Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Now a Gentile ( )
Date: August 07, 2018 09:36AM

I skimmed through it and I didn't notice any females. Did I just miss one or were there none? I will go with the latter.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: August 07, 2018 07:16PM

Now a Gentile Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I skimmed through it and I didn't notice any
> females. Did I just miss one or were there none? I
> will go with the latter.

Well they held it in the JS relief society room. That's good enough for them. Lol

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: August 07, 2018 03:57PM

I like how the LDS church is telling the press that worthiness interviews are not "specific" or explicit. But item 5. under the missionary application says the worthiness interviews are to be "specific and explicit."

Posted by: dogblogger ( )
Date: August 07, 2018 04:05PM

It's OK because a missionary is an adult and can now be freely abused

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: August 07, 2018 05:26PM

Grrrrrr

Posted by: subeamnotlogedin ( )
Date: August 07, 2018 05:38PM

I need a picture in my mind of how they are doing it.

Date: August 07, 2018 07:10PM

Just goes to show how the top continues to blame everyone but themselves for the church's failures. It couldn't possibly be their outdated message dripping in lies. No, it must be their mission presidents and lazy missionaries for bringing the wrong type of people into the church. They keep using the word converted in the memo, but brainwashed would be more accurate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2018 07:14PM by messygoop.

Date: August 07, 2018 07:13PM

They also blame stake presidents for failing to call disciplinary concils on members that are in apostasy. They duly note that the councils are not to be called courts. Was this in reference to John D and Jeremy R.?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2018 07:19PM by messygoop.

Posted by: gettinreal ( )
Date: August 08, 2018 10:48AM

Probably because those meetings in no way resemble anything close to court proceedings... you know, where the person on trial has specific rights??

Posted by: goldrose ( )
Date: August 08, 2018 11:26AM

“Parents can learn a lot by looking at their child’s phone or computer.” I hope the child is looking up “anti” Mormon website

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: August 08, 2018 02:54PM

ARGH!!! One of the things that really pissed me off is how they think they need to include "parents" in missionary questions. MISSIONARIES ARE ADULTS!!!! THEY DON'T NEED PARENTAL PERMISSION FOR SHIT!!!!

"Parents can learn a lot by looking at their children's phone, device or computer."

I'll get off my soapbox now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2018 03:00PM by Heidi GWOTR.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: August 08, 2018 03:52PM

Things learned from a reading of this authoritarian evil rhetoric:

1. It's fine and dandy to snoop on your children's phone, device, and computer, you know, rather than have a decent relationship where you actually communicate with them.

2. Stake presidents and bishops who do no tow the line and "are unwilling to address discipline are subject to being released". Oh, and that won't be pretty as the kind and oh so loving church will smear your reputation in any way they come up with.

3. I had no idea that in order to testify in a disciplinary council (never court is the order), you must be a member of the cult, plus the stake pres gets to "ask who the witnesses are, what they will testify to, and the relevance of their testimony." Oh yeah, also guess who gets to control how long a witness can testify for?....of course, the person being tried or NOT. Such a loving and fair affair!

Posted by: goldrose ( )
Date: August 08, 2018 09:54PM

I think it's awful to even encourage parents to snoop on their children's phones or computers. I really hope most parents try to build trust with their children.

Posted by: chipace ( )
Date: August 09, 2018 12:45AM

My TBM younger sister has 5 kids and there is no way she or her husband has the time and energy to develop a relationship of trust with each of their kids. Myself, not burdened with church membership and only having 2 kids have a lot of time to spend 1 on 1 with them.
It's too bad that I will not be able to spend eternity with them as I don't belong to a cult.

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: August 09, 2018 08:11AM

Not to stick up for or rationalize mormonism...but as a parent who was ...p.a.y.i.n.g....for my kids' phones, I absolutely had the right to snoop on their phones. I wanted to see what apps they had, and who they are talking to. I also had the ...r.i.g.h.t....to go through their rooms. It's called parenting...

Yes...I also have good and open relationships w/my kids, who are grown now.

Just because your kids "have" their own room, and "their" own phone, paid for by loving parents, doesn't mean those items BELONG to the kids. They still (IMO) belong to the people who are PAYING for them, meaning the parents..

Posted by: gettinreal ( )
Date: August 09, 2018 11:54AM

I largely agree with you. If you are a “grown adult” living under my roof, there are certain losses of privacy and other “rights” as a result.
However I can see the other side of the coin. It IS bizarre that the cult would ENCOURAGE spying on, what in this context are, legal adults. It certainly doesn’t help relationships, and furthermore... if you feel spying is necessary, is this a person that SHOULD go on a mission??? On the other hand, thats how life on a mission is.

Posted by: nonmo_1 ( )
Date: August 09, 2018 06:28PM

"Spying" on your young kids, is what I was referring to, especially, if you are paying for their housing, food, clothes, phone, etc.

Spying on grown adults, because they are your family is different. Again, I will counter that even if they are grown but you, as the parents, are paying for their phone, I might still feel entitled to snoop thru their phone.

This is easy for me to say because when my kids were younger and wanted smart phones, they had to pay to buy the phone and the data plan. As they got older, they foot their own part of my phone plan. My oldest has moved out. He is now on his own phone plan and has his own car insurance.

My youngest is going to college. He has a car to use, but it isn't his. He still pays for his share on my insurance plan, as well as his share of the phone bill on my plan.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.