Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: July 30, 2018 01:05PM

censored before the missionary receives them?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Whiskeytango ( )
Date: July 30, 2018 01:18PM

Generally, it is safe to assume that the email program is scanning emails, both sent and received, to alert a live person of something "troubling".The purpose of the email program is to keep the missionary "pure".

Don't communicate anything through myldsmail.net that would cause your missionary discomfort or awkwardness with his superiors.

Talk over the phone or encourage your missionary to yahoo or gmail.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: July 30, 2018 03:15PM

Not censored. Heavens no.

However closely reviewed to ensure they are safe, uplifting and present the church in a positive light. Anything disturbing, negative or inappropriate is cheerfully removed and returned to the appropriate priesthood leader for review and possible guidance, ministering and perusal for repentance.

But not censored!

Posted by: Jaxson ( )
Date: July 30, 2018 04:36PM

It has been a few years but I was never notified concerning any emails I sent my son while he was on his mission, and according to him, he was never notified either. Occasionally my emails would be peppered with colorful language and my opinions of the church and it's leaders. Still...nothing.

Every now and then I would end my weekly email to my son, instruct him to stop reading, and then I would scroll down lower on the page (out of his view) and would add a "P.S." for any spying church officials viewing the email. Then I would REALLY go off. Anyone reading would have learned some new cuss words that I invented on the spot. Never heard a word.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: July 30, 2018 05:36PM

The Morg not spy on its members, surely you jest!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.