Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: butterflygurl ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 03:49AM

So I have a very religious goody two shoe Mormon family. Recently we found some new ancestors because my dad was adopted and we found some of his family. Needless to say they weren’t lds. Now they are talking about all the “work” they gotta do. Because you know these peoples salvation totally relies on them doing temple work for them! Such saviors why would anyone need the atonement of Jesus Christ? It’s not good enough to Mormons and they think they are their own little savior by doing all this temple work. Right because we all know doing a freemasonry type ceremony is the only way to get to heaven oops I mean celestial kingdom! I better go get me some magic underwear and I’m saved too! Can someone please explain why a person could be so stupid to believe this? I also read true religious stories out of a hat with a rock!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: johnboy23 ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 04:49AM

I agree butter fly gurl. read my artical just posted called to christians under grace and not the laws of works. I've had an amazing journey from anger,sin and delivered by the real jesus. check it out... bless you...Johnboy

Date: June 09, 2018 08:47AM

Thank you johnboy I will check it out!

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: June 10, 2018 02:48PM

Johnboy, you are aware you’re not allowed to preach here?

Posted by: Jersey Girl ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 08:30AM

I always found the baptism of the dead especially creepy. Years ago when I took a tour of Beehive House I asked the sweet little female missionary leading the tour, what if my dead Polish and Irish Catholic, beer, vodka, whiskey, coffee and tea-drinking relatives did not want to go to Mormon heaven? She assured me that they could refuse. I suppose and rot in hell.Not to mention my husband's Jewish ancestors!

As a reunited birthmother I would hate it if my kid had been adopted by Mormons and they were doing the work for my relatives.Ugh. Fortunately he was adopted by Catholics and is an agnostic, so no fear of that. I do know a Protestant birthmother whose daughter was given to Mormons after she specifically asked that she go to a regular Protestant family. It has taken many years for them to work this out, as daughter is still a believer, but not fanatic.

Date: June 09, 2018 08:45AM

Yes the baptisms for the dead are very creepy! The whole thing just blows my mind that they think these ancestors are up there waiting and their only hope for salvation can be my family doing their “work”. So sad actually! Being raised in a family like that I also know that they think they were special and very obedient in the pre existence that’s how they got to be born and raised in to the church ya know! They really think they are better then others. The lds Church is just sick and twisted!

Posted by: Badassadam1 ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 09:02AM

It all drives me crazy. Badass out.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 09:37AM

It's annoying that mormons think they have a right to impose their will on dead spirits.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 10:35AM

Even your ancestors can't be saved unless you give that outfit 10% of your income. Weird.

Posted by: Dorothy ( )
Date: June 10, 2018 03:04PM

Nah. Send the names to my super righteous sister in law. She’ll use her 10% admittance fee and fix them right up.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 11:47AM

Of the billions of humans that have lived since the beginning, only 1-2%, or more like 0.1-0.2% will ever be eligible for salvation in the celestial kingdom. Unbelievable.

Maybe we can assume the other 99.9-99.9% will go to heaven.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 12:22PM

"Hi, I'm God--welcome to the Gates of Heaven."

"Nice to meet you, but I'm waiting for some Mormon teenager to get dunked before I enter Eternal Paradise."

"Oh yeah...I don't what the hell I was thinking when I came up with that stupid idea."

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 01:27PM

St Peter at the Pearly Gates—

“Oh hi, Rabbi Cohen! I’m a little backlog right now, please help yourself to some coffee and donuts while I arrange for your heavenly welcome ceremony.”

“Howdy Father Felix, please join the rabbi with the coffee, I’ll have the welcoming team ASAP...”

“Bishop Smith! Go to hell, I don’t have time to make punch and bake cookies!

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 03:00PM

I can't stand (up)/ speak for all the LDS [fooled, stupid, lied to, impressionistic, faithful, etc.] members.

They (could) never speak or stand for me either. Diversity?

What do you think?

M@t

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2018 03:02PM by moremany.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 07:32PM

Of course I am holier than thou. If you don't believe it just ask me!!

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 09:07PM

Desert Rat, I can testify that you are a stand up guy! Hugs, man!

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: June 10, 2018 12:06PM

Thank you BYU Boner. Ain't it the truth Ain't it the truth Ain't it the truth!!!!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.