Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mormon nomore ( )
Date: August 16, 2018 06:27AM

PRNewswire - Dieter F. Uchtdorf, a former member of the Mormon church First Presidency has announced the formation of a newly reformed iteration of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. "We will retain all of the positive aspects of Mormonism," he told a Utah youth gathering Wednesday, "but none of the ridiculous parts of the only true church."

https://www.lds.org/church/leader/dieter-f-uchtdorf?lang=eng

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 16, 2018 08:44AM

"They fled to Frankfurt/Main in 1952 where he received an education in engineering."
Fled ??? Persecuted much ? How about just say that they moved.

Posted by: Backseater ( )
Date: August 16, 2018 10:09AM

Zwickau was in East Germany. It was liberated by the U.S. Army but handed over to the Russians in the summer of 1945. "Fled" is probably the right word.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zwickau

Posted by: Tyrrhenia ( )
Date: August 16, 2018 02:35PM

Yes, Uchtdorf's family fled, from Silesia (Schlesien).

Uchtdorf was born in a part of Silesia belonging to former Czechoslovakia. The region, occupied by Prussia in 1742, had a large German population. which fled or was expelled from the country during and after World War II (Schlesien Vertreibung), when it fell under Soviet influence. Most fled to Western-Germany.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: August 16, 2018 08:44AM

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: August 16, 2018 04:27PM

If they only retain the "positive aspects of Mormonism" they'll be able to trim the three hour block down to a three minute block. ;-)

Posted by: chipace ( )
Date: August 16, 2018 08:48PM

Or down to nothing at (if they are going to be accurate).

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: August 16, 2018 05:01PM

From whence comes this information?

Posted by: KatieMB ( )
Date: August 16, 2018 06:25PM

I would like to hear more? Is this true or just someone starting rumors?

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: August 16, 2018 09:56PM

It is not true.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: August 16, 2018 08:39PM

Uchdorf has a lot of charisma and has a likable personality. If he started his own branch of laid back and feel good Mormonism I'm sure quite a large chunk of the current church would follow him. I think the name Mormon is up for grabs. President Nelson doesn't want it. Uchdorf could call his new church the Mormon Church.

Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: August 16, 2018 10:05PM

anybody Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> https://abcnews.go.com/Business/church-day-saints-
> trademark-word-mormon/story?id=23988596
>
> https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mormon_(word)#Trad
> emark

That's what I find most ironic, is that they disown the name, "Mormon" but try calling their polygamist kissin' cousins to the South, Fundamentalist Mormons, and the CoJCoLDS issues a statement the same day refuting the association and claiming they're not "Fundamentalist Mormons" they're a polygamist sect that has nothing what-so-ever to do with the Mormons, for Christ's sake!!!

Posted by: GNPE1 ( )
Date: August 16, 2018 08:58PM

SIGN ME UP! (if):

Honesty, Respect for others, & Kindness are #1

100% transparency

No intimidation for 'donations'

(perhaps more, I'm not sure quite yet)

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: August 16, 2018 10:05PM

Uchtdorf has always seemed the most benign of the apostles. I just can’t see him telling women to ‘explore their part of the responsibility’ when they’re assaulted or that black people are the seed of Cain.

However, for all I know, he has said stuff like this when Kimball was The Prophet- or at least when it was more accepta... err, less unacceptable to say that stupid shit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2018 10:07PM by midwestanon.

Date: August 16, 2018 10:24PM

midwestanon Wrote:
> Uchtdorf has always seemed the most benign of the
> apostles. I just can’t see him telling women to
> ‘explore their part of the responsibility’
> when they’re assaulted or that black people are
> the seed of Cain.
>
> However, for all I know, he has said stuff like
> this and back on Kimball was The Profit he
> parroted These lines all the time.

He was born in 1940, during WWII, in Nazi Germany.
That was 38 yrs before the "Revelation on the Priesthood" (Official Declaration #2) which really says nothing about why Mormons discriminated against blacks in the first place.
They still have not explained it.
He has not explained how he's a 'General Authority' if he can't even begin to answer why Official Declaration #2 doesn't say anything about black women. It's just talking about giving the priesthood to men and letting men go to the temple. What about women? Why were they not allowed to go to the temple if they were black before 1978 when you don't need the priesthood to go to the temple, since women go every day w/o the priesthood?
And why does your church still indoctrinate children from the time they are born with racist myths, like calling Native American's "Lamanites" as if they're lost, degenerate Jews, who have dark skin as a result of the sins of their Fathers, like it says in the Book of Mormon and was taught to me as a little Mormon. That's racist.
And to make matters worse, you oversea the world's largest army of Doomsday CULT recruiters, and get them to distribute the racist book of Mormon, which would have made Hitler blush it's so blatantly racist.
You were born in Nazi Germany and now you represent the most racist Doomsday CULT on the planet, besides the Fundamentalist MORmONs.
As long as MORmONs use derogatory names like, "Lamanites" to describe me and my children, fuck MORmONs.
As long as MORmONs use derogatory names like "Descendants of Cain" to describe Africans, fuck MORmONs.
They're a fucking laughing stock on Broadway, thanks to their backwards Victorian Era attitudes and naive delusions about race, long after those bogus myths have long been debunked by modern Science.
Joseph's Brain dead Myth needs to be tossed on the dust heap of history like all the other bogus myths that have been employed to defraud people, and would have been a long time ago, if it were not for the world's largest army of CULT brain washers going around every day trying to ensnare gullible people into their abusive Ponzi scheme.
It's just overpriced country club with a really tiny 2 person pool you get to use once, full of mostly white supremacists who love nothing more than getting together to sing the praises of a rapist, while children are getting raped and they all, "See no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil."
While all kinds of evil shit are happening all around them!
Delusion: Persisting in maintaining erroneous beliefs, despite superior evidence to the contrary.
Nobody meets that definition better than Mormons.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2018 10:31PM by koriwhore.

Date: August 16, 2018 10:50PM

I think we're all evil.
And good. We all have the potential for both.
I just want to fulfill my potential before I get recycled into bacteria and viruses, worm shit, dirt, trees, fruit, then all sorts of of animals, to start all over again, and again.
I'm fine with that.
I'm good with having trillions of exact copies of my DNA inside of me. I'm good with believing the universe was once smaller than an atom, smaller than a god particle, and that I've got countless inside of me.
I'm the god of my own multiverse.
And so are you.

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: August 16, 2018 10:34PM

I never said the church wasn’t evil. And granted, he’s made it so far in the church I have a hard time believing he hasn’t compromised somewhere in his life, even though the Mormon church likes to present their highest officials as some kind of uncompromising stalwarts Who only got to the position they are at through incredible moral fortitude. I think the only attribute a potential general authority really needs to show is his ability to uncompromisingly sacrifice everything for the church, which in my mind is a terrible thing.

But it doesn’t make him evil. Just another cog in the Mormon machine, as far as I know, not the worst one, historically or otherwise.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2018 10:34PM by midwestanon.

Posted by: GNPE1 ( )
Date: August 17, 2018 01:18PM

Nominations for counselors & Apostles (not necessarily 12) are now Open;

your choices...…?

Date: August 17, 2018 09:09PM

GNPE1 Wrote:
> your choices...…?

Malala
Elon Musk
Ayan Hirsi Ali
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Jane Goodall
Michio Kaku

Any one of them would make a better "Authority" than Ucht-dork.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.