Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: cynful ( )
Date: July 24, 2018 03:14AM

UGH. Just UGH.

Has anyone seen this? I ran across it a while back and came across it again tonight. Let's see how much of it you can watch (warning: barf bags required)... Y'all are going to LOVE this, lol!

Just wait for mom's peek-a-boo moment, followed by one of her sons (maybe age 3 or 4), doing a cringe worthy shout out to God, while dad stands off to the side, projecting the the maturity of a 12 year old.

Hmmmm... think they might be LDS?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPwhhSC6Rps

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: bluebutterfly ( )
Date: July 24, 2018 03:38AM

It went on for way too long...got super awkward! If nothing else gave away they were Mormons, her garment peep sure did. That was weird. They seemed like soul-less robots.

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: July 24, 2018 03:50AM

they do this to themselves. getting pregnant all the time ruining her body. it cost a lot of money to do this. and wear the long johns at the same time. they did seem a little robotic. I guess I wasn't born this stupid. The cult never controlled my brain this bad. I'm 43 single never married or kids. I count myself lucky

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: July 24, 2018 04:17AM

What immediately gave away they were Mormons was the brick wall!
The garment peep--hilarious!
The way they were dressed.
Too many children, too close in age.
They looked like clones.

The final give-away was the immediate clean-up of their silly mess. The clean-up was part of their celebration.

So, I've been out of the cult for 8 years, and I suppose this is a fad for Mormons to have a "gender reveal"? This is sort of like high school kids thinking of clever ways to ask people to go to prom with them. Like making a big deal out of opening the missionary-call letter. The Mormon religion has done away with a lot of the traditional Christian and Jewish celebrations, such as St. Patrick's Day, Passover, Good Friday, All Hallow's Eve, Yom Kippur, All Saint's Day, Nativity Fast, Advent, 12 Days of Christmas, Feast of the Immaculate Conception, Hanukkah, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, etc. so maybe they need to invent their own stuff to celebrate, to keep pretending they are happier than normal people.

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: July 26, 2018 04:11PM

It's not just mormons. I know gender reveal parties are a big deal in my neck of the woods (Southeast US). I feel kind of cheated that I had my kids in the days when the gender reveal was done in the delivery room--no balloons or confetti, just "good god get it over with."

At the one I went to recently (well, the only one I've ever personally attended), everybody had an empty champagne glass and all those who guessed boy stood on one side and the girl guessers were on the other. They cut into a cake that was tinted pink. And all the ones who guessed girl got their glasses filled first. When all glasses were full (and the ones who guess girls got their refills), we had a toast to the family. It was very sentimental.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: July 24, 2018 05:19AM

It is really cute. What a way to make an announcement lol.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: July 24, 2018 12:00PM

Sorry, but "Mom" just didn't look too into the whole thing, judging by the look on her face; all those boys running around all the time?

Burned out.

But putting on a show for the world to see how "blessed" they are.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: July 24, 2018 12:03PM

You think she wasn't thrilled about finally having a daughter?

You can bet a baby booty there wouldn't have been such a celebration if she were having another boy.

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: July 27, 2018 02:09AM

Chicken N. Backpacks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry, but "Mom" just didn't look too into the
> whole thing, judging by the look on her face; all
> those boys running around all the time?
>
> Burned out.
>
> But putting on a show for the world to see how
> "blessed" they are.

I agree. She was going through the motions at best. She reminded of me when my sister got pregggers with #5 accidentally, then learned that it was actually #s 5 and 6 that she was toting around.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: July 24, 2018 12:19PM

The Dad needs to wear a condom, and the wife needs to insist he never forget it.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: July 24, 2018 12:27PM

Why the big black balloon?

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: July 24, 2018 12:29PM

Whoa! I missed that, so did the Dad! A surprise indeed!

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: July 24, 2018 12:45PM

They're sure doing everything by the modern mormon family manual.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: July 24, 2018 01:39PM

twins, so I was thinking, "Oh, this isn't so bad." Well, yes, it was. The father was acting I think the oddest of them all.

And I really wish people would quit sending balloons up to heaven. We all know where they really land.

Posted by: doyle18 ( )
Date: July 26, 2018 08:53AM

I feel the same way about balloons, as they destroy wildlife on land, and especially the oceans. The other way you could tell they're Mormons is the names of the boys they already had, and I'm sure they had crazy spellings of those names as well.

Posted by: William Law ( )
Date: July 24, 2018 02:07PM

At 3:16 you can see the garments. Yes. Mormon.

Pretty typical for Mormon families in the Draper/Sandy/South Jordan area.

Posted by: jacob ( )
Date: July 24, 2018 02:54PM

So I have six kids and I've never considered them to be too much.

Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: July 26, 2018 01:11AM

I noticed that her garments are petite. It is a trend now among LDS young women, to wear petites so their dresses can be shorter.

Posted by: Ladedah ( )
Date: July 26, 2018 02:50AM

Petite garments for not petite women was a trend 20 years ago too. A little secret the more hip and stylish women passed around in whispers.

Posted by: knotheadusc ( )
Date: July 26, 2018 05:08AM

Did you see the name reveal video? Also went on for way too long.

Posted by: shannon ( )
Date: July 26, 2018 09:37AM

Why didn't they hug?! Why did the parents not embrace and laugh and kiss when Dad finally understood he was getting their long-awaited baby girl??? In fact the couple didn't even touch once. I've seen these videos before and it always ends with a VICTORY HUG after the final reveal. Instead mom just casually started picking up trash. Weird.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2018 09:38AM by shannon.

Posted by: sd ( )
Date: July 26, 2018 03:48PM

probably thought if she hugged him, he'd get the wrong idea and want to start making the next baby. You know those Mormon men, lose their splooge at the sight of a bare shoulder.

Posted by: badam2 ( )
Date: July 26, 2018 05:34PM

I never thought I would be a genius compared to some people.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.