Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: August 08, 2018 03:45PM

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/world/7000-year-old-maya-remains-found-in-mexico/ar-BBLDF1K

Now I can return to church. This cave of wonders has revealed a treasure trove. I bet it was the cave Ether hid in...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: August 08, 2018 03:48PM

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: August 08, 2018 08:31PM

I can visualize some archaeologists and anthropologists getting really cynical about them and mumbling something about "how the popular press treats science."

From the article:

>>The three Maya skeletons were found in the Puyil cave, which is in the Tacotalpa municipality of Tabasco state, located in southern Mexico.

>>One set is up to 7,000 years old, while the other two are thought to date back around 4,000 years.

Good thing I just got back from Costco with a fresh supply of bullchip filters...

And boyhowdy, the Von Däniken crowd is going to have a field day with that "elongated skull."

https://www.ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/breaking-new-dna-testing-2000-year-old-elongated-paracas-skulls-changes-020914

Incidentally, I've read other reports detailing the "unrealiability" of certain Mexican archaeologists... The other possibility, looking at the spelling of "civilisation," is someone from the British tabloids had role in this story.

https://www.livescience.com/41781-the-maya.html

With the "pre-Classic Period" in Mayan history, we're looking at dates of around 1800 BCE. I invite people to "do the math" on that one...

Date: August 09, 2018 09:57PM

Whew. I thought I would have to go back to church!

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 08, 2018 04:00PM

With enough grease, a shoe-horn and a sturdy mallet, this new find will fit comfortably in the Book of Morphine time frame, and every knee will bend and every tongue confess that Joseph Sniff was a true prophet and now, deservedly, lays in a hammock at the right hand of ghawd, eating sacrament Wonder Bread and drinking sacrament 'wine'.

And as I've always said, Numquid non comedent illud mirabile, quod tamen est si pati?

Date: August 08, 2018 05:01PM

Book of Morphine!

Samuel Clemens would be proud.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: August 08, 2018 04:37PM

Nope.

Man has only been on the earth 6000 years therefore the 7000 year old remains belong to a being from another planet who was no righteous enough to be ressurected and whose planet was recycled into this one.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: August 08, 2018 05:29PM

They brought dinosaur bones with them to bury in various places to test the faith of the chosen people.

Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: August 08, 2018 05:30PM

You mean the aztecs? Book of Mormon is nothing but myth and a fairy tale

Date: August 08, 2018 06:07PM

Crazy horse Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You mean the aztecs?

Nope. And maybe they will find their barges ditched in this cave? ;)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.