizations-debunk-bathroom-predator/story?id=38604019

Also, no one ever mentions trans men that are genitically female.

Are you going to make them go into the girl's room too? That would really freak people out.

What's more likely to happen are assaults against young trans women and girls who are forced to use male facilities.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2018 04:22PM by anybody.

Posted by: formerrlds ( )
Date: June 05, 2018 08:59PM

I don't really care who pees where as long as they don't leave a mess or peek in between the panels of my stall. Mop up the counter and get the heck out, and don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way.

Date: June 05, 2018 09:01PM

P.S. The first time I had to shower communally was in seventh grade PE class, more than 40 years ago. That was DEFINITELY an all female environment. It was awful and I don't think any minor child should be required to disrobe in a communal setting like that. But adults have the choice to leave the health club and shower at home, or whatever. Just my tuppence.

Date: June 06, 2018 04:41PM

The "Caitlyn Jenner" model of having older trans women come out after years of hiding is in the past. More and more parents (but sadly not yet all) are no longer forcing their children to be what they are not and allowing them to transition at an early age.

This means as time passes there will be more and more trans kids at school who for all intents and purposes will act and be just like other children of the same gender.

Estimates vary as high as one in two hundred and one in a thousand and lower but the numbers are very small compared to the overall population. This means only five or fewer kids in a school of a thousand students so putting up shower curtains and such isn't a huge burden.

If you think some randy boy is going to "fake it" just to get in the girl's locker room, I don't think so. He's not going to go through all of the psychological tests and evaluations, living as a girl 24/7/365, and face ridicule and the loss of his friends just to look at naked girls. All he has to do for that is just turn on his phone and look on the internet.

Date: June 06, 2018 11:00PM

Junior high school was 40 years ago for me :) I'm sure that school locker room facilities don't feature the "gang" showers that existed in my day. I was just reminiscing about how uncomfortable the experience was for me.

Date: June 07, 2018 12:14AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.