Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: johnboy23 ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 04:29AM

As an ex mormon for many years,I had known only the bondage of relegious law and curse if I didnt live up to it by works. I fasted for 48hrs straining myself to make myself super rightous by my own vain works. Rocked up to church that day possessed like a cut snake angry at god why the spirit was not with me. The cut snake possessed angry bishop called me into his office and cursed me as tho I committed a serious sin, that I be terminated from attending church.because I didnt have the spirit nor did the bishop.We were both self rightous fools but the bishop won and I was out of there.This lasted 7 years, curse apon me banned from attending not only the ward but stake as well after the stake president confirmed my curse because the bishop was against me.
I knew nothing about the finished works of jesus,and to recieve his abundance of grace by faith through the blood of christ,to be instantly set free from the law of relegion and the curse apon me. Guilt and self condemnation possessed me that led to the greatest sins of my life on a sex tour in Asia so bad that even commonist terrorists picked up on it,when I fonicated with a terrorist daughter without knowing her father was part of the head organization. Just my badluck,they tracked my address from my credit card hotel bookings,and came around to my house and slaughted my beautifal pet animals. The commanded that I stop messing with their asian commonist woman or be slaughtered myself.I chose then a catholic woman overseas,that bared child to me and still the terrorists attacked that relationship and warned me if I visit the mother and child they would slaughter the mother, child and myself. They hacked into my facebook,and threatened her entire family and relations, if I ever visit them. My child is now 7 years old and I can never visit my family overseas ever again...I was lonely and confused. I needed jesus to deliver me from fear and guilt.After watching Paster Creflo Dollar on utube, I became saved,set free from the law and its curse,rose up and claimed my underserving favour of abundance as a free gift offered by accepting grace with faith through the blood of jesus. My songwriting abilities blossemed and I wrote world standard gospel songs for the churches,and eventually will be on utube to reach millions. Under grace, I am not under law that used to stir sin conciousness and the devil roared like a lion when I was rejecting the finished work of jesus on the cross to try live by relegion and self effort, self rightousness to please god...No more dear ex mormons, I am now set free in jesus.I love the lord first and trust him in faith and only then good works follow,but the works dont save us,nor does relegion forever striving in relegion, straining to repent and never arriving to that place of peace and forgiveness.In the lords grace Paster Dollar would say to declare that we are the righousness of god even if we backslide or slip up with sin to get back on our feet and rise up,and make the devil flee. The more loving grace of the lord I accepted, the less desire I had for sin. Perfected in christ rightousness not our own filthy rags of rightousness,I was set free from deliverance,healing,fear and guilt/condemnation. I dropped into a mormon church with this belief and attitude without preaching and was warmly welcomed, filled with gods spirit so much that people wanted to know my secret of my happiness and joy in the lord our saviour/god. No bishop could be against me if god is all for me,no angry bitterness from the sickness of self rightousness,now done away with I was a blessing rather than a curse. Praise god....May those who respond can share their christian progress since leaving the church and also empathise what I have been through hell torchure and back discovering the true jesus..The bible says no other angel preaching another messege or gospel should be accepted and cursed is a church that embraces that. I know the old testament is the crazy laws of Moses that didnt work and that is why their needed to be a saviour to end the nonsense,as the sacrifice not only animals but all the ridiculous laws and ordinances that put us into bondage for some mormon reward for an exalted becomming gods in heaven for the stuck up self rightous judgmental fools, I know not this god that once demanded my own rightousness and vain filthy rags of works to forever try to please him. I love jesus and everything I am is accepting him as god,who was made flesh and died for our sins, and ended the laws on the cross, made the temple rent/torn the curtin that there would be no more need for temples, let alone the unfamiliar spirits and doctrines,of demons that would possess the would be prophet Joe smith to take other mens wifes without their permission for his spiritual and sexual pleasures makes mormonism the most messed up crazy so called christian church on the planet..I thank Jesus that I am out of it and have found the real jesus of the bible especially the new testiment born again of his sealing holyghost of promise as a child of god,annointed in faith in his saving grace,blood atonement,that has delivered me and set me free from the curse of the law...From that self rightous bishop who could of shown compassion to shake me out of my disturbed angy confused self, chose not to, that lead to my worse sins ever and terrorists attacks, I say now delivered by grace and the blood of christ in faith, I stand up and be counted as a christian not a mormon in jesus name amen...Many ex mormons become athiests because of such feeling of shame and self condemnation,after leaving or put out of the church,knowing no other way but to deny relegion and its false truths tho I say to some of them, this messege today is all about the real jesus of love and grace, forgiveness and mercy..Justice will not rob mercy again because the law is done away with therefor all relegions under the bondage of law is an abomination to god including mormonism. They are all wrong tho pray for the good people in it,who are sincere but sincerely wrong and decieved trying to earn their way back to god by self rightous efforts and works...thankyou for taking the time to read my journey of self discovery and I will appeciate any comments left here to comfort and strengthen my journey ahead by those ex mormons who still have a heart of love and decency to respond and how they found the real jesus or not..blessing to all....Johnboy (australia)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 04:33AM

If God truly loved you, she would have given you a more dependable return key.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 12:48PM

Oh Lottie, deny thy husband, and refuse thy name—
Other than gender, I had thought the same.

Johnboy23, I am a Christian. The concept of grace was foreign to me when I was LDS. The best way to share that concept on RfM is to love posters here unconditionally.

Date: June 09, 2018 12:54PM

"The best way to share that concept on RfM is to love posters here unconditionally."

True generally, my friend. It's also the initial step in opening a dialogue on most emotionally sensitive topics, like religion.

Parenthetically, a healthy dose of grace would indeed make Mormonism a more nurturing faith.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 01:12PM

My life has been a lot happier when I’ve based it around a couple of concepts. One does not have to believe in God/gods to also live these:

-Seek first to understand before demanding to be understood
-What I dislike in others is generally what I secretly dislike with myself
-love friends and neighbors without judgment
-most folks are way too busy with their problems to judge me

It took me many years to figure these out, because I hated myself as a Mormon.

Lot’s Wife, I think you know that I tease you because I find very intelligent women wonderful to be around. I’m fortunate to have such a women as supervisor—we've laughed and cried together many times.

So singing loudly—

“To love, pure and chaste from a far ...”

Chaste hugs!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/2018 01:14PM by BYU Boner.

Date: June 09, 2018 04:28PM

You are a great person, BYUB, and add tremendously to this community.

I consider you a good friend.

LW

Date: June 09, 2018 04:40AM

thankyou for your comment (lots wife) johnboy.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 07:37AM

I was raised in the Catholic faith. The thing about grace from faith (as a free gift from God,)is IMO that it changes the attitude of the membership for the better. It tends to confer an attitude of compassion for human foibles, including your own. It promotes understanding. It also promotes a view of God as having unconditional love in the same way that an ideal parent would have unconditional love.

I am no longer a practicing Catholic, but I will acknowledge the good things about the faith, and grace through faith is one of them.

Posted by: dogblogger ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 07:45AM

Paragraphs are a free grace to the reader

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 12:31PM

dogblogger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Paragraphs are a free grace to the reader

Thank you dogblogger. I skipped it because of that.

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 10:04AM

We try to minimize preaching here. It is OK to post personal sincere religious belief. It is not appropriate to try to convince others of your belief. Since your post is nearly illegible, I am letting it stand as I refuse to try to read to the end...

Just remember no preaching here.

Posted by: no reason 2 log in ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 01:29PM

ROFL my thoughts exactly

P.S. F*** that fraud Creflo Dollar with a porcupine.

Posted by: nli ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 10:37AM

I have never understood how some Christians can justify that salvation is ONLY by grace, when the Bible says contrary things:

Salvation is by Works only (including obedience to commandments) according to yhese passages:

("do the will" of God, Matt 7:21, "keep the commandments," 19:16-20, Luke 10:36-37, 12:47-48, 19:8-9, John 14:15; also Lev 18:5, Psalms 65:12, 103:17-20). Paul also says works ("law") (Rom 2:5-6, 13, 2 Cor 5:10), and says we must "work out" our own salvation (Php 2:12).

James also says works, giving the example of Abraham offering Isaac (James 2:20-24). James also says "faith without works is dead" (James 2:14-26), and "be doers of the word," which you must also know (so that knowledge is also required; James 1:22-27). Also Ezek 18:1- 22, 30, Rev 20:12-15 ("judged according to their works"), 22:12-14, 2 Pet 1:10, 1 John 2:3-5, Psalms 62:12, Jer 17:10, 2 Tim 3:17, Heb 5:9 (obedience). Paul says charity is more important than faith (1 Cor 13:2, 13). Those who do not help the needy are condemned (Matt 25:34-46).

Here are the passages that say salvation is by by Grace only, i.e., it is a "gift" (John 6:44, 65, Isa 43:25, Jer 30:21, Acts 15:11, 22:14, Rom 3:24, 5:15-21 (a "free gift"), 6:23, 9:16, 11:5-6, Eph 2:5-9, 1 Pet 1:10, 2 Tim 1:9, Tit 2:11, 3:5-7,

Posted by: Kentish ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 03:10PM

At the risks of breaking the rules I believe you misunderstand the Christian position. Works and commandments keeping are the demonstration of a "saved" life not the means to earn it.

Posted by: Paintingnotloggedin ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 12:12PM

I am excited that you've found your creative talents, and you re writing songs.

I am glad you've found peace, an inner peace which replaced the confusing, guilt provoking, Mormonism. Love it.

Thank you for communicating your success. It also sounds like your talents have been explored and valued.

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: June 09, 2018 12:26PM

But did Creflo Dollar get you a private jet, too?

Date: June 09, 2018 11:15PM

thanks ye all for your comments. faith without works is dead that is true, its only after being saved by grace, that out of love,obedience and keeping commandments,in christ rightousness not our own rightousness, that is natural to keep, and desire is much less to sin. I apoligise for preaching, as realize this site is not for that, but thankyou anyway for your comments. The comment charity is greater than faith scripture is a new one to me. As far as Paster Dollar goes and his 65 million dollar jet fly all over the world preaching grace, its owned by the church not him he said. I wouldnt choose to spend money that way but rather help the poor. If I come rich by my song writing gospel albums,I am ready to show charity and share my money from the lord around to help his children where possible. blessings to all thankyou....

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.