Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Gatorman not logged in ( )
Date: August 05, 2018 08:39AM

Just wondering how Goldrose is doing in NYC, Buffaloe is doing in med school and Ruby7 is doing wherever she finds herself. As for me now 70+ yo and resigned from tscc since July 20- I am fantastic. Starting football season in two weeks!!

Gatorman

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 05, 2018 10:00AM

You kids and your football...

Posted by: goldrose ( )
Date: August 05, 2018 03:04PM

Hey!!!

This is very nice of you. I’m doing well. I’m getting my first promotion by the end of the summer. I still spend days/weeks in SLC because of different meetings, so it sometimes sucks to be back a lot.
I’m buying a studio apartment in Brooklyn! I’m super stoked for that. I’m dating a guy, who’s a confident, kind, mature and supportive. We don’t talk about religion and I’m enjoying a completely new type of dating.

What else is new....Well, I removed my name. My mom freaked out and acted the way I expected her to act. My dad is a former bishop and she just can’t get over the betrayal and what their community may think about our family now. I talk to them, but things are awkward. Everyone is convinced that if I moved back, I could feel the spirit again.

My ex is married now and I’m not sure if they’re already temple married. I don’t think so tho.

Many of my BYU classmates left the lds church too. It’s crazy to think that we all probably had similar worries and were frustrated the same way, but we didn’t really think about it. The guys who left are mostly not married and I’m happy to see they do well in their chosen career and making money and enjoying life. If I compare them to people, who got married while in college, it’s so different. Those guys have two or three kids and a very boring life at age 25-27.

I’m excited to hear from Buffalo.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 05, 2018 10:46PM

That's really great news, Goldrose! It sounds like everything is going really well.

Date: August 06, 2018 09:11PM

Excellent news on all fronts... glad to hear many classmates calling it quits.....and your new found love

Gatorman

Date: August 07, 2018 07:49PM

I greatly fear our Mighty Buffaloe has returned to the dark side to keep his marriage......

Gatorman

Posted by: goldrose ( )
Date: August 07, 2018 11:12PM

What was the last thing he posted? I read that he was going to school in Colorado and his wife sorta accepted his position with the church.

I hope for the best.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 07, 2018 11:27PM

On May 20 mightybuffalo wrote here (https://www.exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,2113972,2115673#msg-2115673) that he was in Corona, CA for the summer and would be to our June OC exmo meeting.

He wasn't...

:(

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 10, 2018 09:51AM

It might be more being busy with his move and starting medical school. IIRC he already started school or is close to it.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 10, 2018 09:53AM

I hope the Danites didn't get him...!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.