Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 10, 2018 10:33PM

I gotz ta know!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: August 10, 2018 11:35PM

in b 4 ~ 2 drunk 2 post ! ! ! ~

Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: August 11, 2018 12:06AM

A recent (to me) improvement: a powder added to plain distilled water.

LIQUID I.V. ("Hydration Multiplier, utilizing Cellular Transport Technology")--and the flavor used in the 16 gram packages I am presently aware of is Lemon Lime.

Given our recent (until today) run of temps in the 100s (we were in TWO digits today, and it felt great! :D), I have been drinking a gallon or more a day of distilled water--and still feeling dehydrated. Paul brought this new-to-me product home from GNC so I could try it, and it actually does seem to make a positive difference.

I think "Liquid I.V.," plus distilled water, qualifies as "proper hydration." :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2018 12:08AM by Tevai.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: August 11, 2018 12:18AM

My son living in Japan told me this evening that sodium is encouraged there to support hydration during the heat waves, and for sports - in addition to the regular sports drinks like gatorade - sodium is a way to keeping the body hydrated during extreme stress on the body.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: August 12, 2018 09:33PM

No wonder salt was such a commodity in Rome. No A/C back then.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: August 11, 2018 12:20AM

When I was in the hospital, my renal function numbers nearly doubled due to IV hydration. I make a very sincere attempt to remain as hydrated as possible, but it only seems to result in more frequent trips to the bathroom. . .

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 11, 2018 01:12AM

Water in/water out...

The kidneys are filters! You want them working steadily! Pee your way to clean, healthy body!

Date: August 11, 2018 09:19PM

It is available at GNC stores, if you have one nearby.

You can also order it from www.gnc.com, by searching for "Hydration Multiplier."

For me, it took a couple of days for my body to get used to it (nothing substantive, mostly that the lemon-lime flavor is okay, but not what I'm used to), but from about Day Three on, there was a BIG improvement I could actually, physically, feel.

My suggestion: mix it up in a pitcher or big Mason jar or something similar which will accommodate 16 ounces of water, and then keep that mixture in the refrigerator between swallows (I take about six swallows at a time). The powder seems to dissolve quickly and well, but you might stir it up once in a while, before you drink the solution.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: August 13, 2018 12:43AM

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: August 11, 2018 08:44PM

The temperatures here,central Arizona, have been running from 102 up to 114 for the last 30 days or so. Now this is in direct conflict with the reported weather yet I read these temperatures from the thermometer on my back porch. Is there misdirection somewhere?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2018 08:45PM by thedesertrat1.

Date: August 11, 2018 09:35PM

thedesertrat1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The temperatures here,central Arizona, have been
> running from 102 up to 114 for the last 30 days or
> so. Now this is in direct conflict with the
> reported weather yet I read these temperatures
> from the thermometer on my back porch. Is there
> misdirection somewhere?

This happens to us a lot too.

In our case, our "local" temperature is read at a location which is actually about five miles away (and is in a somewhat different terrain: different altitude, different reflective surfaces, and different wind patterns in particular).

When the temperature around here gets to really hot (high 90s and above), the "official" recorded temperature may several degrees "off" from what is actually true at my residence, specifically in hot weather (rather than cold).

At this point (we have lived here for a number of years), we just roll with whatever temperature is recorded because we have enough experience to fairly accurately recalibrate that number to what is (at THIS address, with OUR terrain) our ACTUAL temperature (often helped by the numerous Weather Hazard warnings which are somewhat more detailed as to location).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2018 09:41PM by Tevai.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 12, 2018 01:23PM

I hydrate with booze.

Date: August 12, 2018 03:21PM

Dave the Atheist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I hydrate with booze.

Doesn't work.

Alcohol DEhydrates.

This is part of the reason why many alcoholics wind up looking like dried-up mummies of the healthier selves they once were.

There are also other reasons which contribute to this--such as the long-term substitution of alcohol and easy carbs for nutritious, and otherwise physiologically positive, foods like vegetables, fruits, seeds and nuts, and better grains--but dehydration caused by alcohol intake is a major cause of this phenomenon.

(I come from a family with multiple alcoholics, and I observed this phenomenon in real time, as it played out for different people over my lifetime, from my toddlerhood on.)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2018 05:07PM by Tevai.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: August 12, 2018 09:38PM

Dave - switch to beer.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 13, 2018 09:37AM

Played a round of golf with 2 attorneys yesterday.*
It was hot.

Had a beer before the round.
Had another at the turn.

Drank about 4 bottles of water after that on the back 9...and still felt dehydrated. The beers were a bad idea. :(

* they lived up to their stereotype as "sharks." Note to the wise: never play skins, greenies, and sandies with 2 attorneys. They cheat! :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.