Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: No callings ( )
Date: July 31, 2018 07:32AM

Both the BP and SP won't issue a calling and I was rebaptized 3 years ago. My temple blessings were restored, and I hold a "current" TR.

What doctrines are my local leaders not adhering to: Atonement, forgiveness, compassion, God forgives and forgets....

Why can't these leaders move on?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: July 31, 2018 08:01AM

Because you post on "anti" sites?

Sorry if I am wrong, but this seems like a post designed to get a rise out of us. This seems off for a first time poster.

Do you post with a different board name?

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: July 31, 2018 08:02AM

I'm glad you're still around. I reported this one, so if our remarks disappear, well...

Posted by: No callings ( )
Date: July 31, 2018 08:12AM

I posted because I need your support.

Posted by: Darren Steers ( )
Date: July 31, 2018 08:18AM

No callings Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I posted because I need your support.

I thought this was a site to help people leave the cult, not weasel their way back into full fellowship with the cult.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: July 31, 2018 08:19AM

And also for people questioning their faith. That would encompass current members in TSCC.

Posted by: Darren Steers ( )
Date: July 31, 2018 08:20AM

Amyjo Wrote:
> And also for people questioning their faith. That
> would encompass current members in TSCC.

This thread goes beyond a questioning TBM.

Date: July 31, 2018 09:13AM

I believe my answer is appropriate for him.

He's in the wrong bleeping church!

The cult is a farce!

What more does he need to know than to get out and extricate himself while he still can?

If that isn't sound advice on a recovery from Mormonism board, well then, I'm at a loss.

If they aren't giving him a calling he *could* consider that a sign from God. Just saying. All is not well with the Joseph Smith myth.

It's time for his wakeup call. He can either wake up or keep on sleeping. It's up to him.

He came to the right place if he's looking for answers IMO.

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: July 31, 2018 08:24AM

I'll bite...

Ex'ed? Why?

Rebaptized after -x- amount of time? Why?

Re: callings...what callings do mormons truly want? Bishop maybe...anything else??

So you want to "volunteer" for the mormon church and help serve your flock. Do you think posting here, helps to serve your flock?

You listed items your church specifically did NOT do as a part of your rebaptism....so why would you be a part of that type church?

As for looking for help or sympathy...good luck here. Many left the mormon church for many different reasons. The only help you will get or be recommended, is how to leave the mormon church

Date: July 31, 2018 08:18AM

You're in the wrong church then.

You need to be somewhere where you're accepted as you are.

Nobody's perfect. Who would you rather worship with? Self-righteous, smug, arrogant jerks?

Or people who walk the walk, not just talk the talk?

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: July 31, 2018 09:04AM

I was last called to serve on a jury 22 years ago. I begged to be excused for six months, which is allowed. I haven't heard from them since. Do you hear me complaining?

If you feel the need to volunteer, go volunteer some place that will appreciate your services -- Habitat for Humanity, the local animal shelter, a soup kitchen, etc. In my opinion if you do this and talk about it with your fellow church members, you will get a church calling before you even walk out the door. The Mormon church hates when you give away your time, energy, and talents elsewhere.

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: July 31, 2018 09:13AM

Google the word "annotation" I assume your record has such a thing.

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: July 31, 2018 09:16AM

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: July 31, 2018 09:34AM

"This annotation is being requested by the Bishop and the Stake President. In fact, Salt Lake is asking the Stake President why it has not been done. So, in short, many "higher ups" are asking for it. Without too much detail, this individual performed certain inappropriate acts on their mission and has since gone through the necessary repentance steps. However, it is being asked to add a small note/annotation to this individuals record so that future Bishops may be aware of the past transgression and more appropriately continue to guide and council this member if needs be."

Yeah, sure, not a cult at all. Nope, nuh-uh.
They only want to annotate his record to HELP him. Not to forever keep track of his "sins" (for which he has done the "repentance steps").

I hope, somewhere, there's an "annotation" on my former record that says something like, "Hie says screw this cult." And that it remains there for all eternity, Amen.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: July 31, 2018 09:19AM

consider yourself blessed.

Posted by: anon4this ( )
Date: July 31, 2018 09:20AM

There was a man in my ward he went to prison for sexually molesting many children between the ages of 10-16 years old. I worked really hard that he got an annotation on his membership record that he might never again be called to be YM president or Scoutmaster ever again. Yes he also go excommunicated for it.

Posted by: Gatorman nli ( )
Date: July 31, 2018 09:24AM

In a word they don’t trust you....others in your life may feel the same way. I would concentrate on the building of trust of those you live and forget about a calling. Your post doesn’t engender debate or sympathy on my part. Just impartial observation.

Kindest Personal Regards

Gatorman

Date: July 31, 2018 09:38AM

With all due respect, I see the church as the fox guarding the hen house.

It is not to be trusted. It's maligned itself, and still exerts superiority over others like this poster here by making him feel inferior by virtue of trying to get in their good graces.

It's self-defeating, and isn't worth it in terms of his self-esteem.

He's better off anywhere else but there.

Why would anyone give that kind of power to another to denigrate them? It isn't worth the harm it causes. Life's too short as it is.

Now if he's a convicted felon or pedophile, well that may be self-explanatory. But we don't know based on the scanty information he provided.

Shunning of church members is just evil on its face. He's being shunned while supposedly in good standing. It makes no sense to me.

Posted by: anon4this ( )
Date: July 31, 2018 09:46AM

"I quote from our Church Handbook of Instructions: 'The Church's position
is that abuse cannot be tolerated in any form. Those who abuse . . . are
subject to Church discipline. They should not be given Church callings and
may not have a temple recommend. Even if a person who abused a child
sexually or physically receives Church discipline and is later restored to
full fellowship or readmitted by baptism, leaders should not call the
person to any position working with children or youth unless the First
Presidency authorizes removal of the annotation of the person's membership
record."

http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/public-issues/child-abuse

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: July 31, 2018 09:49AM

I am one of the admins. Perhaps you will not find what you are looking for here. Staying active in the Mormon church hurts you, though you may be only realizing it now, and you are helping to promote a fraud - a cult. Take some time to read and learn. Changing a world view requires some effort.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: July 31, 2018 09:54AM

You've come to an "anti-Mormon" site to ask for help to climb the Mormon ladder? I guess the BP and the RS have figured out that you have a spoon missing from the place setting and therefore wouldn't trust you in a position of leadership.

Date: July 31, 2018 10:15AM

The bishopric and Relief Society have more than a few utensils missing from their service set. They are often the last ones to notice.

I don't trust them at all. What is trust? To perpetuate a lie?

I think not. While they may be very good at camaflouge. They are neither honest or trustworthy.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: July 31, 2018 10:18AM

Yeah. And the missing knives are usually in someone'S back.

Date: July 31, 2018 12:27PM

The back biting was the worst.

A Catholic convert friend of mine at one of the last wards I attended had this to say about the morg: He believed it had to be either 100% true or 100% false based on how much the church members persecute their own. He'd never seen a more hateful bunch of people in his life gathered in a church setting.

Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: July 31, 2018 12:49PM

Amyjo Wrote:
> A Catholic convert friend of mine ... believed it had to be either 100% true or 100% false based on how much the church members persecute their own.

I'm not following this reasoning. If persecutors are "true" God help us all. Seriously.

>He'd never seen a more hateful bunch of people in his life gathered in a church setting.

And this is saying a lot, coming from an adherent to Catholicism, given its history.

No offence. But really.

I'm in the middle of a book describing shunning and expulsion and downright atrocious attitudes and behaviours by Catholics towards fellow Catholics who are considered to have broken their rules or expectations. (Historically - not sure how bad it is currently).

But speaking of history. Back-biting would be the least of your worries as a Catholic if you were considered to be out of line in belief or behaviour.

Of course, they're not the only ones. But they feature large in the history of church horrors.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: July 31, 2018 10:19AM

Posted by: Finally Free! ( )
Date: July 31, 2018 11:10AM

It might help if we knew better what you're looking for. It's not clear. If you're wondering why you're not getting callings, that's pretty simple, they don't trust you and likely never will. If you want out of the church, that's pretty simple too, stop going, you can even go further and resign your membership.

Are you looking for support? That's not clear either. Support for what? Perhaps some clarification would help us help you, if that's what you want.

Posted by: Roy G Biv ( )
Date: July 31, 2018 12:51PM

>> Why can't these leaders move on?

Ex'ed, re-baptized, now you want a calling? You should have moved on long ago.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: July 31, 2018 01:46PM

Of course you're disappointed, but mormons don't easily forgive transgressions. Instead, they tend to pile on.

This isn't your fault. The failing is with the mormons.

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: July 31, 2018 02:50PM

There is no such thing as forgiveness in the Mormon Church. Don't believe me? Read Kimball's Miracle of (no) Forgiveness. It should have been entitled "It'll be a Miracle if we Forgive You".

Posted by: Maude ( )
Date: July 31, 2018 03:11PM

Perhaps this poster inadvertently arrived at the wrong board. That explanation for their presence would make some sense.

Many of us know it can take time to process what's going on at church. Plenty of people have stopped by here as current members and read enough to make the move out of the church.

Eric (Board Founder/Admin) has often said that all are welcome here except preachers and apologists. (To the original poster, see Eric's comment on your thread).

I am closing this thread early as the question has been asked and answered as much as we can from the initial post. If OP has more questions or wants to give additional information about their situation or questions they are welcome to stay on (unless it becomes obvious it's a game). If this is not the right place at this time maybe a better one will turn up.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.