Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: jay ( )
Date: August 05, 2018 06:12PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2018 06:12PM by jay.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: xtremewayz ( )
Date: August 06, 2018 12:36AM

LDS....Lucifers Dedicated Servants

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: August 05, 2018 06:25PM

Temple markings.

Posted by: Leaving ( )
Date: August 05, 2018 06:45PM

The iron rod on the iron rod.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 05, 2018 07:06PM

"And it came to pass in the 200th year of the dispensation of Joseph Smith, that the good sisters of the church learned through revelation that upon reaching menarche, each sister was to acquire the mark of the most high lord, indeed, a cricket, a quarter inch wide and a half inch long, somewhere on her body, in an area that would be covered by her garments, when that noble day came. Only she, her mother and the Stake Tattooist would know where the mark was given, until it was revealed to her husband..."

And soon it became all the rage for the priests, giggling and punching each other in the back row at Priesthood meeting, to exchange confidences about where Mikayela, Bbeckki, Taiyelor and Raemonna had their crickets!

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: August 05, 2018 07:10PM

Becky!

You never miss a chance!

Date: August 05, 2018 10:33PM

I surely hope "Becky" was intentional.

But I wouldn't put it past you to be amusing even when you are not trying to be amusing.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 05, 2018 11:06PM

Email me, if you dare! I shan't hang out my garments for all to see!

Date: August 06, 2018 02:18AM

That, at least, is merciful.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: August 06, 2018 10:23AM

Stake Tattooist! Hahahaha ha ha

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: August 05, 2018 07:36PM

In an effort to counter the popularity of the evangelical Christian fiction series "Left Behind", some Mormons would get a CTR tattoo on their right behind.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: August 11, 2018 02:46AM

Oh, my! The visual imagery you sparked!! CTR!

The first image that fired in my imagination was a cute little Deseret Beehive.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: August 05, 2018 07:36PM

Choose the Reich.

Posted by: anono this week ( )
Date: August 05, 2018 08:56PM

++ ya!,,,,
Also I've heard that there was a movement at BYU to wear the CTR ring on the left pinky by a few silent protesters, and some nonconformists even made a CTL ring to wear.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: August 06, 2018 12:10AM

Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: August 05, 2018 09:18PM

The CTR ring's message, "Choose the Right"), or just CTR.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: August 06, 2018 12:03AM

A big picture of the greatest modern profit (TBM thinking), the Hinkster, on their chests with his greatest quote, "I didn't know we taught that."

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: August 06, 2018 04:23AM

I'm still fixated on the Joseph and Hyrum bookends, that the Deseret Bookstore used to sell. To large fake-bronze heads in profile (oh those phallic noses!)

One on each large cheek, to be seen peering out from under the thin temple garments.

Posted by: rocketscientist ( )
Date: August 06, 2018 08:13AM

I have a Mormon approved tattoo. In the 1950's, the fear of mass casualties due to an atomic attack led to what is known as the "Atomic Tattoo." The fear was that many would be bleeding out in the streets unless their blood type was known quickly. So, with the TSCC's approval, kids and adults in Logan Utah were tattooed with their blood type.

I was one of those kids. I was 5 and I distinctly remember getting the tattoo in the basement of the Logan 11th ward.

Here's a link to information: http://www.conelrad.com/atomicsecrets/secrets.php?secrets=11
Note that an article from The Herald Journal (the local Logan paper) is referenced.

My tattoo says "O+" but the "+" is rolled over a bit (I'm sure I flinched--it hurt like hell), so it looks more like "Ox." I used to tell my kids that I had my nickname tattooed under my arm when I was a kid.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2018 08:13AM by rocketscientist.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: August 06, 2018 07:55PM

I was born in the 1950s (1957) and I never had to have the tattoo, maybe because of my age. That was really interesting to read. Thanks.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: August 06, 2018 12:08PM

Their membership number.

Posted by: GregS ( )
Date: August 06, 2018 12:24PM

It would somehow seem appropriate for a religion with contrived claims to Jewish heritage; including their perceived persecution as opposed to genuine persecution, as evidenced by the tattooed numbers of concentration camp survivors.

Date: August 06, 2018 12:28PM

I don't know if generally Mormons would like a holocaust though I know many who think they are currently living through one which is a slap in the face of any true survivor.

Posted by: GregS ( )
Date: August 06, 2018 12:28PM

Exactly.

Posted by: memikeyounot ( )
Date: August 06, 2018 01:57PM

My daughter just got one on Friday, pretty simple..a small drawing of a mountain (she loves these Utah mountains) and when I saw her Saturday, she still had the cover on it.

She was also getting up enough nerve to go show her mom. I'm still waiting to see how that went.

Posted by: Stupor O. Thought ( )
Date: August 06, 2018 02:31PM

They would probably get a tattoo of their favorite temple(s). Just like they all have on the wall of their house.

Date: August 06, 2018 02:46PM

Or worse...The First Presidency.

http://www.salamandersociety.com/foyer/tattoo/

Posted by: doyle18 ( )
Date: August 06, 2018 10:20PM

CTR, the Masonic markings on the garments, or their favorite temple.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: August 11, 2018 07:57AM

While I don't normally care much for any tattoos, I saw one earlier this week that was just gorgeous. Of a Geisha in full attire on the upper arm of a sales clerk @ TJ Maxx. The face & hair of the geisha were most pronounced.

The clerk told me she selected the art from a print she admired which she took to the tattoo parlor with her.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.