Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: TheHumanLeague ( )
Date: June 08, 2018 02:12PM

I could not believe the conversation...I was visiting.
I dont know why but several folks were talking like
in an ARROGANT way how the LDS CHurch will grow like
crazy in the future. I was silently saying to myself
that WAS NUTS. Everyone knows about its phony History
and all its LIES.

People are sick of the mind control. Sick of the tithe
shakedown. If anything its a miracle its still open. Oh
well...its very obvious that the Mormon promise of all
the Celestial Kingdoms is coming crashing down.

Why would a NORMAL woman want to "Share" here husband with
a bunch of psycho X's in Kolob? Whatever???

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: June 08, 2018 02:31PM

I've stopped trying to make sense of it all. I'm just glad that my friends that grew up without religion are able to live normal lives.

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: June 08, 2018 02:40PM

What general vicinity are you visiting?

Posted by: anono this week ( )
Date: June 08, 2018 03:34PM

Ya I was in a conversation like this too a few days ago and it turned into how Old Joe was just like Abraham Lincoln and other such nonsense. My theory is that some people spend way too much time rapt up around worshipping mormondom, temples, family search all day,

I'm guessing the real problem is that they just don't have enough things to do to occupy their time especially as people approach retirement or are unemployed. So they turn to church stuff. And if a white collar man quits/retires from his job all of the sudden he gets saddled up with more church jobs that occupy everyday of the week. It's a way of escaping reality.

Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 12:55AM

The church is growing in West Africa, where tithing shakedowns should not be happening for humanitarian reasons. I wish the governments there would chase the non-native Mormons out, for the sake of the children. They need churches that help to take care of people, rather than shake them down.

Posted by: Bill ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 11:03AM

Well stated Josephina...it is inhumane to lull these poor folks into a cult that will ultimately take food from the mouths of children. Pure evil.

Posted by: GNPE1 ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 07:03PM

AGREED!

governments in Africa shouldn't let money donated to religions leave their country!

WAKE UP!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 07:55PM

I agree with you. I hope that African governments wake up and keep tithing donations in-country (and require that actual charitable work be done with those donations.)

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 10:07AM

Not convinced they are "quitting in droves"~~~that I find is hyperbole...

But they are leaving, on a consistent basis.

Posted by: danr ( )
Date: June 10, 2018 12:59PM

I agree that some people are leaving, but not as many as we would like to think.

Here in Southeastern Idaho, all the parking lots of Mormon Churches are full each Sunday, and shopping on Sunday is still the best day of the week to shop.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: June 11, 2018 01:05PM

I grew up in south central idaho, which is not as MORmON concentrated as eastern Idaho. The ward house in our tiny little town was a beehive of MORmON activity throughout the week, except on Monday night. Now ward houses are mostly deserted except for a few hours on Sunday. and the parking lots are more empty than not even at the apex of church'in services. Wards are operating on a skeleton basis instead of consolidating, in order to preserve more vanity callings (Bishop) as an incentive for those still willing to engage in the priestDUD leadership vanity calling derby.

Date: June 09, 2018 10:57AM

I think that inactivity and resignations are reaching a critical mass where probably most TBMs know someone who has left the church. And there are more early return missionaries than ever. This makes it easier for others who are thinking about leaving.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 11:07AM

It may be that the younger generation/s coming up aren't getting as vested into Mormonism as their parents did. Except for the most diehard, whose parents wouldn't forgive them if they left.

The Internet has exposed Mormonism for the cult that it is. I learned that before I was online, but it took me literally years to find out.

The kids today don't need to wait so long. They learn. They awaken. They decide it isn't for them. And they transition out. Is it droves? Maybe not. But it is a significant number.

The times they are a'changin. It's presumptious for anyone to think our children are going to follow in our parents footsteps, or our own indefinitely. They find their own way soon enough.

TSCC just doesn't have the answers in a complex world people are searching for to feed their spirituality. It lacks sustenance to go the distance.

People need something to believe in. Hope, faith, and inspiration. Not cults. Learning to trust our own judgment? Well that is revolutionary!

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 06:36PM

Amyjo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> TSCC just doesn't have the answers in a complex
> world people are searching for to feed their
> spirituality. It lacks sustenance to go the
> distance.
>
> People need something to believe in. Hope, faith,
> and inspiration. Not cults. Learning to trust our
> own judgment? Well that is revolutionary!

Very well stated, Amyjo.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 07:28PM

Remember
a raindrop becomes a stream
becomes a river
becomes a lake
becomes an ocean

Posted by: abby ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 08:07PM

I feel far removed from the church and the number of members and I live in Utah. It's hard for me to believe they are leaving in droves. I currently only have my immediate family to compare to and none have stopped being active members except me and my husband and I suspect my brother in law.

Date: June 10, 2018 07:39AM

Well, that's 2-3 people who have left in your family. If anyone in the younger generation wants to leave, they have you as an example.

Posted by: TX Rancher ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 11:03PM

I recently had an exchange on social media (FB) with a cousin and niece. I responded to a post about the LDS church...some propaganda that I just couldn't let alone. Some post about how the church loves LGBTQ, to which I said, "Uh, no it doesn't."

Anyway, a very public exchange between us--they are TBMs--and it was civil, but I continued to openly challenge their assertions with the horrible history of the church. At one point one said something like, "Well, it seemed like you had a mid-life crisis" to which I just laughed. It was in reference to my divorce and marrying a younger, nevermo. Funny how defensive they get when you challenge their beliefs, but when you are happy with your decisions it's easy to laugh off such accusations.

Anyway, it culminated in the question to me, "So you are staying you were brainwashed after all these years and finally waked up?" Yes! Exactly! It's so apparent that this is a cult, but even the idea of brainwashing is so unthinkable to TBMs.

My point is that I agree with Angela that lots are leaving, but I don't know if people are quitting in droves. More than ever, but still so many that will stay to the bitter end and either a) ignore the evidence or b) rationalize it away. Still, for those that leave I'm glad because there is happiness outside the cult.

Date: June 10, 2018 02:20PM

Well its an indication that folks are indeed leaving.
They sure AINT joining up. Mormonism has ran its
course and FEAR and intimidation is rampant.

Mormonism is so robotic. I mean everyone acts the
same just like there are no emotions or personality.
The young adults are so miserable everywhere. I asked
a MISH about Kolob one day and he smiled. What he was
expressing was he KNEW it was a joke.

The real issue is why do people stay? Its part of the
scam that you WIN in the end. You cant convince folks
of delusion when they believe and are taught since day
ONE that its the true religion. Brainwashing 101.

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: June 10, 2018 02:26PM

I've noticed that not only Mormons but many young adults today in the U.S. are having fewer children. It is a trend that could eventually be worse than leaving in "droves". And for the church it is just as bad that many are simply going inactive. If members are not being counted, not filling positions, not going to the temple, and not paying tithing they might as well be resigning because the church needs them to be contributing in every way possible. Collapse may not be soon but the atrophy that is setting in seems observable to all.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: June 10, 2018 05:35PM

Last time I was at a mormon church, I left in my car...
Droves are hard to navigate on modern roads.
Or so I hear :)

Date: June 10, 2018 05:38PM

I admit I dont even KNOW what a "Drove" is????

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: June 11, 2018 12:50AM

TheHumanLeague Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I admit I dont even KNOW what a "Drove" is????

For example: My Chevy Drove without me.

M@t

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.