Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: montanadude ( )
Date: June 06, 2018 09:30AM

It seems every photo of Russ has Wendy hanging on his arm. I don't recall a time when the spouse of a church leader was so prominently displayed in its publications.

I was told years ago by a person who worked at Bonneville Media that LD$ Inc. rarely showed pictures of spouses because it made the leaders look even older to the audience. It's the same reason Orrin Hatch is never seen in a photo with his wife. Yet, Wendy is everywhere. Once in awhile you will see a photo of Bednar and Oaks, both with dark hair and younger looking.

It's obvious she loves the attention as church matron. Yes, she's part of the Deseret Book regulars pushing the church's same old drivel and kool aid but the only difference I see is non grey hair.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: June 06, 2018 09:50AM

She worked damn hard to nab that trophy husband and nobody is going to stop her and her red lips from taking center stage. Russ is lucky she lets him in the photo at all.

When it comes to smug arrogant Mormon bigotry I always imagine her saying, "Let me show you how it's done, boys!"

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: June 06, 2018 12:36PM

Wendy is from Raymond, AB,...and she's smug....go figure!

Posted by: MOI ( )
Date: June 06, 2018 09:26PM

This seems like the perfect time to tell you, Ron, that President and Sister Nelson will be in Raymond for a 'special' meeting on June 10. So you'd better repent or be severely chastised. LOL! All members/wards have been assigned out to the cultural hall and other chapels to hear the prophet speak via video link, or whatever they call it nowadays. The main coveted gathering place is the chapel of the stake center, but wouldn't ya know, Wendy has that reserved for all her Raymond friends and their immediate families.

The surrounding Mormon towns have their little noses out of joint that Nelson won't be going to any of them, AND it's common knowledge that this is Wendy's 'return home to show off her prize' tour and build on the bragging rights that she's the prophet's wife. Knowing her mother, this would make a good episode of Keeping Up Appearances with Laura Watson as Hyacinth. Or Wendy Watson Nelson as Hyacinth.

Date: June 06, 2018 10:20PM

Raymond will be beside itself with self rigorousness won't it. Da Profit of Da Lard in little old Payton Place...errr Raymond. Thankfully I will be elsewhere shooting trap on Sunday. I can only imagine the indignation that Stirling, Magrath and Cardston are feeling. Fuckin' EH!!

Date: June 06, 2018 10:23PM

And was Wendy's uncle Ron Watson? The Watson family business was corral cleaning. They cleaned dad's feedlots for years...so it's possible the first lady of the cult's family heritage is hauling cowshit!! Perfect!!

Posted by: MOI ( )
Date: June 06, 2018 10:28PM

LOL! Yes, I remember when Ron Watson had his accident that almost killed him when his head got caught in the blades of a manure spreader. Then when he was a bishop in the early 70s, he knew the damn renegade kid that broke into the old church, now town hall on main-street and shit on the pulpit then smeared shit on the piano. Didn't do anything about it. Something curious going on with that family and shit. Well, whatever floats one's boat, I s'pose.

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: June 06, 2018 12:39PM

Done & Done Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> She worked damn hard to nab that trophy husband
> and nobody is going to stop her and her red lips
> from taking center stage. Russ is lucky she lets
> him in the photo at all.
>
> When it comes to smug arrogant Mormon bigotry I
> always imagine her saying, "Let me show you how
> it's done, boys!"

Hahaha a trophy husband that's funny. Gone are the days of the trophy wife i guess, it's all about that trophy husband.

Posted by: Leaving ( )
Date: June 06, 2018 09:53AM

Russ (born September 9, 1924) is almost 26 years older than Wendy (born May 31, 1950).

Posted by: Now a Gentile ( )
Date: June 06, 2018 09:57AM

Isn't this age gap about right for polygamous husbands?

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 06, 2018 11:23AM

Leaving Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Russ (born September 9, 1924) is almost 26 years older than Wendy (born May 31, 1950).

So Russ is Roaring 20s/Depression era/WWII generation. Wendy is the Eisenhower 50s and "Swinging" 60s. That is quite a difference in perspective.

Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: June 06, 2018 09:56AM

The irony of Wendy Watson and Sheri Dew - BFF's and heartthrobs, running the LDS Church behind the scenes is truly sweet.

Maybe Wendy and Sheri are busting their garment cloaked asses off recruiting Kristen Oaks into their Female First Presidency? Hell, they'd do a better job than their husbands any day!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2018 09:57AM by cricket.

Posted by: allegro ( )
Date: June 06, 2018 11:06AM

I have been watching this and came up with a theory. When Monson's wife died, you could tell it took a toll on him. He did not remarry and spoke of her in loving terms with tears in his eyes. Then Nelson's wife dies suddenly in front of him and within months he is remarried. There was a lot of anger about that with the women in the church and still spilled over when he became prophet. He had to do something. Monson was beloved, Nelson had this issue around his neck. So to establish himself he immediately got rid of Elder Charisma and replaced with Oaks. Compared to Oaks, Nelson would appear loving and caring. Then he had to put out there administrative decisions as revelation to secure his prophet status. Next the Wendy issue. He had to get her out there. I call it, "Look I am not such a bitch" tour. It is working-smart man.

Posted by: not logged in (nli) ( )
Date: June 06, 2018 12:33PM

At 93, Russ won't be there very long, so Wendy is making the most of it while she can. After he's gone, she'll still have many years left to drink the Dew.

Russ and Wendy, charter members of the "Not Even Once Club."

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: June 07, 2018 01:16PM

She makes me sick. Never was much of one who thought the LDS women were special. They are SOOOO FAKE.

I think cricket hit the nail on the head. From what someone posted about Nelson's home, doesn't Dew live a few houses down?

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: June 07, 2018 05:48PM

I am waiting for the photo that has both of them smoking cigars.

Posted by: anono this week ( )
Date: June 07, 2018 06:49PM

I noticed this too, It has to do with the fact that she is so young (in her 60s) almost a teenager! Monson's wife was really old and tired, so was Margarie "PAY" Hinkley. Hunter's wife was a little younger but tied down because Hunter was dying the whole time. Camilla Kimbal was really old too as far as I remember.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: June 08, 2018 12:03PM

Wendy is the tin man's heart.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.