Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: July 10, 2018 09:07AM

The previous thread about MORmON missionaries lying through their GD teeth to defend rape and wife swapping, reached max responses and was closed before I could respond to all the comments, but this one deserved a thread of its own.....not sure what to make of it...

Quote: Posted by: Honest TBM ( )
Date: July 09, 2018 09:56AM
That chat session is shocking

That chat session is shocking. Those missionaries were supposed to do everything they possibly could to get you honest and complete answers to your questions and to accurately explain the beloved history of our wondrous Joseph Smith. Otherwise people might start to get the idea that the Church isn't true - i.e. not honest and not transparent. Thus its so important to tell the truth and have faith in God, the creator of worlds without number, to be able to do an ok job at PR. If someone shares some anti-Mormon claim then all of us who have genuine faith know that God could do a little bit of lightning/fireworks in the sky to overcomes any and all anti-Mormon claims. The only Mormons who would hesitate to fully tell the truth are the ones who really don't have genuine faith.

I'd dig into that matter further but thanks to the sacred Correlation program I've been well-trained to only focus on Obedience to the holy middlemen in charge of our Ward/Stake and to not dig deep into questions that come up. Besides we're so super busy doing all the things we've been told to do that there wouldn't be time anyway. For example, I have numerous great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great grandmothers who are rotting away in Spirit Prison cells because I haven't finished my genealogy work yet. As soon as I get all their temple work done (and that of all their ancestors) then I might have some time to deep dive into these doctrinal questions. Also we're supposed to be busy with the day to day duties of multiplying/replenishing the earth and getting all our neighbors/co-workers and everyone in the community assimilated into the Church so that they too can have huge Mormon families full of missionaries getting everyone assimilated in by showing them how wonderfully happy and awesome Mormonism makes our lives (along with having that Judgment Day fire insurance so we won't be burned by our loving Heavenly Father in a lake of fire/brimstone for eternity).

The slothfulness of some LDS families only having around 7-9 kids now when they could have over a dozen is pretty mind blowing and surely the cause of plenty of self-doubt and terrible feelings of guilt where the only coping strategy approved by the Correlation program is to go see the Bishop and be told to be more obedient. When our minds are well-correlated that's the way it is. What a pity that the exmormons don't get to have this blessing to believe that this mortal life is just so full of trials/tribulations, depression, guilt, and plenty of tests as we obey unquestionably and remember that we don't have to worry about having real joy in this life other than obeying our leaders. There will be plenty of time in the hereafter to have joy in a great/glorious eternal reward in the Celestial Kingdom, assuming that the leaders have told us the truth. Of course thanks to the marvelous Correlation program it would be impossible for me to ever question whether the Brethren are honest or not :)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
My best guess is that "Honest TBM" isn't really and honest TBM but an satirical RfMer posing as an "Honest TBM".

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: July 10, 2018 09:21AM

I think you're right, Koriwhore. That's what I've always thought.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 10, 2018 09:27AM

Yes, Kori, it's satire -- much like the old stake president blogs. Remember those?

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: July 10, 2018 10:09AM

I love HonestTBM’s posts. I think his satire is brilliant. I usually play along when I respond to his comments.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.